Method to brute-force attack on my WPA/WPA2 network using Xiaopan OS.

Discussion in 'Dictionary, Password & Wordlists' started by Xayaan., 2 Jul 2013.

1. Xayaan.

Xayaan. Active Member

Hello, I have made this thread after searching alot on this forum, Trying to find the correct match for the answer to my question , But was unsuccessfull, My question is half on the title of this thread and the other half is , Is the success rate high?

By the way , I used BEINI os and reaver to brute-force attack but was unsuccessful, The router either ends up restarting or crashing or looping. It's a belkin 3bb9 router, Pretty awesome for it's kind.
    --- Double Post Merged, 2 Jul 2013 ---
    I have got a handshake but it was not crackable using even a 1.2 billion dictionary since my passphrase is a non-dictionary passphrase. And i wonder if i could do it using Xiaopan.

2. Fantasma

Fantasma Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. Xayaan.

Xayaan. Active Member

Thanks alot for the quick reply, Fatasma ! However i would like to know some other things before proceeding, What are the chances that this will work? and , Is "Crunch" Preinstalled on Xiaopan OS ?

4. estimacamry

estimacamry Tracker
    VIP

Know your target, use some common sense..with all this I would say 10% technique and 90% pure luck;) There's no such thing as a great/complete dictionary or wordlists so don't waste time waiting for it, unless you could prepare a wordlists with the complete alpha-numeric plus symbols but it would take years for you to completely run through it:p

5. Fantasma

There is no warranty that will work, but if you use a good "char combo" (numbers,letters and symbols) i think you will have good chances :D

Yes, Crunch is preinstalled in Xiaopan, you must run it from command line. Eg:
    Code:
    Select All
    crunch <min-len> <max-len> <charset> -u | aircrack-ng <path to cap file> -e <ESSID> -w-

6. Xayaan.

Xayaan. Active Member

Thank you again for your quick reply fantasma ! :) and thank you estacamiry for your reply too ! :D

Thinking from your reply :) , I think hashcat has a better chance, But you're the expert. What's your opinion on hashcat? :)

"Third: '0123456789' this is the list of characters to include in the wordlist for a numeric password. note: 75 % of users use numeric passwords. but you can also try something like: '01234567890abcdefghijklf' by using an alphanumeric wordlist the time will increase as this is a brute force method. "

^AS mentioned above , Is '01234567890abcdefghijklf!@#$%^&*()_-+={[}]' a valid combination? :) I know it will take time but i can spare time for auditing my wireless network if it means that noone can crack it (Hypothetically).

7. estimacamry

estimacamry Tracker
    VIP

You should try to do some pentest on your own. Its always fun to get your hands dirty;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Xayaan.

Xayaan. Active Member

Yes, Thank you :). I will , It's fun :D

And by the way , I have tried Xiapan OS and seem to have a problem, I already have a handshake file with me and i want to copy and paste it in the pendrive, So that i can locate it on Xiapan OS XFE , But i can't.
    --- Double Post Merged, 6 Jul 2013 ---
    I am currently trying out crunch and it seems to take a long time, But i want to recover my WPA/WPA2 password as soon as possible :( And by the way , I don't know the exact number of characters in my password since i'm trying to recover it, What should i do if i don't know the exact characters used?

9. Fantasma

You must mount your usb/hd partition (where you handshake file is located) to be able to copy/paste with xfe

10. estimacamry

estimacamry Tracker
    VIP

There should be a reset button somewhere on the router. You may need a paper clip or fine wire to push it. This will reset the router back to factory defaults in addition to resetting the password. Unless you don't have physical access to the router;)

11. Xayaan.

Xayaan. Active Member

Thank you for your response ! Yes, That helped alot.

There is no button on the router i'm using and yeah , As you all have been supportive and helped me, I tried out crunch and it seems to take forever to get a 8-character password. Is there any other way on Xiaopan?

12. estimacamry

estimacamry Tracker
    VIP

What's your router's make and model?