Issue Alfa AWUS036NH

Discussion in 'Xiaopan Support' started by kheetah, 17 Jun 2013.

1. kheetah

kheetah Active Member

I recently bought a awus036nh and I've been trying to use it with xiaopan 4.6.1 but reaver will act like it is working but then it will either get stuck at a certain percent or it will have connection errors. Is this because I need to install compat-drivers? I tried downloading them but I get server errors on their website. Also if anyone could tell me how to install the drivers for my card under Kali that would be great too. Sorry for all the questions I am new to linux and have only used xiaopan for wep cracking.

2. spiritbar

spiritbar Active Member

i get some problems myself i always using miniweb reaver , i didnt get any problems until i get awus036nh
    awus036nh
    awus036nh
    awus036nh
    awus036nh
    awus036nh
    awus036nh
    awus036nh

3. vernes

vernes Guest

Problem for me also with alfa awus036 h. Wifi does not detect usb card.

4. Mr. Penguin

Mr. Penguin Administrator
    Staff Member VIP Admin

@vernes please plug your card in only after it boots.

5. vernes

vernes Guest

yeah,yeah, I did that plug in and out, wifi s not working for me and thats it, and of course I dont appreciate all the spamming Im getting lately since I ve joined this forum, how about that?

6. Mr. Penguin

Staff Member VIP Admin

7. vernes

vernes Guest

Well I got about dosen of emails letting me know that I won million of dollars in malaysian lottery and stuff like that, and it all started just a day after I signed in to this forum so I think U may be xperiencig some security issues on this forum, but nevertheless, still dont have a clue why my Wifi app. is not working,...?

Thnx anyway,..

8. Mr. Penguin

Staff Member VIP Admin

Well @vernes let me assure you that we do not distribute, share or sell user data. It might be a security issue and I will talk to @TCB13 about that. Feel free to check your email address on http://www.skymem.com/ and also try googling your email address as they can scrape your email address from search results. Please check out our privacy policy as well. https://xiaopan.co/forums/pages/privacy/

I encourage you to create a thread about it to see if anyone else from this forum has an issue.

Now regarding your NH issue. I am going to see if I can replicate the error based on the info you have provided me. I have an NH... somewhere. Anymore steps I need to know from your side for replication?

Sometimes Windows / Mac have a hard time letting go of hardware even when unmounted in the host machine. This happened personally with my NHR and my Mac. Had to delete my host drivers before I could use it in Parallels Desktop.

9. vernes

vernes Guest

My HP was distributed as suse SLED machine, I did clean installation of mint, then ubuntu, I run Xiaopan (latest) from live usb via unet bootin, and I own alfa AWUS 036H (not NH, or NHR) which use rtl8187 chip, and all the other Xiaopan features works for me ( and alfa ) except Wifi, also have tp link usb with ATHEROS, Wifi dont recognize either, it says wifi 0 detected ( it looks like its a internal wlan card) and list of few available network very poor signal, tryed to connect to an open network - not possible.

Minidwep/reaver sees wlan 0, and wlan 1( alfa), and working normaly , cracking wps pin, and capturing packets.,,

So, only problem I have ( that I m aware of ) is how to connect to internet without rebooting back to Ubuntu, maybe Im doing something wrong but I dont know what,..advice, if any, is greatly appreciated, Im not a computer expert as you may noticed,..

THNX and ALL BEST!!!
    Vernes