Windows RTL8187L

Discussion in 'Wireless Drivers & Utilities' started by Mr. Penguin, 6 Apr 2013.

1. Mr. Penguin

Mr. Penguin Administrator
    Staff Member VIP Admin

To be filled at a later date ;)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Amkay

Amkay The Wifier
    Moderator Dev Team Wiki Editor VIP

look what i got, all the drivers for:
    [​IMG]

ill upload them tomorrow

• Like Like x 1
  3. dooogle

dooogle Well-Known Member

I have tried using RTL8187L Win 7 Driver for my son's Ultrabook under Win 8. I have not succeeded running Xiaopan OS. I know there is no official driver for Win 8 but if anyone has successfully overcome this problem. Please share.

4. Amkay

Amkay The Wifier

Mr. Penguin Here it is, add it to ur thread: (btw its for windows and mac so you can add it to the apple thread too)
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mr. Penguin

Mr. Penguin Administrator
    Staff Member VIP Admin

What versions are they Amkay so we can keep track. :)

6. Amkay

Amkay The Wifier

i think this version: 6.1316.1209.2009

7. mvzegarra

mvzegarra Member

I need some help I bought a ghostlan expander 2100 that has a rtl 8187L chipset and cannot make it work with my mac OSX mountain lion 10.8.4 i tried many ways and links and the program will install but wont open I can only force quit the program.
    Some advice please?

8. kevsamiga

kevsamiga Well-Known Member
    VIP

Hi all, my first post here...

I'm a relatively new owner of an Alfa 036H along with an Alfa 036NH. I also run a dual boot OS of XP32+Windows 7x64.

I'm posting this info here in case it helps anyone else on their use of the Alfa/RTL8187L devices and disconnections/instability.

On marginal connections, I discovered the Windows 7 driver 6.1316 version provided for the Alfa 036H and RTL8187L variants to be behaving very badly under Windows 7 x64 and suffers regularly from frequent disconnections and drops, whereas booting under Windows XP using the 5.1314 driver instead on the same marginal connection (also support for TX power control like 6.1316) doesn't drop the connection instead.

Some people have blamed their troubles on disconnecting Alfa 036H's down to lack of power from the USB ports, but I also got hold of a powered USB hub prior and the disconnections persisted under Windows 7. And I had a much troubled time with the drivers that came with the adapter, whereas the same behaviour didn't happen on the 036NH that I also own, nor did it happen under the Windows XP x32 dual boot installation.

Obviously the RTL8187 is a very old chip, originally intended for only XP and Vista. My own discovery is that if the Vista driver (of x64 flavour in my case) is forced under device manager to install 6.1314 instead of the default Windows 7 (6.1316 driver), then the disconnections under Windows 7 stop, and you can have a stable connection for a long time which is not possible with the provided Windows 7 Alfa driver of version 6.1316 that is bad in my opinion.

Reverting to the x.1313 driver also works, but in this case TX power control is lost since the driver has no support for it until .1314.

So for anyone having the same problems under Windows 7 or indeed Windows 8, you need to still keep the TX power control panel of your realtek/alfa driver, but revert and drop back down to version 6.1314 from Vista x86/x64 (the power control drivers) and stop using the default Windows 7 one to stop all the frequent disconnections.

Well after more days of testing to find the real root cause, I decided to fix the constant Windows 7 x64 random disconnections with the ALFA AWUS036H's shoddy excuse for a driver, and make a modded driver that works using a mix of the new and old, unlocking options while still retaining TX power control under Windows 7.

http://www.mediafire.com/?h97bt3x91lgccay --- Link still works but depreciated, new Homebrew drivers available with more options.

I haven't disconnected from the AP all day using these homebrews under Windows 7 x64 Ultimate, whereas the provided Windows 7 drivers from ALFA or Realtek simply don't work for me without random disconnections.

...Moreover, the RX retries are reported incorrectly in statistics for the official 6.1316 Win7 drivers as well which could be a potential cause for the eventual disconnections (Like a ridiculous 5 RX retries in 10,000 packets which is a bug the 6.1314's and below don't have.)

#8 kevsamiga, 11 Oct 2013
    Last edited: 11 May 2014
  9. air_pull91

air_pull91 Well-Known Member

is there any update on the latest driver?
    or this one is the latest one?

10. kevsamiga

VIP

Yes, the 3.2 version in the other thread. There isn't much more that can be "unlocked" anymore now.

Although there might be an update at some point in the future if I can dig out any further
    info or improvements, I wouldn't hold your breath...

I'm busy currently unlocking Atheros and Ralink instead.

11. air_pull91

air_pull91 Well-Known Member

Could u point me?
    But as i know for win7 its already v6.1316.1209.2009..is there any never versions than this?

Sent from my Lenovo P770 using Tapatalk

12. kevsamiga

VIP

There is one possible later version than 6.1316.1209.2009. :)

Those that come with the NETGEAR WG111v2 ver 4.0.0, but you would have to hack around renaming the .cat and .sys files
    and rolling your own .inf for it. I didn't bother, but it works...

The 3.2 version is easy enough to find however. Just search for "Homebrew" on here.

:are.you.serious:

#12 kevsamiga, 14 Feb 2014
    Last edited: 14 Feb 2014
  13. ait hajou el mustapha

thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks

14. badm235

badm235 Active Member

thanks

15. I0wny0ou

I0wny0ou Well-Known Member

THANK YOU SO MUCH !!! :D <3 <3

This one is working like a charm on Windows 8.1.1 64bit ! <3

I hope i don't get more drops :'( (the driver from windows update is unstable)

i'll report back if there is no drops.

• Like Like x 1