Which antenna?

Discussion in 'Antennas' started by D4MasT4, 1 Nov 2013.

1. D4MasT4

D4MasT4 Member

Hi guys! there's many antenna out there and i'm lil bit lost which to choose... Currently using the 036H wireless card or my 036NHA looking something good indoor. I'm moving a lot so it can't be too big too.

Btw price not important...

Thanks hoping u can help me with somes suggestions!

2. kevsamiga

kevsamiga Well-Known Member
    VIP

For indoors, the alfa MP-04 7dbi panels if you don't already have them and take off the Omni's from the ALFA's.

Decent directional gains over an Omni as long as you know which way to point them (logo side towards AP). Not too "big" to be moving around a lot either. Portable.

Or instead get yourself a 14dbi panel which can be thrown in a bag.

Yagi's and the like don't really "work" for indoor use, they need a clear signal path along with being harder to aim.

3. Remington

Remington Well-Known Member
    VIP

^^^What he said. The ALFA 7dbi panel works well and is great for mobile use. I also have a 11dbi panel which is 3.5" square that is a little stronger than the ALFA but small enough for mobile use. The 14dbi panel is 7" square (see my avatar) and needs a stand so you may not want to use something that big for travel/mobile use.

4. alouty

alouty New Member

I am interested to know what is brand for your 14dbi panel antenna and where to buy it?

5. Remington

Remington Well-Known Member
    VIP

^^^ebay - unbranded, same with the 11dbi panel