Fixed Does Xiaopan Support WN111?

Discussion in 'Xiaopan Support' started by helen, 10 Aug 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. helen

helen Active Member

As the title dose xiaopan-0.4.1 minidwep-gtk 30419 support WN111v2 usb pen?I know that beini 1.0-RC5.2 E 1.1 E 1.0 Final supports that pen NETGEAR WN111v2 (Atheros AR9170),as i found it wroitten on a web site aand on this forum they have given me confirm that supports olso Atheros AR928X.So the only usb wifi taht will not support will be the second usb wifi pen i have the Atheros ZD1211B,instead backtrack 5 r2 last version will support only Atheros ZD1211B and my Atheros AR928X notebook card but...i prefer when i will back in Italy to use the Netgear usb wifi pen WN111v2 that it seames to be mutch bettar .
    Anybody can give me confirm about my question?
    Thank's
    Helen

2. Crackerz Wave

Crackerz Wave The Dictator

i want to help you but i dont know what is your card type...can u just tell me the card using it own name,, what i mean is like NETGEAR WN111v2 actually Atherps AR9170? what actually do u want to achieve

3. helen

helen Active Member

So first of all thank's for helping me.The us wifi pen is a Netgear WN111 v2 that haves as chipset witch will be the Atheros AR9170.
    Take care
    Helen

4. Crackerz Wave

so, what u want to do, using it with xiaopan? internal or external

5. helen

helen Active Member

yes!Dose the xiaopan-0.4.1 minidwep-gtk 30419 support that usb wifi pen?Im know the AR928X is supported but useing the usb i will be ble to put the pen in a best position (out th window of my house) so that will be more easy for my to catch wifi signals (and olso as u know "i think" that usb wifi Netgear pen WN111V2 have a bettar gain rispct my AR928X notebook card
    THank's
    Helen

6. Crackerz Wave

have u tried it with xiaopan 0.4.2.2 in vmware? or using live? make sure u plug the card after the xiaopan boot, affter that wait a minute

7. helen

helen Active Member

yes...no...no...now i'm not in Italy but in Austria and the netgear wn111 i have it in my second home in Italy so i can test anything just asking and woundering if it was supported or not that usb pen.instead the notebook with the Atheros AR928X is what i'm useing now.
    thank's
    Helen

8. Fantasma

Fantasma Well-Known Member

I'm Wondering if is so difficult try an iso by ourselves?
    I suggest you try the more isos as you can, and use the one that works better with your card (s)
    Also you can check the Xiaopan & Beini compatibility List here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AquTNcK8l9nZdG11dTF6Snp2bXlqdUVPOE04SEtGZHc#gid=0

9. helen

helen Active Member

About your question i answer u...I just asked on this forum that is a forum taht support user you know why?Why if somebody will answer me that is sure that the netgear WN111 is not supported maybe i can olso decide to spend more money and get another usb pen instead if somebody is able to answer to my question that maybe will be usefull for other users of this forum but will be sure will save money that i will spend maybe in Austria or in Italy.
    Take care
    Helen
    --- Double Post Merged, 11 Aug 2012 ---
    ps:Last thing...On your link the WN111 is not supported (that meanes that is not listed) instead on this link is listed (http://dishingtech.blogspot.co.at/2012/03/backtrack-v-beini-hacking-wifi-easy-way.html ) so can u tell me witch is the wright answer?Ok i uderstud that is quite sure then that i must use beini :)

10. Fantasma

Fantasma Well-Known Member

Yea, you're right,this is a support forum, but we have a search box, a google advanced search and a Xiaopan and Beini compatibility list, that i linked you above. meybe you can make a simple search and find the answer to your question in some thread before open a new one...
    --- Double Post Merged, 11 Aug 2012 ---
    I can't tell you wich one is the right, because i have not an Atheros AR9170 device, that's why i recommend you try different isos to find the better for your card (s)

11. helen

helen Active Member

ok can u tell me itch of the two link are wright?As u can see one web site (your link) dont say anything about compatibility of the Netgear WN111 the second one istead yes so witch one is wrong and witch one is wright?
    Thank's
    Helen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.