Cheapest ALFA Network Cards from Newfrog are Fake

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking Cards' started by Mr. Penguin, 3 Sep 2012.

1. Mr. Penguin

Mr. Penguin Administrator
    Staff Member VIP Admin

My Dad got me onto this website called newfrog. He bought some products and received them so I can vouch for them delivering products. Anyway I found some bargains :)

If you come across other good products be sure to suggest them here. Also if you can find another supplier list them here also :)

Update 4/9/2012 These ALFA cards have been confirmed to be counterfeit. They are not genuine ALFA products
    Crackerz Wave sent an email to ALFA which he was informed that they were not the real deal
    Thank you Izdihar for letting us know as well :)

Benefits of NewFrog
    • If you buy more than one unit you get a bigger discount for each individual unit
    • The best thing is they ship worldwide and it is free
    • Different postage options (registered / tracking number)
    • If you post reviews and refer friends you even get bigger discounts
    • Even cheaper yet, signup to the newsletter and get coupon codes
    • You can use PayPal

NewFrog Coupons: http://www.retailmenot.com/view/newfrog.com
    I saved 6% on my last purchase using a coupon code at the end of the checkout.

Coupon Examples
    $5.00 OFF $50.00 UNTIL 12/25 | Code: NF5DFZ
    15% OFF $100+ | Code: NF15DF7
    15% OR $5 OFF $50+ & FREE SHIPPING | Code: NF15DF7, NF5DFZ
    6% OFF | Code: backtoschool

Products
    ALFA 1000mW USB Network Adapter AWUSO36H RTL8187L $16.52 US
    • Includes the omni directional antenna
    • USB cable
    • Plastic holder
    1-1.png 1-2.png 1-3.png 1-4.png 1-5.png
    ALFA AWUS036H Wireless G USB Network Adapter Luxury Set $22.08 US
    • AWUS036H USB Adapter
    • 9dBi 2.4GHz Antenna
    • 5dBi 2.4GHz Antenna
    • Sleeve Case
    • Mount
    • Mini USB to USB cable
    • User Manual & Driver disk
    2-1.png 2-2.png 2.3.png 2.4.png

ALFA AWUS036NH 2W Wireless N USB WiFi Adapter + Antenna $16.23 US
    • 2.4HGz 7dBi Indoor Panel Antenna
    • 5dBi 2.4GHz Antenna
    • Mount
    • Mini USB to USB cable
    • User Manual & Driver disk
    • AWUS036NH USB Adapter
    3-1.png 3-2.png 3-3.png 3-4.png 3-5.png

Alfa AWUS036H 1000mW Wireless-G USB WiFi Adapter + Dipole $21.20 US
    • Wireless USB WiFi Adapter AWUS0360H
    • 2 dBi Dipole Antenna
    • 8 dBi Dipole Antenna
    • USB Y-Cable
    • U-Mount Holder
    • Driver CD
    • Tutorial
    4-1.png 4-2.png 4-3.png 4-4.png

They do not just sell ALFA products, click here for a full listing of network devices.

Newfrog website: http://www.newfrog.com/

2. thewood

thewood Active Member

they ship to usa?
    also which one has the drivers that work for kismac? sorry lazy

3. Mr. Penguin

Staff Member VIP Admin

I spent 30 minutes on this thread and you want me to answer your question because you are too lazy to google it and research more. If you read the first few lines I said they ship worldwide and you are pretty much bordering on off-topic.

Fantasma I am going to have a nervous breakdown. :(

4. thewood

thewood Active Member

sorry i've been messing with this pineapple and getting a little frustrated so resources focused on that but i keep both forums open cause i dunno if i need a different card that what i'm using AWUS0634nha ....which only works through virtual machine.....i treated you like a customer service rep and that was my fault along with the laziness to open a new window up really heh

5. Fantasma

Fantasma Well-Known Member

Geez, Now you see how much useful are the dumb & Blind Post rate icons?
    The funny part is that he made a Crackerz... Right Crackerz Wave? (sorry for off topic:? )

6. Crackerz Wave

Crackerz Wave The Dictator

7. Mr. Penguin

Staff Member VIP Admin

Crackerz Wave you were after a cheap luxury kit. How does it compare with other prices you have seen?

8. Crackerz Wave

WOW, SO CHEAP, the price if i buy from the genuine alfa distributor (tunglt) it is 51usd

if i have work, i will regularly visit this siteundefined

9. Izdihar

Izdihar Guest

guys, sorry to say, a friend of mine just confirmed that these alfa cards are fakes from china! he even called ALFA and they confirmed with him that these are fakes! so dont buy em!!

10. Fantasma

Ok Izdihar, I got your point and i have not a commercial or any kind relationship with this store, but:
    1.- You are ensuring that this Alfa cards are fakes
    2.- You are not giving us the original (or any) source of this information, just a copy/paste from somewhere
    3.- It sounds suspicious (to me) like someone trying to discredit other vendors
    4.- Alfa is not selling something like a Luxury edition, but it maybe can be a customized pack according the retailer, since the links show different device packages
    5.- We (xiaopan.co) have a partnership with Alfa Network (www.alfa.com.tw) and we can check anytime if those cards are genuine or not (at request of any member)
    Mr. Penguin, should we check this with Alfa?

11. Mr. Penguin

Staff Member VIP Admin

Yes we should, Crackerz Wave and I discussed it but I was hoping someone else would confirm with [email protected]. The devices show pictures of the devices back with the MAC address. I can't confirm if they are ALFA MAC addresses. I think it will come down to someone will have to take the risk and buy one, then it would be able to known if it was a fake ALFA or not.

Yes I thought that to and I did independently suspected this. Also, Fantasma that $7.50 ALFA is a bid in an eBay auction. This price will increase with more bids. Not their retail price. Look at the sellers feedback, clearly he is genuine. Very suspicious and hastily written indeed.

Here is the auction page

Totally agree.

Yes, we can do that for you.

12. rempit

rempit Well-Known Member
    VIP

YES I agree over here in my country we do not have many ALFA sellers for consumers to compare prices and so the price are very high at US$51.00 each, this is also the reason I go for the cheaper Signalking.

www.newfrog.com selling at US$16.23 is good price for sure. (ALFA AWUS036NH 2W Wireless N USB WiFi Adapter + Antenna $16.23 US )

13. Izdihar

Izdihar Guest

I'm just saying that it's based on some findings. I'm sorry if it was offensive, I was disheartened myself when I was told that they were/are fake.

14. Crackerz Wave

Ok, don't worry. I will send emai to my lover at ALFA (u know who my lover, Mr. Penguin

Ok, update, I emailed ALFA and they said that these products are not genuine. This is a case of it is too cheap and too good to be true

15. Mr. Penguin

Staff Member VIP Admin

Thank you for enquiring Crackerz Wave. I edited the first post to reflect what you found out. The price point is about $25.00 US for a genuine AWUS036H device for example. Anything less are probably too good to be true.

My apologies go out to Izdihar for suspecting you had conflicting interests and thank you for letting us know.

These clone / imitation ALFA's are the green board (500mW) WN517GP which means that they are the are not actually the (1000mW) blue board. TX Power cannot be set higher than 250mW (24 dBm) otherwise injection fails.

The Terminal commands listed below have been reported by robinchen a BackTrack forums user to work and get the maximum 30 dBm.
    Code:
    Select All
    dload-r8187 ifconfig wlan0 down macchanger -A wlan0 iwpriv wlan0 highpower 1 iwconfig wlan0 txpower 30 start-network

16. Fantasma

You have not to be sorry, I understand your feeling about the scam, just try to quote the information source, that way, we can check more easy right? :)

17. Crackerz Wave

18. BryceEvin

BryceEvin Active Member

I have just searched on the internet and get the result of this thread, and come to say that I just view http://www.retailmenot.com/view/newfrog.com
    and bought serveral small things and used the code, it works right!

I think that it is not fake, of course it is absolutely not original, because that would cause the copyright's problems!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Crackerz Wave

Why would they want to sell pirate product, and only the original work very well with xiaopan, beini and backtrack......and who want to spent money on fake things? (except ps cd games:p)

20. Mr. Penguin

Staff Member VIP Admin

Hey Crackerz Wave, I think that BryceEvin searched for and found deals on NewFrog. I don't think he actually bought an ALFA. I have bought some non wireless stuff from NewFrog :)