Reaver Pro | Hot Pursuit VMware BackTrack 5 Edition

Discussion in 'Linux Based Operating Systems & Virtual Machines' started by Mr. Penguin, 21 Jul 2012.

1. hssina1800

hssina1800 Active Member

Hi , i can't download part 01 from mirrorcreator anyone upload it on mediafire or other site. Please help me :(

2. Crackerz Wave

Crackerz Wave The Dictator

3. Mr. Penguin

Mr. Penguin Administrator
    Staff Member VIP Admin

What do you mean you can't download it? there is about 6 different mirrors (9 parts) and even 4shared and mediafire links (36 parts).

Remember mediafire only has 200mb upload limit.

4. Crackerz Wave

the link work actually...........only some of them are expired

5. gooduncle

gooduncle Member

guys can anyone plz seed the torrent....:)

6. danuel

danuel Member

Hey guys, what network adapter should I configure in Parallels? Reaver isnt finding any networks when it scans... Thanks!

7. gooduncle

gooduncle Member

hello danuel...welcome to the forum :)
    for information regarding cards you can visit the following link

https://xiaopan.co/forums/threads/reaver-compatible-wireless-cards.3/

generally reaver pro works with the usb cards not with internal cards....but few have quoted to work with internal cards too...

if u r trying to configure a wireless card in parallels for reaver pro iso, rebooting the virtual system(made from reaver pro iso) will remove all the configurations and changes u had made earlier

8. Mr. Penguin

Staff Member VIP Admin

Internal cards do not work with virtualisation. Aka: Parallels

9. gooduncle

gooduncle Member

guys finally i was able to download and use HoT_PursuiT_RVPD_Pack....m using Ralink 2573 USB rt73usb...using command airmon-ng start wlan0 in terminal gives the following results:
    Code:
    Select All
    root@bt:~# airmon-ng start wlan0 Process with PID 2737 (airodump-ng) is running on interface mon0 Process with PID 2738 (airodump-ng) is running on interface mon0 Process with PID 2752 (airodump-ng) is running on interface mon0 Process with PID 2756 (airodump-ng) is running on interface mon0 Process with PID 2787 (airodump-ng) is running on interface mon0 Process with PID 2795 (airodump-ng) is running on interface mon0 Process with PID 2813 (airodump-ng) is running on interface mon0 Process with PID 2826 (airodump-ng) is running on interface mon0 Process with PID 5513 (wash) is running on interface mon0 Interface Chipset Driver wlan4 Ralink 2573 USB rt73usb - [phy1] mon0 Ralink 2573 USB rt73usb - [phy1] mon1 Ralink 2573 USB rt73usb - [phy1] mon2 Ralink 2573 USB rt73usb - [phy1]
    now using reaver pro interface doesnt responds....the same issue when i tried it after installing reaver pro in BT5R1 manually as instructed by Hot pursuit....here are the pics

[​IMG]

after starting, there is no response ....how long does it takes to find even a network around....

[​IMG]

10. Crackerz Wave

have u put the card in monitor mode before launching the reaver, or try to put card in monitor mode, open another terminal and try use airodump scan after that use reaver

11. gooduncle

gooduncle Member

yes i did enable the monitor mode...what is the command for starting/enabling airodump

12. Crackerz Wave

Code:
    Select All
    airodump-ng mon0

13. gooduncle

gooduncle Member

thnx Crackerz Wave :)

This is what I get when enabling monitor mode

Code:
    Select All
    root@bt:~# iwconfig lo no wireless extensions. eth3 no wireless extensions. wlan4 IEEE 802.11bg ESSID: off/any Mode:Managed Access Point: Not-Associated Tx-Power=0 dBm Retry long limit:7 RTS thr off Fragment: thr off Encryption key: off Power Management: on
    Code:
    Select All
    root@bt:~# airmon-ng start wlan4
    Code:
    Select All
    Interface Chipset Driver wlan4 Ralink 2573 USB rt73usb - [phy1] (monitor mode enabled on mon0)
    After using the command u told airodump-ng mon0
    Code:
    Select All
    CH 12 ][ Elapsed: 2 mins ][ 2012-09-07 10:35 BSSID PWR Beacons #Data, #/s CH MB ENC CIPHER AUTH ESSID BSSID STATION PWR Rate Lost Frames Probe
    Still no response by reaver pro....how much time it takes to scan wifi connections ??

I rebooted... detached and attached the usb wifi card again...used the airmon-ng start wlan4 and airodump-ng mon0 commands...it is identifying networks now... now what???....reaver pro interface is not giving or identifying any network....

14. Mr. Penguin

Staff Member VIP Admin

Hello gooduncle

You have made excellent progress but still seem to not be able to get this. Reaver Pro Hot Pursuit detects your wireless lan which is fantastic. :)

The issue is you have too many processes or multiple instances being loaded in RAM (PID XXXX) which would make it hard for Reaver Pro to know what to do. Basically you keep trying and trying and these processes build up. You also have multiple instances of monitor mode (monX) To solve this issue I would do the following:

Do the Following
    1) Unplug your USB
    2) Shutdown your VM
    3) Restart your VM
    4) Plug in your WLAN USB and mount it soon after you restart
    5) Enter the following
    6) After 10 seconds after it has booted, open Firefox and click the play button
    7) Wait 15 seconds while it attempts to enable your card in monitor mode
    8) If that does not work close Firefox
    9) Enter the following command:
    Code:
    Select All
    sudo airmon-ng start wlan4
    10) Open Firefox and repeat steps 6 and 7

Now, you can kill all those processes in the future with a simple commands. First check to see if there are multiple instances:
    Code:
    Select All
    airmon-ng start wlan4
    Then kill these instances with:
    Code:
    Select All
    sudo rfkill unblock all
    Then check again:
    Code:
    Select All
    airmon-ng start wlan4
    If nothing shows up, open Firefox and push the play button and follow steps 6 and 7

What do you mean? you said that it is identifying networks and said that the reaver pro is not identifying any networks? Its a little confusing. Do you mean in terminal during a network scan it can find networks but when you use Reaver Pro it does not?

gooduncle and Crackerz Wave, in future can you please format your terminal commands and terminal outputs using the [ CODE ] tags, it is much easier to read and for people to copy commands. Thank you

15. gooduncle

gooduncle Member

hello mr penguin :) ...You understood rightly...i mean exactly as u said that in terminal monitor mode is successfully enabled and during a network scan it can find networks but when i use Reaver Pro it does not...

and using the [ CODE ] tags is the right way for using terminal commands and terminal outputs which i wasn't knowing yet how to do that...thanx for letting me know :)

i'll get back with the results for the guidance u gave for making reaver pro working ...

16. Crackerz Wave

How to use the code?

17. Mr. Penguin

Staff Member VIP Admin

18. Crackerz Wave

Code:
    Select All
    thank you Mr.Penguin

• Like Like x 1
  19. gooduncle

gooduncle Member

thanx a lot mr penguin :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Mr. Penguin

Staff Member VIP Admin

One more thing, your card can be placed in monitor mode but is packet injection working? you can determine this when you enter the following command:
    Code:
    Select All
    aireplay-ng -9 wlanX
    Enter your correct variable X. If it is not working, try again a few times, if it still does not work correctly it is likely to be a driver issue.

I pulled this example from the aircrack-ng wiki. Terminal output should result in something like:
    Code:
    Select All
    16:29:41 wlanX channel: 9 16:29:41 Trying broadcast probe requests... 16:29:41 Injection is working! 16:29:42 Found 5 APs 16:29:42 Trying directed probe requests... 16:29:42 00:09:5B:5C:CD:2A - channel: 11 - 'NETGEAR' 16:29:48 0/30: 0% 16:29:48 00:14:BF:A8:65:AC - channel: 9 - 'title' 16:29:54 0/30: 0% 16:29:54 00:14:6C:7E:40:80 - channel: 9 - 'teddy' 16:29:55 Ping (min/avg/max): 2.763ms/4.190ms/8.159ms 16:29:55 27/30: 90% 16:29:55 00:C0:49:E2:C4:39 - channel: 11 - 'mossy' 16:30:01 0/30: 0% 16:30:01 00:0F:66:C3:14:4E - channel: 9 - 'tupper' 16:30:07 0/30: 0%
    Analysis of the response
    • 16:29:41 wlanX channel: 9: This tells you which interface was used and the channel it was running on.
    • 16:29:41 Injection is working!: This confirms your card can inject.
    • 16:29:42 Found 5 APs: These access points (APs) were found either through the broadcast probes or received beacons.
    • 16:29:42 00:09:5B:5C:CD:2A - channel: 11 - 'NETGEAR': Notice that this AP is on channel 11 and not on our card channel of 9. It is common for adjacent channels to spill over.
    • 16:29:55 Ping (min/avg/max): 2.763ms/4.190ms/8.159ms: It an AP responds with one or more packets then the ping times are calculated.
    • 16:29:55 27/30: 90% for teddy: This is the only AP that the card can successfully communicate with. This is another verification that your card can inject. You will also notice that all the other APs have 0%.
    Source and More Information: Aircrack-ng Injection Test