Beini external monitor

Discussion in 'Xiaopan Support' started by WouterK12, 14 Oct 2017.

1. WouterK12

WouterK12 Active Member

Hi guys,

My old laptop has a broken screen, so I made a bootable USB drive to boot beini via an external monitor. But when I boot beini, I cannot see what is going on on the screen, because of the broken screen.... Does anyone know how I set beini to display the content on the external monitor, without seeing anything?

Thanks in advance,
    Wouter
    (Sorry for bad English)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ZUK Z2131 met Tapatalk

2. WouterK12

WouterK12 Active Member

Okay, so I figgered out a way to do it myself: I installed Oracle VM on Windows (Visible on the external monitor) and booted Beini from that program.

I hope this works for you too, if you have this problem too.

Thanks,
    Wouter

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ZUK Z2131 met Tapatalk

3. r1sen

r1sen Mod
    Staff Member Moderator Dev Team VIP

Hmm... yeah, seems like a good bet. I mean booting into a preexisting OS on the laptop would usually give you a mirror image on an external display regardless of the condition of the actual laptop LCD. That being said, booting into USB or otherwise seems like you would need to install something like gnome display manage perhaps and hookup dual screens and set to default, save, shutdown the USB drive and stick it in your laptop and see if the saved display settings will give you anything on your external screen after booting into Beini or TCL or whatever. But VM is cool too, can run into USB/WIFI card issues depending on your VM manager and settings of your host system. Glad you found a fix ;)