Fixed Reaver Trying Same Pin & Cannot Associate AWUS036NHR (RTL8188RU)

Discussion in 'Xiaopan Support' started by Teddy, 26 Jun 2012.

1. Teddy

Teddy Active Member

• Dear Members, please provide a descriptive title with the exact issue/s in as least words as possible
    is inflator/reaver works with awu036nhr? so far it cannot associated with any wpa/wpa2, it keep trying the same pin, even the router in my house it cannot detect, btw the xiaopan version that i using is 0.4.2.3, i using it with vmware and windows 7 32-bit

2. Mr. Penguin

Mr. Penguin Administrator
    Staff Member VIP Admin

The NHR definitely works with Reaver, although it is not the best but should become the best as the drivers develop for it. Ensure that injection is working. I think the AP might have locked you out of the attack. Please review this article from the reaver developers at google code. Here is a quote:

3. Teddy

Teddy Active Member

i have another question, my laptop using atheros AR5B91 can capture packet from wep and wpa, but when i use awus036nhr, it cannot capture any packet, even from my house router with 3 users online, all the ssid were writen as "not associated", is it normal? if is normal, what method should i use to crack wep without client?

4. Pascal

Pascal Wifi Sniffer
    Staff Member Moderator VIP

Hello ;)

Reaver works with the NHR but use Beini 1.2.3 (by installing reaver) or 1.2.5;)

I possess a NHR also but I do not use reaver with Backtrack where much more stable and especially by changing drivers Backtrack;)

for your second question, you do not see associations BSSID ESSID-because you are using Xiaopan. Try with 1.2.3 and see Beini associations when listening with airodump (WEP and WPA/WPA2)

Downloads of all versions of Beini:

All BEINI : https://xiaopan.co/forums/index.php...5-2-1-2-1-1-2-2-1-2-2-minidwep-gtk-1-2-3.144/

BEINI 1.2.5 : https://xiaopan.co/forums/index.php?threads/beini-1-2-5-reaver-inflator.26/

;););)

5. Teddy

Teddy Active Member

thnx, it works :)

6. lch101

lch101 Active Member

How to make Beini 1.2.5 support AWUS036NHR?

7. Mr. Penguin

Staff Member VIP Admin

8. Pascal

Pascal Wifi Sniffer

No need to change anything ... Natively Beini is planned for 036NHR from version 1.2.3 (outside the compiled versions).

My NHR works perfectly so with native 1.2.3 and 1.2.4 and 1.2.5;)

If it does not recognize your card natively, disconnected and reconnects your card to excite your USB port;)

9. Mr. Penguin

Staff Member VIP Admin

Oh yeah , I forgot about that one :) People always are like it doesn't work....did you try plugging and unplugging your USB device....OMG it works :)

10. Pascal

Pascal Wifi Sniffer

11. anazhd

anazhd Active Member

bump!

Well, is the 036nhr is operating with full tx rate in beini 1.2.3-1.2.5 ?

it's been hard for me to install compact driver because im running on non presistent live usb

12. Mr. Penguin

Staff Member VIP Admin

I have found that when Reaver fails to associate I change my MAC address to 00:11:22:33:44:55 and I can re-associate with the AP via aireplay-ng. From there

I ran dhclient on wlan0 and was given an IP from the AP, providing DHCPd is enabled.

More Infomation here: Reaver Recovers WPS Pin But No PSK