what card to choose

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking Cards' started by carlxdcarl, 9 May 2014.

1. carlxdcarl

carlxdcarl New Member

well the title says it all i need a wireless card that is 10$-25$ and works with xiaopan

2. Remington

Remington Well-Known Member
    VIP

Since this is asked everyday by some newb you should start reading posts in this section since there are several cards you could get.

3. kevsamiga

kevsamiga Well-Known Member
    VIP

Yes for the most part, but the mini dongle types will have no doubt have inferior output power to cards
    or palm style adapters...

You need to research more deeply for what is suitable for your needs and the potential pitfalls of each,
    there is a compatibility list floating around on here for many types of adapters compatibility under xiaopan.

4. Remington

VIP

Not very hard since there are several posts with comparisons and real world user experiences between all the most common usb adapters as well as a Xiaopan+adapter compatibility chart.

5. carlxdcarl

carlxdcarl New Member

well thanks i just bought a tenda for 25 thanks guys

6. dooogle

dooogle Well-Known Member

BLUEWAY 18000G Wireless USB WIFI Adaptor
    Anyone using this?
    Would like to hear some user experience on this cheaper adaptor.

7. alouty

alouty New Member

Do not buy ALFA 036NHA.
    Really unstable. Connected but no data transfer. Sometime no AP.

8. Donut_123

Donut_123 Member

Lynksys USB wireless is good

9. Sumit Sangwan

Sumit Sangwan Member

dear friends i have bought original alfa awus036h from authorised dealer but after some days it got a problem that it can't connect when i go to another room from ap's room . i think it can not connect below a specific signal but my signal strength is 80-90% . i don't know what to do ...i have emailed to alfa network but they did not solve my problem.... SO i advise you all to not waste your money on the alfa product ..it is wholly :censored product !!!!!!!!!!!!! try another products like tp-link they have very little chance of default. goood luck for wifi hacking freinds//////////!!!!

10. kevsamiga

VIP

These sweeping generalised statements about being a ":censored product" don't really mean anything to most people, because no one ever really
    complains about a product unless they have a problem.

The problem is just as likely to happen with tp-link or any other brand. Would that then be a ":censored product" ? Unlucky yes, but :censored product no.

It could be something as simple as an out of tune antenna. People make mistakes, :censored happens...

I've an Alfa 036H v5 for...like over a year as a lot of others have on here, and it doesn't just cover the other room, it covers everywhere outside the house as well,
    and then more. More so than a lot of other brands would have done...well ok, there's no denying that the chipset is a little dusty right.

The comical part is.......... Judging by exactly by the little amount of time you have had it, you still have a product under full warranty from an AUTHORISED Alfa dealer. Alfa don't really need to solve your issue, the dealer does because the responsibility under a sales of goods act relies on the seller and not the manufacturer, if it is really broken/defective Alfa isn't the one to help, the dealer is.

You just need to invoke your *intact* warranty, and get it rectified with the authorised dealer, it's really that simple and all there is to it. Problem solved.

Use it, exchange it for a working one, or whatever else or another model, or whatever else floats your boat, but merely being unlucky, does not equate to being :censored, when the 036H works just fine as is for 99% of the majority...

#11 kevsamiga, 16 Aug 2014
    Last edited: 16 Aug 2014
  11. manohar basavaraju

go with Alfa AWUS036NHA. it is the best in the market at present. In terms of signal strength, picking weak & maximum number of APs & also best VFM.

12. Sumit Sangwan

Sumit Sangwan Member

i bought it in 2500/- which very much amount for a wifi adapter so it should work but it does not stand on my expectations...but in tp-link it comes rare chance of refault in any product and in expensive product it becomes in negative ( i have tried it with many products of tp-link) but you are also true @kevsamiga ...i liked your advise ..and i admit that i may be unlucky but this problem is major problem in this product that after some time it become died ...you can google it..but about exchange the product -i tried it but not response by seller ..!!!!!!!!!!!!otherwise thanks guys for good advise

13. manohar basavaraju

What are you trying to say my friend ? it took me 15 minutes to understand your sentences...
    Keep writing man !

14. Remington

VIP

I have no idea of what Sumit is trying to say . You should think about English classes.

15. kevsamiga

VIP

Well to be completely truthful and honest, the only ALFA I have ever had issues with is one of my 2 NHR v2's, but I think it was dodgy out the box, and I really should have sent it back but didn't, and was always picky about what antenna was attached or it didn't work, and never really worked with the antenna it came with. Unlucky I guess...and my only ALFA I ever ordered from an authorised dealer as well funnily enough.

(It's gone weak over time, and lost reception strength (not transmit strength) for no obvious reason) till your down to a handful of networks without compensating for the loss by using a larger antenna, and god knows why. And no I never did operate it without an antenna always attached.

Maybe I dialed up the power too far or something I don't know, but this is one of my NHR v2's, not v1 (which I've never owned) that are going steadily deaf as well, so
    it probably has the same set of problems as the v1. Since I have x2 NHR v2's I can compare them with each other, and the other one has had hardly any usage, and still shows lots of networks like my new 036NHV does. The afflicted one will never show "lots of networks" even on a good day, but I seem to vaguely remember it did in the beginning...

That was just several months ago. It can't be the 2000mw/33dbm factor burning it out either because my 036NH still works fine...

Time will tell if my new 036NHV is prone to the same kind of problems as the NHR progessively going deaf a few months into use, but failing that, all the other ALFA's in
    my collection are ticking along just fine and dandy (as new as the day I bought them) including the 036H v5, and they all get regular everyday (not occasional) use.

#16 kevsamiga, 20 Aug 2014
    Last edited: 20 Aug 2014