Info SignalKing Is Slow 999wn and unstable

Discussion in 'Xiaopan Support' started by kyubii, 21 Sep 2014.

1. kyubii

kyubii Member

Hello guys,

I just bought SignalKing 999wn and its working on catching up the signal from further away but its very unstable and slow even on high signal. When webpage load it takes a lot of times and sometimes lost. I install the driver and have a good signal. Did I do something wrong?

There is a signal that my laptop can connect that I got 2 bars and its doing fine. But when using SignalKing 999wn I got the wifi signal in full bar but it's very slow and unstable. Any replies would be highly recommended and I didnt install the software to hack that come together with the signalking. Thank You.

2. meknb

meknb Mod
    Moderator Dev Team VIP

The 999wn is not the greatest card or the antennas on them, you don't mention what os your using i find the linux driver's far better "less drop out's" than the mac one's " i find pressing the reset button on the card helps"
    But what do you expect the cards are cheap for a reason.

3. kevsamiga

kevsamiga Well-Known Member
    VIP

No, 999WN is quite mediocre actually. 950WN from the same brand is far better as it has a mini bi-quad inside the panel.

Your not going to get very far on any Omni's, and certainly not on something as cheap and cheerful as the 999WN.

I know because I have one. It's relatively weak compared to my other gear.

4. kyubii

kyubii Member

I am using windows 7. Well I thought its good because I didn't found anyone complain on the internet, lol. Do you have recommendation which product should I buy that have great cards with decent price? Thank You.
    --- Double Post Merged, 23 Sep 2014 ---
    Now I feel a bit of regret spending on 999wn even it is sold in low price. How about SignalKing Sk-12TN? Is it have good card and stability? Sorry I ask, I don't trust other place that I can ask. I will look for 950wn but can you recommend other brand that have great card with decent price? Thank you.
    SignalKing SK-12TN

#4 kyubii, 23 Sep 2014
    Last edited: 23 Sep 2014
  5. meknb

meknb Mod
    Moderator Dev Team VIP

It all depend's on the distance and environment what you need your wifi card for, for great distance's i tend to use a yagi and amplifier.
    As kevsamiga says the 950wn has a good panel but i hate the omni's on it putting 3 antenna's on a card doesn't make it more powerful.
    As for the sk-12tn it's only as good as the panel i've not tried it.

6. ecrudragon

ecrudragon Legendary ^_^
    VIP

7. kevsamiga

kevsamiga Well-Known Member
    VIP

As for 950WN they are still very "cheap" constructed, but it does the job better than a 999WN (I have both).

For more upmarket (and expensive) you want a palm style adapter, and yagi, panel or grid instead.

With the 950WN you are stuck with what you have, and the Omni's are not removable but the 950WN's are passable if you can't afford a lot of money.

Surprisingly they outrange my ALFA 036NH & it's 5dbi standard antenna (which has the same 3070 chip), but then again I can put on any antenna I prefer on the 036NH (which I can't do with the 950WN's because i'm stuck with them without getting out the iron and solder and jury rigging a different antenna).

#7 kevsamiga, 24 Sep 2014
    Last edited: 25 Sep 2014
  8. ecrudragon

ecrudragon Legendary ^_^
    VIP

@kevsamiga
    I can afford any kind of device but the problem is i live in restricted country name United Arab Emirates and very fewer kinds are available like ALFA, SignalKing and some other chinese brands... i am willing to buy a yagi antenna + some king of grid but as i ordered signalking today let me check it first and then will discuss with you further.
    P.S i am not buying Reaver Pro II because i am scared maybe i will be questioned from customs for that device which is related to Hacking you know what i mean?

9. kyubii

kyubii Member

Thanks, I will look up for it.

10. Vincent Soon

Vincent Soon Active Member

I think the SK-12TN is more or less the same. full bars but bad connection unless its near