Internet Company SSID?

Discussion in 'Resources' started by Linuxcrazed100, 30 Nov 2015.

1. Linuxcrazed100

Hi, guys recently I was scanning for wifi signals then I came upon a SSID by the name of WIFID8FE60. Does anyone know what broadband company this belongs to? Apparently the manufacturer of the router is Hon Hai Precision Ltd. Just don't know what broadband company it belongs to. Also is it crackable? Since the digits after "WIFI" appear to be the routers mac number. Any help on would be nice.

Thanks in advance

• Like Like x 1
  2. Omar Ricardo

Omar Ricardo Active Member

Sorry if im necroing this thread, but i'm still curious if anyone has any more information on this router. I was able to narrow down to it being a NETGEAR box. The SSID format is most likely set by the ISP, still not sure which one...
    --- Double Post Merged, 21 Jul 2017, Original Post Date: 26 Dec 2016 ---
    Nevermind the previous message. If anybody is still interested it looks like it is a Ubee box.

www.ubeeinteractive.com/sites/default/files/file_resources/Ubee_DDW365_Subscriber_User_Guide_TWC_042116.pdf

Looking at page 10 of the PDF, it appears the default wpa key is 16 long alphanumeric making it unrealistic to bruteforce or dictionary attack.
    Tested against it with pixiewps but was unsuccessful. I don't think these are crackable.

• Like Like x 1
  3. mike dukes

mike dukes Member

SSID is simply the technical term for a network name. When you set up a wireless home network, you give it a name to distinguish it from other networks in your neighbourhood. You'll see this name when you connect your computer to your wireless network. WPA2 is a standard for wireless security.

Hope this information helps you.

• Like Like x 1
  4. longshanks

longshanks Well-Known Member
    VIP

Evil Twin Attack. :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  5. Pazs

Pazs Well-Known Member

Maybe the USER of this Wifi changed his Password to a 8 digit password, then its easy and possible to crack, believe in wonders!
    I cracked one, a time ago, who was changed to a easy 8 ?d pw...

• Like Like x 1