Issue Atheros AR5B125 Not Found

Discussion in 'Xiaopan Support' started by dorina2203, 20 Nov 2012.

1. dorina2203

dorina2203 Member

Hello, the title is quite self explanatory, i don't know what to do about this issue. so, i'm trying to use beini or xiaopan through vmware for breaking wifi passwords, but either doesn't find my wireless card. the model of the wireless card is atheros ar5b125. i have tried all three kinds of connections and pretty much everything i can, but i don't know what to do next. do you think this happens because of the type of the wireless card or i am doing something wrong? Can someone please help me, i would be forever grateful. Thank you

2. estimacamry

estimacamry Tracker
    VIP

3. dorina2203

dorina2203 Member

Thanks a lot, that worked, but now I have another problem : mon0 is on channel -1 but the AP. I understand it has something to do with the wireless card as well...I also tried to change the MAC address of the wireless card, but it changes it only in windows. It's still the old one when I use the tinycore (xiaopan 0.4.3). Is there any way to solve the problem with the -1 channel, which is probably a virtual one. Thanks a lot in advance, to be honest i don't have any idea what i'm doing here so a little guidance would be much appreciated :D

4. estimacamry

estimacamry Tracker
    VIP

5. dorina2203

dorina2203 Member

Thank you very much and please excuse my ignorance, but i don't really know how and where to run it because i use a tinycore xiaopan bootable from usb. If i don't ask too much, can you give some more details?
    Thanks again :)

6. Mr. Penguin

Mr. Penguin Administrator
    Staff Member VIP Admin

There is a work around to solve this issue in 0.4.3 but I can't find it. From memory it was in this thread: https://xiaopan.co/forums/threads/latest-xiaopan-os-0-4-3-download.361/

Might be a good idea to google the exact error or use the site search.
    --- Double Post Merged, 2 Mar 2013 ---
    Try using 0.4.4 or 0.4.5 :) Making this as fixed until further notice.