Windows AWUS036AC and AWUS036NHV newest drivers

Discussion in 'Wireless Drivers & Utilities' started by kevsamiga, 13 Jun 2014.

1. freibooter

freibooter Active Member

These driver packages include v1030.0.0515.2015:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-8-rt/general/cube-i7-stylus-t3151563/

64bit for Windows 8.1 and 10 only. No idea what the original source for those were, but they are brand new and are properly signed. No installer or tools, just bare bones drivers.

These are working great under Windows 10 for me, stable and fast. However, switching to USB 3.0 is still broken, even with the WiFi utility installed, so throughput is capped at USB 2.0 speeds.

2. kevsamiga

kevsamiga Well-Known Member
    VIP

Ok based on the above, I re-integrated the Windows 10 x64 sourced driver given, with the
    preliminary Windows 10 capable GUI, and turned on the necessary driver and GUI installation
    toggles in config.ini for install for Windows 10 x64, and re-crafted a new package for anyone who
    is brave enough to give it a go. YMMV.

The Windows 8.1 driver sourced above was actually older (1027.5 v 1027.6) than the
    last driver I uploaded, so I didn't make any changes on that front because it made no
    sense to use an older driver.

At best, everything should work including Win10 x64 driver install + fully working Realtek
    GUI.

At worst if it doesn't blame Realtek for not having a full package ready in time for Windows 10.

I also commented on the section @ rockland Win10 support page for all the ALFA adapters
    to highlight that the last Win 8.1 drivers for the Atheros AR9271 v 10.0.0.28 work perfectly fine when installed
    under Windows 10, because they didn't have a support section about Windows 10 for the 036NHA yet.

And here they are....

https://www.mediafire.com/?g7hn69bh7fn9fqc

*Note

Limited chipset support in the Windows 10 x64 .inf, but they should work for the 8188EUS (NHV)
    and the 8812au (036AC based adapters).

3. freibooter

freibooter Active Member

Fantastic work kevsamig, these are working almost perfectly on my Windows 10 x64 with my 8812AU based Edimax dongle. Even USB Mode switching is functional (still as wonky as always, but at least it's working most of the time).

There is one really odd issue I'm facing ... I can't get the Realtek WiFi Utility to expose its advanced setting via the .ini file. No idea why it's completely ignoring it, can't get get access to the channel selection options.

#43 freibooter, 9 Aug 2015
    Last edited: 9 Aug 2015
  4. kevsamiga

VIP

I guess we'll just have to wait for the official Win10 driver from Realtek/Alfa to appear, for now I guess it's better than nothing...(I didn't have any time to test the in's and out's of them as using 036NHA on Win10, just threw everything together that was Win 10 specified like the gui and driver and hoped for the best)

5. freibooter

freibooter Active Member

It's possible that Realtek has started to lock down the WiFi Utility so unlocking its advanced features is no longer as easy ... I might try swapping it for an older .exe and see what happens.

6. kevsamiga

VIP

Repackage attempt 2. Much better this time.

Latest GUI Update to 1.00.0269
    Full release notes included to 1030.xx
    Win10 data config files missing re-added
    Full OS support x86 and x64 from Windows XP through Windows 10
    Signed drivers.

Driver versions

XP/Vista = 1027.6
    Win7 = 1029.1
    Win8 = 1029.1
    Win8.1 = 1029.1
    Win 10 = 1030.0

Enjoy...

http://www.mediafire.com/download/q...027.6_1029.1_1030.0_ISS_1.00.0269.Win10.L.rar

*Additional ALFA chipset Windows 10 driver insights...

WDI (WLAN Device Driver Interface) is the new universal WLAN driver model for Windows 10.

WLAN device manufacturers can write a single WDI miniport driver that runs on all device platforms, and requires less code than the previous native WLAN driver model. All new WLAN features introduced in Windows 10 require WDI-based drivers.

Vendor-supplied native WLAN drivers continue to work in Windows 10, but functionality is limited to the version of Windows for which they were developed.

As indicated by the release notes packaged in the archive above. Realtek fully implemented the Windows 10 WDI architecture starting at 1029.xx release respectively for it's chipsets. The drivers above for Windows 10 x86 & x64 are 1030.xx

In short, what this means for your ALFA adapter to fully support the feature set of Windows 10 WDI for wifi use, only Realtek chipped 11n adapters at present implements full Windows 10 support at this present time. Those using an NHA are stuck rocking the Windows 8.1 10.0.0.28 driver, those using Mediatek/Ralink 3070/2770/3572 have to download a Windows 10 specific driver from Rokland support which i'm not entirely sure if it supports WDI or not. (The inbox Win 10 Ralink drivers only show channels 1-11 on my machine even if channels 1-13 are selected in device manager, plus there are 5Ghz operating issues on the 2770F.)

Of course drivers written for Windows 8/8.1 for your ALFA's should still work in most cases, but won't support the full feature set of Windows 10 WDI (as is) because they were not originally written to use the WDI driver model introduced in Windows 10.

For this feature set to fully work, you will need a dedicated Windows 10 driver for your chipset.

#46 kevsamiga, 10 Aug 2015
    Last edited: 12 Aug 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  7. stampz

stampz Member

I have a question. This may not be the right place to ask this however I can't find anyone who knows about the Alfa awus036nhv. I just got one and everytime I plug it into my pc it just disconnects and reconnects itself over and over and I cant use it. I don't have a disc drive on this laptop so I downloaded the drivers and the Realtek utility myself thinking everything would work, but it hasn't. Its not a problem with the adapter itself I am just thinking that I didnt correctly install something along the way. My Alfa awus036h however works just fine, I just can't seem to figure this one out. Can you walk me through what should be done to get this thing working without using the disc? I'm close to just giving up on this thing and buying another 036h if nothing else. Oh I am using win8.1 btw.

8. kevsamiga

VIP

Since you said it's not a problem with adapter itself ('I'm assuming you tried it on another machine) then It may be lack of power provided on the laptop USB ports or bad regulation on the power supplied to those ports.

You can try a powered hub or a twin USB cable to power it.

The 036NHV is potentially more demanding for power than the 036H.

I've seen Realtek driver issues cause this when the AegisI5 didn't install properly, but that was on an 036H under WindowsXP.

Even on one of my desktops with an NForce chipset, some of the adapters will have this disconnect/reconnect cycle until I give it more power with a twin lead or powered USB hub (with it's own separate mains adapter)

So it may be a lack of power issue (low voltage or current), or a flaky cable to blame causing the issues you described.

• Like Like x 1
  9. freibooter

freibooter Active Member

#49 freibooter, 5 Sep 2015
    Last edited: 5 Sep 2015
  10. kevsamiga

VIP

I'm waiting for a full all OS Realtek driver release since i've now banned Windows 10 from
    coming anywhere near my machines anytime soon.

• Like Like x 1
  11. freibooter

freibooter Active Member

Yeah, Windows 10 still feels a bit "beta" but has been running quite well here - for me, it does more things better than it does worse and is still rapidly improving.

I wouldn't get my hopes up for any older, non-WDI drivers for older versions of Windows. From the looks of it, development on those has at the very least stalled if not ended entirely.

On the other hand: so far there have been no visible efforts from Realtek to make the WiFi Utility work with the new WDI drivers, the leaked installers don't even install it on Windows 10 since the 1030 driver branch. Sadly I know of no other way to correct the dongle's region when it was automatically set to something much too conservative.

Gesendet von meinem E39 mit Tapatalk

12. newtopg26y

newtopg26y New Member

The Alfa & Rokland websites don't have any up to date Win7x64 drivers for the AWUS036ACH (RTL8812au) network adapters like they claim because when highlighting the download links they show Win10 drivers. I needed a Wind7x64 up to date driver so I simply Googled RTL8812au drivers and found you guys.

I have the Alfa AWUS036ACH (RTL8812au) network adapter for say a week now. Running on Win7x64. Connecting to my Netgear WNDR4500 N900 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router for WiFi.

A upgrade from my Linksys WUSB54G v4 network adapter which for some reason has higher download speeds than the now up to date Alfa AWUS036ACH (RTL8812au) network adapter, I just bought when used. It even shows 300 Mbps of speed with Excellent signal. I am pulling my hair out trying to get this new card to work correctly to download files off the net as fast as my Linksys network adapter which is very old but still kicking. I played around with the Advanced Settings on your driver, but nothing seems to help. IDK what I'm doing wrong.

I'm able to watch videos online and search the web somewhat...But till not as good as my Linksys.

Any type of help from anyone would be much appreciated. Thank you.
    What driver version would you say is best for me?
    What Advanced Settings do you have set up on your driver?
    Could changing it from a 2.0 USB port to a 3.0 USB port help much? (It's in a 2.0 USB port now)

If you need anymore info just ask. This AWUS036ACH (RTL8812au) network adapter should be much, much more faster and stronger than the old Linksys WUSB54G v4 network adapter I have.

13. Ryo Saeba

Ryo Saeba New Member

Your hard work is very much appreciated!

14. qweqw

qweqw Well-Known Member

I changed the .ini file to see the hidden options.
    Can we change anything from there?

15. freibooter

freibooter Active Member

There have been two more drivers released that nobody has posted yet here:

1030.1.0715.2015 WHQL

1030.2.0731.2015 WHQL

1030.2.0731.2015 is interesting since it includes current drivers for all Windows operating systems, from Windows XP to Windows 10.

T-Link is the source on the files linkes above, but a quick Google search suggests that many other manufactures have released their own versions based on these drivers.

16. wuppo

wuppo Active Member