Edit the XenForo Signup Page | Example: Adding a KeyCAPTCHA Description

Discussion in 'Xenforo' started by Mr. Penguin, 21 Oct 2012.

1. Mr. Penguin

Mr. Penguin Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Moderator VIP

Because KeyCAPTCHA is not in widespread use, I decided to add a description for new signups on the register page, just underneath the verification box: http://xiaopan.co/forums/register/

How I did it
    1) Navigate to the XenForo ACP
    2) Go to Appearance > Phrases > Create New Phrase
    3) I called mine: keycaptcha_desc and add the phrase text

This is what I wrote
    4) Then when you are done, click Save Phrase
    5) Now you want to go to templates
    6) Search for register_form
    7) Click the helper_captcha_unit tab
    8) Replace this:
    Code:
    Select All
    <xen:if is="{$captcha}"> <dl class="ctrlUnit"> <dt>{xen:phrase verification}:</dt> <dd>{xen:raw $captcha} </dd></dl> </xen:if>
    9) With this:
    Code:
    Select All
    <xen:if is="{$captcha}"> <dl class="ctrlUnit"> <dt>{xen:phrase verification}:</dt> <dd>{xen:raw $captcha} <p class="explain">{xen:phrase keycaptcha_desc}</p> </dd></dl> </xen:if>
    10) Then click save

Keep in mind you can edit or add any description to the signup fields all you need to do is create a phrase, embed the description in the register form by using:
    Code:
    Select All
    <p class="explain">{xen:phrase whatever}</p>
    In the right place. I had to use one for Steam, because people signing up had no idea what it was, so I added a helpful description "If you have a Steam account you may enter it here, with a link to Steam.

You can check more descriptions by out by logging out, and then navigating to this page: http://xiaopan.co/forums/register/

• Like Like x 1
  2. karizma

karizma New Member

Hi, how u boat blocking the entrance to the part we can add questions or captcha system constantly under attack from the preamble

• About Us

We are a community mixed with professionals and beginners with an interest in wireless security, auditing and pentesting. Feel free to check out and upload resources.

You can also find us on: Twitter and Facebook

• Donate to Us

Did you find our forums useful? Feel free to donate Bitcoin to us using the form below. Those who donate the equivlent of $10 USD or more will be upgraded to VIP membership. Don't have Bitcoin? Use your credit card to GO VIP here. Don't want to fork out some coin? There are other ways to GO VIP. Bitcoin: 1LMTGSoTyJWXuy2mQkHfgMzD7ez74x1Z8K