Fixed How to Install Apps in Xiaopan & How to Install Drivers?

Discussion in 'Xiaopan Support' started by Doors, 10 Jul 2012.

1. Doors

Doors Well-Known Member

Just installed Xiaopan OS onto my hardrive. Very easy to do. The program loaded quickly and flawlessly.

Next step is checking out the network setup....oops! No wifi device detected.

Next step is downloading the drivers/software to get devices to work.....oops! 'sh: apt-get: not found'.

Question. How do I download and install software using my newly installed Xiaopan OS 0.4.2.3? I've tried using ScmApps but it returns an error response "Must load mirrors.tcz extension or have /opt/localmirrors in order to use this feature".

Thanks - Doors

2. Mr. Penguin

Mr. Penguin Administrator
    Staff Member VIP Admin

You cannot download and install software it in versions 0.4.2.3 and earlier. 0.4.3 will have appbroswer, pidgin and firefox which will be great for people using it live. This will probably be released in a week. I have tested it out and I am very impressed. What kind of card do you have?

• Like Like x 1
  3. hazz death

hazz death Well-Known Member
    Dev Team VIP

apt-get command line is for ubuntu, xiaopan which is originated from tiny core linux have a different command line.. and where did u download that version again ?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Doors

Doors Well-Known Member

Mr Penguin. You are acheiving very good results with Xiaopan OS. Thanks for your hard work. I look forward to the version 0.4.3. The network card I'm using is a D-Link Airplus Xtreme G DWL-G520 internal adapter card. I have used CommView in Windows 7 so the CommView adapter drivers are present on the PC. Mt Penguin gets three gold stars - Doors

hazz death. Click on the link below and scroll down a few lines until you see 'Download'. Select the link for either 'Mirrorcreator', 'Mediafire1' or 'Mediafire2'. I've just re-checked the 'Mediafire' links and it works fine - the torrent link isn't working and 'Mirrorcreator' has a few promotions and ads that you have to jump through before the download starts.
    https://xiaopan.co/forums/threads/xiaopan-0-4-2-3-english-version-latest.119/

Hey presto! Your own copy! Enjoy - Doors :cool:

5. hazz death

Dev Team VIP

owh now i remember, yup earlier version has scmm app... dont worry, you'll be able add some software more easily soon, without using command line...

6. Mr. Penguin

Staff Member VIP Admin

Why thank you :) hazz death is totally responsable for 0.4.3, I am just working on the website.
    I get no ads or promotions when I checked the mirrorcreator links. Probably because I use adblock. Torrent link seems to be down. Thanks for letting us know. Will fix asap.

7. Doors

Doors Well-Known Member

Oops! :oops: Congrats to hazz death. Four gold stars for you - plus a brownie point for not raging at my ignorance - Doors

• Like Like x 1
  8. ninjamikyo1

ninjamikyo1 Member

Heya How do you install xiaopan on HD i wish to know...

9. Mr. Penguin

Staff Member VIP Admin

• Like Like x 1
  10. hazz death

Dev Team VIP

its ok :) aha.. its better this way.. :p
    --- Double Post Merged, 6 Aug 2012 ---
    i suggest u install it in different usb thumbdrive..it easier that way, and wont harm your HD if anything goes wrong.. the benefit of install it is, u can save/backup any change u made into the OS, so it worth it to install it.. regards: hazz
    --- Double Post Merged, 6 Aug 2012 ---
    let me tell u some secret, u may open terminal and type "ab mirror" (without quote) and ensure u have connected into internet, u will be give a list.. choose from the list given, then press enter button until the end of the instruction, then press ] , and press i ..wait for it download it.. then bam! finish.. p/s: google how to change the mirror first, because its look harder to change it via terminal.. and u may find more software by seeing the repo to know its name..

• Like Like x 1