Issue Issue With 'ZyXEL G-202' 'ZyDAS ZD1211b' in Xiaopan 0.4.2.3 Filled by: Perrine Soutou

Discussion in 'Xiaopan Support' started by Perrine Soutou, 15 Jul 2012.

1. Perrine Soutou

Perrine Soutou New Member

What is the Issue?:
    aireplay-ng cannot inject.
    Code:
    Select All
    [airmon-ng check kill] airmon-ng start wlan0 11 aireplay-ng -9 -e MONAP mon0
    Broadcast probe fails. Directed probe 0/30 100% loss. Also no power is reported to any program. Wi-Fi app cannot see AP in next room. The hardware config works for aireplay-ng injection test (30/30) and Wi-Fi on BT5R2. Power levels are not reported in BT5R2. Device is VenID:0x0586 ProdID: 0x3410 DevID:0x4810 Used driver is zd1211rw Firmware in /usr/local/lib/zd1211/ has same SHA1 hashes as debian package zd1211-firmware_2.21.0.0-1_all.deb​
    Ultimately, What are you trying to achieve?:
    Hack WEP with Minidwep and / or FeedingBottle
    What is your wireless device model?:
    'ZyXEL G-202' 'ZyDAS ZD1211b'
    USB or Internal Device?:
    USB
    How are you using it?:
    I am using Xiaopan as a LiveCD
    Operating System:
    Windows
    If you used a Live CD or USB How did you create it?:
    ImgBurn of ISO in Windows
    What version:
    Xiaopan 0.4.2.3

2. Mr. Penguin

Mr. Penguin Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Moderator VIP

I think for injection to work the driver will need to be patched: http://www.aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id=zd1211rw

When you say no power, what happens when you place your device in monitor mode and enter iwconfig in Terminal?

3. Perrine Soutou

Perrine Soutou New Member

Yes, the zd1211rw needs patches for injection. I thought Xiaopan had them as pen testing distro - BT5 does. It uses the stock linux driver ? no good for security tests !!

Power - iwconfig gives only infos on Tx. It say 0dBm for wlan0 and mon0 - is this helpful ?? Don't think so.

I think Linux wireless people keep breaking power code because they do not cope with 3 different ways of drivers reporting power. They try 'one size fits all' and nothing much works reliably as result. I think only some 2.6 kernels get zd1211rw right from what I read. Once it was in kernel, the zd1211 devs seem to give it up as working. It isn't, but no-one cares - it is very old device - nearly 2006 LOL.

• About Us

We are a community mixed with professionals and beginners with an interest in wireless security, auditing and pentesting. Feel free to check out and upload resources.

You can also find us on: Twitter and Facebook

• Donate to Us

Did you find our forums useful? Feel free to donate Bitcoin to us using the form below. Those who donate the equivlent of $10 USD or more will be upgraded to VIP membership. Don't have Bitcoin? Use your credit card to GO VIP here. Don't want to fork out some coin? There are other ways to GO VIP. Bitcoin: 1LMTGSoTyJWXuy2mQkHfgMzD7ez74x1Z8K