Question Like to add some tiny core linux packages

Discussion in 'Xiaopan Support' started by kl522, 29 Aug 2014.

1. kl522

kl522 Active Member

I am using Xiao Pan 0.4.7.2, I would like to add some TCL packages into it and save it. Specially I would like to add the C compiler into it. I would like to recompile crda and wireless regdb.

The original TCL distro has a GUI to adding packages. So maybe for Xiao Pan I have to do it from command line. Any comments ?

2. kl522

kl522 Active Member

I fixed this issue.

The command line way to do it is via terminal, type 'appbrowser'.

If there is a harddisk, it has to be formatted with file system and then whatever packages installed can be made persistent for re-use after reboot. I use a virtual machine and allocated a harddisk to it. Again the file system can be format via command line too via 'fdisk', 'mkfs.ext4'.

I installed 'compiletc' and it's able to compile my hello world after that. I am go to test if it can compile 'wireless-regdb' and 'crda'.
    --- Double Post Merged, 29 Aug 2014 ---
    The two packages won't compile. The needed libraries are not complete. For wireless-regdb, it's complaining 'M2crypto' is missing. For crda, it's complaining 'libnl' is missing or something.

I actually have them compiled on the my host OS. How could I pack them up as tcz and use it in tiny core linux ?

#2 kl522, 29 Aug 2014
    Last edited: 29 Aug 2014
  3. meknb

meknb Mod
    Moderator Dev Team VIP

Code:
    Select All
    tce-ab
    This is the command line appbrowser will just launch the gui for tce-ab.
    To compile you need
    Code:
    Select All
    compiletc
    To pack them you need
    Code:
    Select All
    mksquashfs
    On your host you will probably have to change the install path as tc use's /usr/local or just build on xiaopan.

• Like Like x 1
  4. kl522

kl522 Active Member

I am still unable to compile it on xiaopan because of missing python_m2crypto library.

Anyway I copied the one I compiled on the host and override the one already exists and I did a regdbdump it seems to verify signature correctly and I could see the modified db.txt records.

Now I need to check how to make it persistent.

5. meknb

meknb Mod
    Moderator Dev Team VIP

Try tc-install from appbrowser to make persistence.
    You need to build python_m2crypto your self.

6. kl522

kl522 Active Member

I created a custom package ( .tcz ) and make it persistent already and I can see that it's loaded.

'regdbdump regulatory.bin' revealed that the db.txt is modified accordingly but when I do 'iw reg get' it still shows the original unmodified value.

I even went additional step of removing the original cdra and wireless-regdb from the original iso ( ie I re-created a new iso image ). But it's not taking the modified regulatory.bin.
    --- Double Post Merged, 31 Aug 2014 ---
    Ok found out additional information. It's a "timing" issue. Must be the package got loaded too late. Because after I kill the 'udevd' and restarted it, the command 'iw reg get' shows that the new values are used. Now I need to find out how to load the package as early as possible.

#6 kl522, 31 Aug 2014
    Last edited: 31 Aug 2014
  7. meknb

meknb Mod
    Moderator Dev Team VIP

Udev is loaded very early you could add a script to your tcz to reload udev or use bootlocal.sh I'll post more info when I get near a my PC.

8. kl522

kl522 Active Member

I put the files into core.gz. Might not be the proper way to do it but it works.