Fixed Live USB Does Not Load Xiaopan (Undefined Video Modes)

Discussion in 'Xiaopan Support' started by De ACe, 24 Jun 2012.

1. De ACe

De ACe Active Member

• Members please try not to double post, use the edit button if that option is available to you.
    can somebody help me to fix my problem? i have create live usb Xiaopan 0.4.2.3 | English Version using using unetbootin-windows-309.exe and lili usb creator. but it seems the xiaopan doesnt load and it shows undefined video modes : 318. what it means? did something wrong with the config or anything. pls help im newbie to linux and i just do with tutorial only not expert. pls teach me how to fix.

im using AR9285 wireless adapter

Attached Files:

• xiaopan1.jpg
      xiaopan1.jpg
      File size:
      273.8 KB
      Views:
      MD5:
      42bd67f2f7cfa7ec3b4d1658ede708ee
    • xiaopan2.jpg
      xiaopan2.jpg
      File size:
      251.3 KB
      Views:
      MD5:
      88caa8d54e5339b30087956279d6e8d2
    • xiaopan3.jpg
      xiaopan3.jpg
      File size:
      227.3 KB
      Views:
      MD5:
      58f8ffe82fe295fd1258f1979f590301
  2. Mr. Penguin

Mr. Penguin Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Moderator VIP

In TCL video modes are selected by a number. 318 is definitely not one of them.

You need to edit your boot options with UltraISO and the startup config file. Use the following tutorial as a guide.

Let us know how it goes.

• Like Like x 1
  3. De ACe

De ACe Active Member

thank you for responding :D im not really familliar with linux/command or what so ever but i will try just teach me. hehee. yeah i know its selected by number andi have change it with another number modes as the listing but still same problem like the picture i show. i also change the wait usb from 3 to 6 in unetbootin. maybe i should try another version perhaps. is there anybody else experience same problem with me here?

4. Mr. Penguin

I will upload you the correct file. Unzip and use UltraISO to replace the file attached. Also open the file with notepad or something similar to find out what commands are listed. This is untested, but it is possible that you can use this for other Xiaopan versions. The added benefit of this cfg file is that it has English set as the default language.

Attached Files:

• isolinux.cfg.zip
      File size:
      504 bytes
      Views:
      MD5:
      b66f8a5ebfa6e186e0e21c48f6f8a994
    • Like Like x 1
  5. De ACe

De ACe Active Member

u will upload in here? okay it is really nice. im appreciate it so much bro. i will try to fix it. we'll see if it fixed. thanks MR penguin :D

6. Mr. Penguin

It has already been uploaded, see the attached file.

7. De ACe

De ACe Active Member

Code:
    Select All
    #display boot.msg default /boot/isolinux/vesamenu.c32 MENU BACKGROUND /boot/isolinux/xiaopan.png timeout 100 label xiaopanOS 0.4.x kernel /boot/vmlinuz append initrd=/boot/core.gz quiet core cde tz=GMT-8 showapps vga=792 waitusb=3 mydata=xiaopan lang=en.utf8 restore=sr0/cde TEXT HELP The default start (ISO/CDROM) !!! ENDTEXT label xiaopanOS 0.4.x USB (sdb1) kernel /boot/vmlinuz append initrd=/boot/core.gz quiet core cde tz=GMT-8 showapps vga=788 waitusb=3 mydata=xiaopan lang=en.utf8 restore=sdb1/cde TEXT HELP This is the start of U disk (sdb1) !!! ENDTEXT label xiaopanOS 0.4.x USB (sdb4) kernel /boot/vmlinuz append initrd=/boot/core.gz quiet core cde tz=GMT-8 showapps vga=788 waitusb=3 mydata=xiaopan lang=en.utf8 restore=sdb4/cde TEXT HELP This is the start of U disk (sdb4) !!! ENDTEXT prompt 0 F1 boot.msg F2 f2 F3 f3 F4 f4
    ***i think it is still the same command with the file u given just now. hmmmm :( here i attached the file i have

Attached Files:

• isolinux.cfg.zip
      File size:
      504 bytes
      Views:
      MD5:
      b66f8a5ebfa6e186e0e21c48f6f8a994
  8. Mr. Penguin

This is a strange error, something I have not come across. Replace the file and see how you go, there might be a double space in there or something of that nature.

Have you tried to download a fresh ISO and install it again? I think it might have something to do with the xorg.conf file. If that does not work for you, you may try virtualisation.

9. De ACe

De ACe Active Member

1366x768 is my screen resolution. somehow in the list video modes theres no number indicated for the resolution. i did change my screen resolution but still not fixed. does it mean the problem start there?

i think u right. maybe the config wrong. i will try another version or the fresh iso file. i will come back and give the result. anyway thanks alot mr penguin :D

10. De ACe

De ACe Active Member

hello Mr penguin. u there? i think it didnt work out. i tried to install all the xiaopan version but all crash. lucky me when i try version 0.3.8 it work out. all function stable i done crack 1 easy wpa using reaver. i found that config file in version 0.3.8 doesnt have the vga option like others version all config file have the vga option. so i guess my problem cant load the xioapan because of the vga option. did version 0.3.8 have any disadvantanges from other version?

11. De ACe

De ACe Active Member

heres the config file. can i use it in the latest version xiaopan?

Attached Files:

12. Fantasma

Fantasma Well-Known Member

Well, if newest versions than 0.3.8 don't work at all in your machine, i guess you can upgrade your 0.3.8 iso with minidwep-gtk 30419 reaver edition

• Like Like x 1
  13. De ACe

De ACe Active Member

hehee thanks. but now everthing okay run smooth. just wanted to know if i can replace the xiaopan 0.3.8 config file into the latest xiaopan version. it will work or mess the software.

14. Fantasma

Fantasma Well-Known Member

I don't have tried it, but i think it won't work, because 0.3.8 is based on earlier tiny core version, but you can try anyway

15. De ACe

De ACe Active Member

thank you :dance

16. x13x

x13x Member

i think i solve the problem. for example, if u want to have display 1024x768x32, convert 323 (refer to image below) from hex to decimal. which it will be 803.

[​IMG]

in the vga option, replace 792 with 803 (http://xiaopan.co/run-from-usb/)

it should be working now

17. De ACe

De ACe Active Member

thank you for the solution. :D

18. Mr. Penguin

• About Us

We are a community mixed with professionals and beginners with an interest in wireless security, auditing and pentesting. Feel free to check out and upload resources.

You can also find us on: Twitter and Facebook

• Donate to Us

Did you find our forums useful? Feel free to donate Bitcoin to us using the form below. Those who donate the equivlent of $10 USD or more will be upgraded to VIP membership. Don't have Bitcoin? Use your credit card to GO VIP here. Don't want to fork out some coin? There are other ways to GO VIP. Bitcoin: 1LMTGSoTyJWXuy2mQkHfgMzD7ez74x1Z8K