Fixed Reaver Repeats Every Pin Twice

Discussion in 'Xiaopan Support' started by granta1969, 11 Apr 2013.

1. granta1969

granta1969 Member

I'm using an Alfa AWUS036H and the latest Xiaopan download. I start up Inflator, scan for valid routers with WPS and select the strongest router (my own as it's 15 feet away). Select my router from the list and proceed to the next page. I can see that inflator recognizes Reaver 1.4 installed. Without adding any settings of my own, I begin the process. I've been running this now for 24 hours and it's just past the 50% mark. I didn't even realize it but I see that every pin being entered twice. In the course of the last 24 hours, I have only seen a couple of timeouts so my router and the ALFA are getting along pretty well without fuss. I searched out this problem on the net and could only find one solution which can be seen at the following Google Reaver source page below. This goes into great detail about an

http://code.google.com/p/reaver-wps/issues/detail?id=80

As you can see, the problem is resolved at the very bottom. Reaver update R68 appears to fix the issue. That was a good while ago in 2012 and it eppears that there are lots of new updates since then.

"Good, sounds like the removal of M2D message support (not needed for the attack) fixed it. :)"

I'm fairly new to Linux and Xiaopan so I'm not sure how to tell which update Xiaopan uses or how to go about manually updating. Kinda looks like it's C code and would require compiling. Well beyond my skills but I'm hanging in there and working hard to understand everything I can. There is only so much my brain can process though in a single day though.

Does anyone else have this issue? As of now, it looks like after 24 solid hours I've reached what most people reach in 12 hours. I have it running on a little lap top so I can leave it running another good while to see if it completes.. By everyone elses standard it should complete sometime under the next 24 hours.

any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated.

Spiff

2. meknb

meknb Mod
    Moderator Dev Team VIP

Try playing round with the commands every router works different,i think the -d , post your command line also helps and some of your output (pins per second).
    I find slowing down the pins helps a lot , most times it tries the pin twice because it hasn't had a answer from the router or the routers rejected it use wireshark to find out which.

3. granta1969

granta1969 Member

thanks for the help.. I finally cracked the pin. It took 37 hours. I think my router is on it's last legs though. I woke up early this morning at 5:55 a.m. and decided to take a quick look at the monitor to see how things were progressing or degressing (depending on how you want to look at it). It was heading towards 9,000,000. I was thinking that something must be wrong. I go and make a cup of coffee and I come back after 5 minutes to take another look. I was considering canceling because I had to leave for uni and I had to take my laptop with me.. but it had finished at exactly 6 a.m. The final pin number was around 85,600,000. Is that unusual to go for a full 36 hours or is that just the average time it takes to reach that high of a number at an average of one attempt every 5 seconds? The onscreen report gave me 16 seconds for roughly 3 attempts which is probably on average as the default is set to 5 seconds. I wonder why most people say that it's around 4 to 12 hours? Are the pins on average below 50000000 and pin attemps greater than one every 5 seconds? 12 hours only took me up into the mid 20000000.

Also, even if I did change the -d time (which I've thought about) that would only slow down nagging the old D-Link router to something close to what it can keep up with and it would have still taken the same amount of time to crack. Though it is handy info to know becuase an old router might just give up the ghost if you send it too many requests over a long period of time.

thanks for taking the time to respond. Cheers!

Spiff

• About Us

We are a community mixed with professionals and beginners with an interest in wireless security, auditing and pentesting. Feel free to check out and upload resources.

You can also find us on: Twitter and Facebook

• Donate to Us

Did you find our forums useful? Feel free to donate Bitcoin to us using the form below. Those who donate the equivlent of $10 USD or more will be upgraded to VIP membership. Don't have Bitcoin? Use your credit card to GO VIP here. Don't want to fork out some coin? There are other ways to GO VIP. Bitcoin: 1LMTGSoTyJWXuy2mQkHfgMzD7ez74x1Z8K