RTL8191SU vs Alfa AWUS036NHA

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking Cards' started by nicoj10, 30 Oct 2012.

1. nicoj10

nicoj10 Member

Hi,
    i want to buy a new wifi stick which should have much power and range. I want to use it mostly under Windows 7/8 and sometimes linux with backtrack os or xiaopan os. I'm living in Germany so it should have the function to unlock the maximum power of it, if possible in windows. I have found mainly three different chip types/sticks.

AWUS036NHA
    Auslinx RTL8191SU (http://www.yatow.de/WLAN-Adapter-US...-USB-Adapter-RTL8191SU-mit-LNA-300Mbit-s.html9
    3070L

Now i don't know which one i should take. I've heard that the Auslinx products are way better than the Alfa but i'm not entirely sure about that.
    Greets from Germany Nico

2. shideneyu

shideneyu Member

3. Fantasma

Fantasma Well-Known Member

Yep, the RTL8188/8191/8192 SU version is so dificult to put it on monitor mode, even injection is not guaranteed... The working versions of that chipsets is the RU.
    so i think you must go for the AWUS036NHA :)

4. nicoj10

nicoj10 Member

And the 3070 is this one better and is there a version to unlock the full power with the driver software in windows?

5. Fantasma

Fantasma Well-Known Member

The RT3070 is a Ralink chipset, i have a TP Link card with that chipset working on windows 7, it has a very good sensibility with the latest Ralink drivers, better than the TP Link drivers, and work great with Xiaopan

6. nicoj10

nicoj10 Member

• Like Like x 1
  7. Roatandave

Roatandave Well-Known Member

I have linux mint 13 'maya' and the alfa awus03nha has been working fine out of the box using the ath9k driver. Also the same with windows 7 starter on acer aspire one 270

• Like Like x 1
  8. hosrzone

hosrzone Well-Known Member

hi
    i have GSKY GS-27 (20 dollar) chipset realtek RTL8781 5dbi antena work perfect
    and also i have edup ep-6506 (35 dollar) with the same chipset realtek RTL8781 work better long range 20 dbi antena
    tested with xiaopan beini wifiway wifislax im totally stisfide
    excuse me for bad english

• Like Like x 1
  9. maheshnaidu999

maheshnaidu999 Active Member

I had recently brought this Alfa AWUS036NH and it's working amazingly with out any problem with windows 8 , win 7 and Linux BT5R3.

• Like Like x 1
  • About Us

We are a community mixed with professionals and beginners with an interest in wireless security, auditing and pentesting. Feel free to check out and upload resources.

You can also find us on: Twitter and Facebook

• Donate to Us

Did you find our forums useful? Feel free to donate Bitcoin to us using the form below. Those who donate the equivlent of $10 USD or more will be upgraded to VIP membership. Don't have Bitcoin? Use your credit card to GO VIP here. Don't want to fork out some coin? There are other ways to GO VIP. Bitcoin: 1LMTGSoTyJWXuy2mQkHfgMzD7ez74x1Z8K