Fixed Xiaopan Can Not Detect My WPA2-PSK Wi-Fi

Discussion in 'Xiaopan Support' started by dooogle, 3 Feb 2014.

1. dooogle

dooogle Well-Known Member

My nephew has just helped me in upgrading my CISCO Model WAG120N Router from WPA-PSK to WPA2-PSK. I am using Alfa AWUS036H, NH, NHA and NHR USB Wi-Fi adapters with my desktop and laptop computers and I have no problem detecting and connecting to this Router for internet surfing. Also my Samsung Galaxy phones have no problem in connection to the this Wi-Fi.

However when I started Xiaopan 0.4.7.2 booting from Live USB in my computer and SCAN for APs I cannot detect my own Wi-Fi. Other Wi-Fi networks such as my neighbor’s WPA and WEP do show up on the list. I am not sure this issue of not being able to pick up WPA2-PSK Wi-Fi networks in Minidwep is due to the spoofing problem.

I hope I have adequately presented my problem here and I like to hear more of this issue from others and possibly with a solution or workaround.
    --- Double Post Merged, 4 Feb 2014 ---
    Correction and Update
    I have done more testings using minidwep-gtk-40420 and AWUS036H. This time I have no problem. SCAN can detect all APs.
    If I change my USB wi-fi adaptor to AWUS036NHR not a single AP is detected.
    I am getting little bit more confused with the problem. Maybe my router is not at fault. Rather the cause of the problem lies in the USB wi-fi adaptor or Xiaopan?
    --- Double Post Merged, 8 Feb 2014 ---
    Here is a brief summary of my findings using a Dell XPS Ultra Book running on Windows 8.1.
    myLo is my router netwok name.

Attached Files:

#1 dooogle, 3 Feb 2014
    Last edited: 8 Feb 2014
  2. Mr. Penguin

Mr. Penguin Administrator
    Staff Member VIP Admin

Really appreciate the effort you put into this. Thank you very much :) Stickying for awhile.

3. muratkayax

muratkayax Active Member

Hi all . Sorry for flood but i was not sure where to write my request so added here.
    Would s.o please explain how to change default reaver of a bootable Xiaopan USB flash disk as i need to try reaver 1.3 instead of reaver 1.4 ?
    Fenks & Regards

4. rajen

rajen Active Member

Mr penguin can help me? im install reaver pro iso and xiaopan by kickass torrent is successful download. but im using window 7/using sk999wn card/vmware 9 but it show login the tactical logo appear but din show any bssid to attack how to fix it?

5. peterprisk

peterprisk Member