Issue Xiaopan Os + MacBook Pro Track Pad NOT WORKING!

Discussion in 'Xiaopan Support' started by CMaderaTM, 15 Aug 2013.

1. CMaderaTM

CMaderaTM Active Member

When I boot the live CD of Xiaopan Os with my Mac, I have noticed that the mouse(Track pad) dose not work, pointer won't move! The funny thing is when I boot my windows machine with the same CD, everything works just fine. What could be the problem?

2. meknb

meknb Mod
    Moderator Dev Team VIP

Have a look in your dmesg i dont think the driver's are there ?? bluetooth should work if you got a magic mouse.
    You need to use Xorg rather than Xvesa and Xf86-input-evdev should work.

3. CMaderaTM

CMaderaTM Active Member

I just downloaded the file from the downloads page, not sure what you mean by: Xorg rather than Xvesa...

4. meknb

meknb Mod
    Moderator Dev Team VIP

Xvesa is just basic graphics and input and output which is ok for windows or if you use a usb or bluetooth mouse,with xorg it gives you 32bit graphics and more input output drivers the ones for a mac.You may have to remaster cd to include drivers and dependecies look in the .dep or just use appbrowser i'd recommend using a usb pen because it needs a bit of tinkering to boot on a mac.​
    It works fine with vm using openbox ect as the mouse is emulated.​
    Also i noticed 2011 mac may need different drivers to 2009 one.​

• About Us

We are a community mixed with professionals and beginners with an interest in wireless security, auditing and pentesting. Feel free to check out and upload resources.

You can also find us on: Twitter and Facebook

• Donate to Us

Did you find our forums useful? Feel free to donate Bitcoin to us using the form below. Those who donate the equivlent of $10 USD or more will be upgraded to VIP membership. Don't have Bitcoin? Use your credit card to GO VIP here. Don't want to fork out some coin? There are other ways to GO VIP. Bitcoin: 1LMTGSoTyJWXuy2mQkHfgMzD7ez74x1Z8K