Reaver Pro | Free Download Available

Discussion in 'Linux Based Operating Systems & Virtual Machines' started by Mr. Penguin, 5 Jun 2012.

1. creezalird

creezalird great disturbance

are you on the default user reaver or the technet user? as if i am not mistaken sudo access can only be given under technet user

2. Mr. Penguin

Mr. Penguin Administrator
    Staff Member VIP Admin

This has been mentioned before in this thread numerous times and I am pretty sure I told you directly. User 'tech' only has sudo privileges.

3. Pascal

Pascal Wifi Sniffer
    Staff Member Moderator VIP

Hello to everyone :me

After several days of continuous testing, I finally found some routers with WPS protection. (not easy in France).

There are two Internet access providers who provide routers with WPS default.

- SFR with its neufbox NB6 (cf: http://adsl.sfr.fr/neufbox-evolution/television/)
    - Orange Livebox with her (see: http://assistance.orange.fr/livebox-tous-les-modeles-524.php)

Despite intensive use of reaver PRO, I have not succeeded in finding the WPS PIN of these two models.

I often test the PIN starting with 01234567 but these values ​​are changing and never remains fixed on the PIN. Reaver then loses the connection or is in failure.

It would be nice that we share our experiences to find solutions together if you have any tips.

To respond to Mr. Pinguin, we can not change the txpower in this distribution except via the super-user privileges and changing the connection Proxxy Firefox by passing through a country not restricted by the limitation of power.

(Must try but I managed to backtrack in my AWUS036NHR while for my AWUS036H, I did live in the terminal with the usual command line)

4. Rili Toma

Rili Toma Active Member

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the links, I'm downloading the files and will try it on my laptop later. :)
    --- Double Post Merged, 9 Jul 2012 ---
    Alright guys I'm facing some technical problem here.

I wasn't using any virtual machine software.

I tried to burn into CD but the .iso file is too large for a 700MB CD-R. Then I tried to boot from USB, by using "unetbootin", but it shows error message "unable to find a medium containing a live file system." when I boot, then I tried another software "YUMI", still couldn't boot from USB.

Have anyone here tried to boot from USB? And I saw Mr.Penguin said he will be able to shave off 500mb from the iso? It will be the best if I can boot from CD :joy

5. emobog

emobog Active Member

My card has RT3070 chipset and the program does not recognize it

6. Chaos

Chaos Well-Known Member

Pascal, regarding those 2 models that have wps enabled:
    In reaver, are you getting only M1 and M2 messages ? Does it ever go further ?
    If not - then I'm afraid that they have push-button enabled by default and can't be cracked using reaver.
    Or maybe they are similar to my router: The wps pin changes automatically after one unsuccessful try, it even says so in web interface:
    Note: For reasons of security a new PIN is generated for every registration.

Rili Toma: What about burning it straight to DVD (4.4 GB size) instead of a simple 700 mb CD ?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mr. Penguin

Staff Member VIP Admin

It is not the program, you need to install the drivers for your card. Dig deep in this thread.

8. Crackerz Wave

Crackerz Wave The Dictator

same with my problem,.,.,.hahahhaa, why dont u try reaver pro install compact wireless 3.5 (talking like a pro:cool:)

9. Fantasma

Fantasma Well-Known Member

I ran Reaver Pro as LIVE USB, as I detailed it before. I used Ultraiso to burn it in a memory card and it run fine, then i used Unebootin 575 and i set 500mb for persistence, it works very well again. i suggest you format your USB as fat32 (not quick format) and then use Unebootin 575

10. Rili Toma

Rili Toma Active Member

Thank you, I used Unebootin 575 as your advice and now I'm able to boot into ReaverPro using USB. Thanks. :)

However, I met another problem. It can't find any nearby router after I pressed the "play" button. It's just stuck there and no router shows up in the list.
    Is it because that my wifi card is not supported by ReaverPro? My wifi card is a laptop internal wifi card and is supported in the Beini and XiaoPanOS.

11. Fantasma

It has been solved too.

See This post: Reaver Pro | Free Download Available

On page 2 of this thread, please refer that page, seems your internal card is the same as mine, it should work for you too.

12. Mr. Penguin

Staff Member VIP Admin

Here is where you can get the latest UNetbootin and support: http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/ good for Windows, Linux and Mac :)

13. r00tb33r

r00tb33r Active Member

great work guys.
    working fine with my hardware :D

14. Mr. Penguin

Staff Member VIP Admin

Awesome news, can you elaborate a little on what you have? :yes

15. r00tb33r

r00tb33r Active Member

i would but when trying to add info to my sig im informed of an bbcode error even tho iam not using bbcode.

16. Mr. Penguin

Staff Member VIP Admin

I think I have fixed your issue :)

17. Rili Toma

Rili Toma Active Member

Thank you, now it's working. Geek

Perhaps this tutorial http://dishingtech.blogspot.com/2012/05/how-to-create-bootable-usb-for-xiaopan.html should be updated, using the newest unetbootin application and provide newest downloa link. :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Mr. Penguin

Staff Member VIP Admin

Not really sure about that. The new version seems to be missing some features from memory :(. I am sure you can use the latest no problem, but that is a tutorial for that older version only. I will try when Xiaopan 0.4.3 is out. It's gonna be awesome

19. Fantasma

20. CyberSpy

CyberSpy Active Member

Hello Everyone,
    I'm brand new here (obviously as you can see on the left). I was wondering if anyone knows if Reaver Pro will work with an Alfa AWUS036NHR. Either way, I will give it a shot later and post my results (and maybe get some help fixing any issues if it doesn't work) but thought I would ask first as well.