Info Xiaopan 0.4.2.3 | English Version (Latest) MD5 Checksum

Discussion in 'Xiaopan Support' started by bp1, 10 Jul 2012.

1. bp1

bp1 Member

Just recently found these forums and must say what a great place.
    I tried the latest English version of Xiaopan 0.4.2.3 on a usb pendrive and didnt encounter any problems with my RTL8187L WLAN device.

I take note on the download page about downloading the software from reliable sources. Nice to see the MD5 checksums for the individual contents of the iso. Would it be possible to consider also to provide the the MD5 checksum of the XiaoPan 0.4.2.3 (English).iso downloaded file in addition to the individual contents of the iso.

Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mr. Penguin

Mr. Penguin Administrator
    Staff Member VIP Admin

We can do that. From now on we will be providing MD5s for all our releases. We also will be having a 0.4.3b for you to test. My sources tell me that it is working quite well. It has a firefox broswer and that is all I can remember :D. Give me a day and I will post the MD5s in the 0.4.2.3 thread.

3. bp1

bp1 Member

Thanks for that reply.

For those downloading and using windows can i recommend a hash check util which i currently use. Its very light. very simple and supports multiple languages. Its called the "HashCheck Extension" and can be found here http://code.kliu.org/hashcheck/

I think that was sound advice within the download page about downloading software from reliable sources and then checking that the software hasn't been tampred with by checking the hash.

4. Mr. Penguin

Mr. Penguin Administrator
    Staff Member VIP Admin

I will add that information and link in each download thread. Thanks :)

5. sebastian111

sebastian111 Member

ok donde lo puedo bajar?