Xiaopan OS with many packages based on Slitaz

1. Fantasma

Fantasma Well-Known Member

Try to run it as Live USB

2. Aby$m

Aby$m Well-Known Member
    Dev Team VIP

@ ecrudragon

Did the give the Virtual Machine(VM) >=512 RAM?

3. vampiricbunny1800

vampiricbunny1800 Well-Known Member
    Dev Team VIP

use something other than slitaz try tiny core xiaopan sometimes if it hangs or you get a black scream the fact is you video card does not like that os (trust me on this i have been doing yumi for a while) give somethinng else a try if you can run normal xiaopan and still not abysm-os get my tool from the dowloads it has all that software and more and runs off a usb drive (way more easy than vmware and 2x as fast )

4. ecrudragon

ecrudragon Legendary ^_^
    VIP

Yes i do but still the same
    --- Double Post Merged, 14 May 2013 ---
    Its more than 3 Gees i don't want to download that big file as i already have Backtrack 5 + Kali Linux + Xiaopan OS + Aby$m OS + Ubuntu 13.04

5. Aby$m

Aby$m Well-Known Member
    Dev Team VIP

ecrudragon

Did you check to make sure that your Motherboard has Virtualization support enabled?, by default many Motherboards have Virtualization Technology (VT) disabled, you can check in your BIOS.

6. ecrudragon

ecrudragon Legendary ^_^
    VIP

Respected Mr. Aby$m

I am using many linux (Ubuntu, Backtrack, Kali Linux, Xiaopan OS) via virtualbox and VMware Player if there would be any problem in my system's BIOS then i won't be able to run any of them, i think i might need to run Aby$m OS with x64 support, what's your idea on it?

7. Aby$m

Aby$m Well-Known Member
    Dev Team VIP

If possible can you take a screen shot of the issue?

8. vampiricbunny1800

vampiricbunny1800 Well-Known Member
    Dev Team VIP

aby$m-os works on the same tiny core as xiaopan (32 bit i think) i have no issue on vmware want know my set up?

9. ecrudragon

ecrudragon Legendary ^_^
    VIP

Mr. Aby$m WoOW !!!
    Damn it need 1 gee of RAM :eek: "But its working very well now"
    Aby$m you done a great job man, awesome environment beautiful icons, great tools for the innocent people like me :p
    Would you mind sharing your unveil with me :hilarious:
    --- Double Post Merged, 15 May 2013 ---
    Mr. Aby$m

Please check this i can't create any rainbow table or any 10 digits phone directory :(

[​IMG]

10. Aby$m

Aby$m Well-Known Member
    Dev Team VIP

"Unveil" is a Bash script which helps the user select other Bash, Shell scripts of interest, you can view the code of "Unveil" with a text editor such as "nano" or "leafpad"
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    The issue here is that the script is saving user data to the Desktop which is loaded in RAM.

If you install "Xiaopan OS | SliTaz V2" to the Hard Drive(HD) of the VM this could solve the issue, as the user data will not be saved to RAM but to the HD.
    You can install the Distribution to the HD via the SliTaz in-build installation function.

~Aby$m.

#150 Aby$m, 15 May 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: 10 Jan 2014
  11. ecrudragon

ecrudragon Legendary ^_^
    VIP

Respected Aby$m you're the man of honor,
    Today i made my 32 Gees USB final as follows "Xiaopan OS, Respected Aby$m OS, Ubuntu, Backtrack R5, Kali Linux"
    |Just waiting for modified Ubuntu by Mr. P| even i copy the script, edit, modify or NOTHING still Aby$m OS is my favorite i just love the graphics and scripts. its smooth even on VM or VB i like it :happy:

I tried but i have no idea how to install it on VM's HD because it has only option which is LIVE USB "Could you please pinch me little?" :dummy:
    Thanks a lot

12. Aby$m

Aby$m Well-Known Member
    Dev Team VIP

Here are the are the steps to install SliTaz, to HD in a VM:

Step 1: create a VM call it SliTaz
    Step 1a: attach the SliTaz ISO image to the VM “CD/DVD Drive”
    Step 1b: Start the SliTaz VM

Step 2: Install Slitaz onto the VM Hard drive
    Step 2a: click Application > System Tools > SliTaz Panel
    Step 2b: Enter Username: “root” and password: “root” both without quotes > hover mouse over “install” > select Install SliTaz
    Step 2c scroll to the bottom of the page and click on “Execute Gparted” > click on “unallocated” > click “Devices” at the top > select “Create partition table” > when the message pops up click “apply” > re-select unallocated > click “New”.

Following are the settings I recommend (all settings are to be left as default unless specified)
    “Free space proceeding (MIB):” leave as default “Create as:” leave as default
    “New size (MIB):” 2048 “File system:” ext3
    “Free space following (MIB):” leave as default “Label:” leave as default
    Align to: leave as default

Click add > click “Apply” > click “Apply” > click “Close” > close the Gparted window > click “Continue Installation”.
    Following are the settings I recommend (all settings are to be left as default unless specified)
    Under the “Hard Disk Drive” heading change “Install SliTaz to partition” from “None” to “/dev/sda1” via the drop down.

Under the “Options” heading (all settings are to be left as default unless specified)
    Set ”Hostname” to as desired.
    Select Install Grub

Step 2d: click “Proceed to SliTaz installation” > click “OK” > click “Installation complete. You can now restart (reboot)”

You now have "Xiaopan OS | SliTaz v2" installed into a VM HD.

~Aby$m.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ecrudragon

ecrudragon Legendary ^_^
    VIP

That we call TUTORIAL Aby$m bro :eek:
    Will try it later tonight and get back to you with positive result :cigar:
    Thanks

• Like Like x 2
  14. abdelghani617

abdelghani617 Active Member

no functiona iso...

15. ecrudragon

ecrudragon Legendary ^_^
    VIP

Sorry for my late reply Aby$m bro :happy:
    I was out of station for some nutty office work i came back last night i tried as you mention above its working like charm
    Gracias My Man :dummy:

16. ImJoJo

ImJoJo The One & Only
    VIP

Please show some respect to others work...Crap, yet you plan on using it?...o_O

17. sittu

sittu Active Member

cannot crack Cisco router wpa2 wifi
    --- Double Post Merged, 25 Jun 2013 ---
    cannot crack Cisco router wpa2 wifi

18. elotero

elotero Active Member

Hi-!ow, thanks very much. for first, and first time here.
    im tryin slitaz even being nobi on linux, i know its nos easy to begin cooking this high. :) but i start while ago on beini and after meet xiao-pan i use it, an being more or less new, im costumed to use tiny core. Now i have few questions, if anyboddy have time...
    Now aby$m its my obious next step, id being using it, just to put the things in the places i like to, and trying apps that didnt know, you know... i even trye to change openbox for metacity to run enlightment with ecomorph, know to make it fell diferent in a desktop. i almost get something stable, but just to discover that enlightment dont leave me to backup the desktop. So today i think i quit with this idea. So now im interested very much on slitaz, i was also trying it, but i have many problems to configure my wifi antena realtek rtlrtl8187, and get stability. i dont know where i should to configure it, if its in slitaz panel or network management of sistem bar, or from wifi icon also in the bar, can somebody help with?

the second thing is; it is posible to compile the apps browser from xiaopan to run apps in a debian distros? How can i get this app out?? The app-browser has a name on .tcz or any other linux extention??

thaks a lot and keep doing your great job!! I hope to stay here for a while, thanks to the people who share ideas to develope in the forum and download section.

19. Aby$m

Aby$m Well-Known Member
    Dev Team VIP

@elotero

If you would like to know more about SliTaz or converting .tcz to .deb or visa verse, send me a PM with a specific question with as much details as possible and I'll do my best to answer.

~Aby$m.

20. elotero

elotero Active Member

Well thanks you very much, i was out for two days i was inside xiaopan-slitaz having few more things to understand.
    Where in slitaz is the equivalent of "tcloop" folder in tinycore if there's any?
    i have also problems on make xiaopan-slitaz local system. im doing something wrong with tazlito. always set an error like cant find the iso file. Id try to make a new one, i did it, but when install to local system, all the repos i´ve download wasnt there.
    thanks again