Outdated Xiaopan 0.4.3 | Download

Discussion in 'Xiaopan OS' started by hazz death, 15 Jul 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hazz death

hazz death Well-Known Member
    Dev Team VIP

:psy This version is outdated. Latest is 0.4.6 :psy​
    [​IMG]
    Xiaopan 0.4.3 Beta | 120mb
    Codename: 'Little Monster'
    What's New
    This version is a major step up from the previous version. A completely new graphical user interface that aims to please both users who use it live and through virtualisation.

As always this is cross platform Windows / Mac / Linux and works well via Live CD or USB.

Xiaopan OS 0.4.3 Fresh New Desktop
    Xiaopan 0.4.3.png
    Rationale
    With this version our main aim was not just to create an OS packed with wireless penetration tools. A major issue with previous versions is that they had nothing else to add value to the user experience. So we have included other packages for those who will use this live so they can multitask:

Pidgin: which will allow you to connect to all of your instant messaging friends on:

AIM | Bonjour | Gadu-Gadu | Google Talk | Groupwise | ICQ | IRC | MSN | MXit | MySpace | SILC | SIMPLE | Sametime | XMPP (in. Facebook) | Yahoo! | Zephyr​
    Multi Messenger Client Support
    Pidgin Xiaopan.png

Firefox: Is another great addition, this will allow you to browse the web, whether it is connecting to Facebook, checking Xiaopan OS Forums out, or looking at how to use reaver command line we have you covered.

Internet Browser Support
    Xiaopan Firefox.png
    Xiaopan Forums: Firefox opens to Xiaopan Forums by default, so you can quickly find information and seek support while you are pentesting.

Flash Support: This will allow you to visit Youtube and watch videos, which would be great for looking at tutorials or simply checking out that latest funny video.

Appbrowser: This will allow you to install any app from any Tiny Core Linux (TCL) repo, many users complained about this, and now, here it is. :)

Install Apps You Need
    App Browser.png

Text Editor: Great for when you need to copy and paste text from say firefox to terminal.

Multiple Desktops: As a way of keeping the clutter down you have 4 virtual desktops to choose from. So you could have Minidwep going on the 1st desktop, a game in the 2nd, checking out Xiaopan Forums on the 3rd and copying text into the editor in the 4th.

Games: Yes, we have added some games, so when you are trying to crack with Reaver for 5hrs you have something else you can do except watch those progress lines. :D

Music Player: Listen to your favourite music while you do what you do. Just copy your mp3 music on a USB pendrive and mount it with the mount tool. You will have to add the music by adding it to the ISO which may significantly increase the size of it.

Wallpaper: We have a new cool looking logo for Xiaopan OS, behind the design has some meaning.

Windows Management: Changed the TCL wallpaper with our newly designed and winner of the Xiaopan OS Logo competition.

LXDE Version: We also have an LXDE version on its way which looks even more amazing, hopefully that will be released in a week or so as well.
    LXDE Desktop​
    [​IMG]

VIP Beta Testers List

Please report bugs and suggest improvements in the [VIP] Xiaopan OS 0.4.3 Beta | Download Available thread.

Credits Go To
    :tired hazz death for dedicating hours upon ours of entirely developing this release on his own for you guys.
    :idea Fantasma for providing valuable feedback, troubleshooting and testing.
    :hitler Mr. Penguin for dictating them through the process and writing this review.

Check This Out
    Hazz Death's Blog

Release Date for All Members
    We are hoping to release this to everyone in a week but this is a loose estimation and could vary wildly. Please be patient.

Known Issues
    • Flash only working for youtube and no sound. (Will be asking SneekyLinux for help).
    • Boot is slow or appears to be slow compared to other versions, this is because we are loading more in the Core from startup.

How to Connect to Facebook via Pidgin? Click Here
    How to Make Flash Work? Click Here

MD5 Checksum
    c95959711b7834b7641d8767762cb860
    Check Out the 0.4.3 Video
    Watch this video on YouTube.

Major Bug Issue
    Use at your own risk. One user has reported an issue with sound causing smoke and a broken speaker. To avoid this problem you can delete the ossmixer file from the onboot.lst file. You will need UltraISO to edit the ISO. A safe version is the ALSA one. You can also use the red ones safely if used in Virtualisation. Thank you gancho and Longo for bringing this to our attention.
    [​IMG]
    Password to download: xiaopanrocks​
    Before Downloading Read the "Major Bug Issue" Above in RED :?​
    Green = SAFE
    RED is SAFE if used in Virtualisation
    Download Xiaopan 0.4.3 ISO
    Parallels Xiaopan 0.4.3 Virtual Machine Image
    (thanks russell)​
    Xiaopan 0.4.3 ALSA Version
    (thanks to Crackerz Wave)​
    Note: Please try first, maybe cannot boot​

• Like Like x 36
  2. Pascal

Pascal Wifi Sniffer
    Staff Member Moderator VIP

Good News ;)

Good Luck for Test ;)

• Like Like x 2
  3. korntors

korntors Active Member

Will test it..:)

4. Pascal

Pascal Wifi Sniffer

You have to be a VIP member to access the download ;)

5. Mr. Penguin

Mr. Penguin Administrator
    Staff Member VIP Admin

Beta Testing & Release Information
    This is a beta release so understand that there are some issues that need fixing before we can release this to our members. Please be patient during this time.

This is why we are releasing this early to VIP members as a way of keeping the download contained as well as being able to receive valuable feedback and report bugs. I will also ask you VIPs to not share the download links with others and ignore / report personal requests for the download.

Release Date for All Members
    We are hoping to release this to everyone in a week but this is a loose estimation and could vary wildly. Please be patient.

6. ktgoh

ktgoh Active Member

looking forward to your public realease, do hope the airdrop-=ng is included....;);)
    it will be fun.... and can Mr. Penguin make this XiaoPan run on persistence mode??

tQ

7. potlvr420

potlvr420 Well-Known Member
    VIP

It looks great. Love the new features. Wished it would have 1888 drivers included. I noticed if running miniwep and hit abort then it locks up. Not sure if thats an Xiaopan bug or miniwep bug but other then that seems stable.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Fantasma

Fantasma Well-Known Member

Thanks for feedback, can you add how are you using it? e.g Live USB, Live CD, Virtualisation and maybe your chipset card too
    --- Double Post Merged, 16 Jul 2012 ---
    If there is an airdrop-ng.tce or .tcz it could be add to next release...

9. ktgoh

ktgoh Active Member

If there is an airdrop-ng.tce or .tcz it could be add to next release...[/quote]

i found this airdrop in .py format. i can't verified it if it's the latest. i'll well upload for u guys to test it.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  10. potlvr420

VIP

Using usblive with 8187l Chipset bud

11. Mr. Penguin

Staff Member VIP Admin

Ok, I have played around with this with an RTL8187L and here is the:

Good
    • Everything works lightning fast
    • Works on Mac via Parallels, VMware and VirtualBox
    • Device recognises 100% of the time, no need to unplug and plug in the cable
    • Pidgin works

The Eh
    • The games suck :confused: , maybe we could have some Nintendo ROMs?
    • If I go from minidwep to inflator it crashes (requiring a restart) from time to time, rfkill between the two helps
    • Can't set TXpower to the full 30dbm in which the card is rated. Only getting 20dbm. Even when join to a Bolivia HTTPS proxy on my mac and run Xiaopan through Parallels or when I run these in terminal:

Code:
    Select All
    iw reg set BO iwconfig wlan1 txpower 30dbm

• Like Like x 2
  12. arbaro24

arbaro24 Well-Known Member

poneis aber when downloading to all users thanks

13. Fantasma

Fantasma Well-Known Member

After + o - a week of testing by VIP members, this Beta will be released for all members, but at my request, users of lampiweb can download it by PM me. In a short time i will post about it in the lampiweb forum...

Mas o menos despues de una semana de pruebas por los usuarios VIP, esta Beta sera liberada para todos los demas usuarios, pero a petición mia, los usuarios de lampiweb pueden descargarla solicitandomela por PM. (desde el sitio de lampi) en breve postearé al respecto en el foro de lampiweb.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Mr. Penguin

Staff Member VIP Admin

Hey potlvr420, 1888 drivers? I can have a look see if I can find them. Were they in the previous release?

I am getting an interesting error with my AWUS036NHR (RTL8188RU) at boot when I have the USB device connected:

Code:
    Select All
    Error: Driver 'rtl8192cu' is already registered, aborting. . .
    I suspect I need to fully delete my Realtek Utility on my mac, I can't seem to airmon-ng start the device either o_O

I have also got Wireshark here for TCL if anyone wants it. https://dl.dropbox.com/u/19584779/Wireshark.zip

Files included
    wireshark.tcz.zsync
    wireshark.tcz.tree
    wireshark.tcz.md5.txt
    wireshark.tcz.list
    wireshark.tcz.info
    wireshark.tcz.deb
    wireshark.tcz

Fantasma I think you have some explaining to do :D http://lampiweb.com/foro/index.php?topic=9161.0 :yes

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  15. Pascal

Pascal Wifi Sniffer

Hello to everyone;)

Firstly, a big THANK YOU to Mr Penguin and Fantasma for allowing me to go VIP and therefore these benefits.

I just tried this new version of Xiaopan.

It works great with my ALFA AWUS036H.

But the NHR, is not detected. I work to turn some drivers that could conflict because I saw that this is RTL8192CU;)

I continue on my side trying to find a solution and I'll let you ... Current

Anyway, congratulations for this new version that integrates more friendly and simple things like the daily mail client and some other tools interresting;)

• Like Like x 3
  16. hazz death

Dev Team VIP

first of all thanks for test this beta version and realy appreaciate your feedback :) , it would be great help also if u willing to share the solution with the error that you encounter while testing it (if u have been fix it), because i believe we can develop this os and make it more friendly to use...

• Like Like x 1
  17. Mr. Penguin

Staff Member VIP Admin

I am going to do my best to get the NHR to work with the new version that is for sure!

Potential Sound Fix

I did some googling and found some information on it from Tiny Core's FAQ: http://distro.ibiblio.org/tinycorelinux/faq.html

Short answer: see the getFlash9.tcz extension (this has security issues apparently and isn't exactly an available download)

Long answer:
    Flash 10 has such steep requirements, it is not supported on TC. The last working version was 10 beta 2, but due to the beta nature of that, using Flash 9 is recommended.

Don't use Adobe's installer, copy libflashplayer.so yourself to your browser's plugin folder.

To have sound in Flash using OSS, you need to copy libflashsupport (included in OSS.tcz) to both /usr/lib and your browser's plugin folder.

There are two variations of the library in /usr/lib/oss/lib, one only enabling OSS sound, the other enabling that and also playing flash over SSL. You need OpenSSL for the second library.

Depending on if you have OpenSSL loaded and need to use flash over SSL, pick one of the libs, and copy it to both /usr/lib and your browser's plugin folder, and then rename it to libflashsupport.so in both places.

• Like Like x 2
  18. hazz death

Dev Team VIP

i'll check the file soon, after i come back home.. :) thanks a lot!

19. potlvr420

VIP

--- Double Post Merged, 17 Jul 2012 ---
    My Bad Mr. Penquin. It is the 8188 drivers i was talking about. Also it would be nice if the connect to wifi shortcut was still their for us dummies who still learning Linux. I cant get any of my wireless cards working in VMware or Virtual Box. I go into devices and add it in my usb and then i check it in network under shared bridge?

20. arbaro24

arbaro24 Well-Known Member

buenas tengo este error al capturar el HandShake y en minidwep me pasa lo mismo en mi red y en otras en las versiones anteriares no pasaba eso
    Translation: greetings, I have this Issue using feedinbottle and minidwep. when i get a Handshake it shows this message, testing on my own network and others. In earlier versions it was not happen.
    somebody has the same Issue? any ideas? thank you
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.