Issue Blank Screen After OS Start Screen

Discussion in 'Xiaopan Support' started by lloranca, 8 Nov 2013.

1. lloranca

lloranca Member

Dear friends. I had created a bootable USB using Linux Live USB Creator and XIAOPAN 0.4.7.2.iso both downloaded from here. I am of course trying to use minidwep-gwk or feeding bottle to test some netoworks but...

I boot from the USB and I get the initial screen where XIAOPAN is launched, it starts a new screen that says unpacking (or something simmilar) and then loading a number of libraries or apps or I don´t exactly know what but it fills the screen...

Then a new screen comes up I believe giving credits to XIAOPAN and then a Black empty screen and I had waited for more than an hour to see if it gets thorugh but it doesn´t.

I already checked all the titles of the issues in forum (22 pages in total) to see if there is some info about this problem, but I see no one. I am not technical as you might see, and I am looking for some good gal to help me out.

By the way I had tried with Beini and it gets a simmilar error and does not show the screen. The USB I created I used it on a brand new samsung laptop and it works (does not recognize the internal network adapter but that is not an issue now), but when I put the USB on my old Centrino2 Toshiba Portege its when I get no screen....

Please your help and I hope not to be banned :)

Kind regards.

2. meknb

meknb Mod
    Moderator Dev Team VIP

Any idea of your graphics card I've seen a couple that don't support vesa so you have to load the full graphics package.

3. lloranca

lloranca Member

Thanks for the reply, I don´t know what graphics card it has, so how do I load the full graphics package? I have no idea on what to do... thanks again!

4. meknb

meknb Mod
    Moderator Dev Team VIP

Have a look in windows what your card is it's not rocket science I'm guessing your a windows user.
    You could also try another resolution, when the screen goes black press ctrl+alt+backspace to go back to the shell and try the command
    Code:
    Select All
    xsetup

5. lloranca

lloranca Member

Thanks Meknb. I tried the ctrl + alt + backspace but it does not work (doesn´t seem to do anything even repeatidely).

I checked with dxdiag and it seems to have a Mobile Intel(R) 4 series Express Chipset Family

Sorry about all the inconvenience, I guess I am not alone in the world so this could benefit other too...

:)

Best regards

6. meknb

meknb Mod
    Moderator Dev Team VIP

This chipset is not linux friendly,but identify your card is helpful Graphics —
    How To Identify Your Intel® Graphics Controller
    the adapter string i.e. gma 4500 is your card.
    You will need to try xorg.tcz rather than xvesa.tcz

7. lloranca

lloranca Member

I am so very sorry but as I am not technical I don´t have a clue on what you mean by trying xorg.tcz than xvesa.tcz

I asume these are controllers or drivers but I can´t find a reference on how to load them or install them. If you could give me a hint where to look for I will. I am sure you must hate having non-tech people but your help will be greatly appreciated.

Best regards.

Luis

8. meknb

meknb Mod
    Moderator Dev Team VIP

Load xiaopan on your working laptop use app browser and install
    xf86-video-intel.tcz
    Xorg-7.6.tcz
    graphics-3.0.21-tinycore.tcz
    make sure these are in your onboot.lst
    using app browser will install the dependencies also

9. lloranca

lloranca Member

Dear meknb after a lot of research as I am not tech at all... I could get in to my machine (my desktop) and ran Xiaopan from the usb I created with VM (that took also some time to figure out :) ) any way I get the appbrowser and found the files but when I hit "GO" on the text window appears

"Don´t run this as Root" I try to load the appbrowser using the Terminal instead but it does not load...

Also, I am not sure what I have to do once it Works.. how do I get this to work on the other machine? I mean how do I get this extensions into the USB so that they load on the Laptop I am having problems with?

So two questions then... how to know if it loaded on the appbrowser and how to install it on the usb to work on a different laptop.

Thanks again!

10. meknb

meknb Mod
    Moderator Dev Team VIP

Use the apps icon or don't use the root shell just use the normal shell

Check your on boot.lst or make your boot persistent google tiny core persistence or I've done a basic guide how to set it up on here "i'm not sure if linux live usb gives you persistent drive? ,as I've never used it"