Reaver Pro II

Discussion in 'News Aggregator' started by Mr. Penguin, 21 Apr 2013.

1. Mr. Penguin

Mr. Penguin Administrator
    Staff Member VIP Admin

Watch this video on YouTube.

Tactical Network Solutions have hinted after one of their followers tweeted about the kit and the price. Funny they avoided talking about the price. Anyway, by the looks of it there will be another iteration of Reaver Pro. What will it be? who knows. Hopefully it will be a lot better than what they have had in the past and a bit cheaper too. Currently you cannot buy the Reaver Pro kit as the distributor Hak5 is out of stock.

Reaver Pro II.png

#1 Mr. Penguin, 21 Apr 2013
    Last edited: 6 Dec 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  2. chineserice

chineserice Active Member

Looking good ... I still love the Reaver 1.4 too bad its only cracks WPS .. :(
    I have alot of WPA WPA-PSK around...
    The handshake way is hard, and if the dictionary don't have the password, its impossible...

3. Pascal

Pascal Wifi Sniffer
    Staff Member Moderator VIP

Good news!!!! Thanks ;)

4. Remington

Remington Well-Known Member
    VIP

I can't even get ReaverPro to load up, even though I followed the how-to on youtube to the letter. Maybe Pro II will work for me :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mr. Penguin

Staff Member VIP Admin

Care to share?

New Reaver Pro 2.0 GUI :) Seems like it is running natively on Mac OS X in Chrome in an Incognito window. I wonder if it will be cross platform with Windows, Linux and Mac? Also wonder how much it will be :) Uptime and pins per minute as well as your MAC Address are a nice touch. Pin ticker is a little overboard I think. Kinda reminds me of SILICA.

Introductory price for Reaver Pro subscribers is $149 and that gives you 25% of the rrp.
    http://www.reaverpro.com/

Features
    It's An Actual Device
    A compact embedded device customized for Reaver attacks. No more driver compatibility issues. It just works!

Be The First To Own
    The NEW Reaver ProTM

PIN Sequencing
    Optimized PIN sequencing using Markov Chains based on on PINs from hundreds of actual WPS-enabled devices!

Auto Notification
    Reaver Pro will automatically connect to the target and send the PIN and PSK to an email address you specify!

10.9.8.1:80 is the address you navigate to access Reaver Pro 2.0
    username: reaver
    password: XXX

Very matrixy with the green text on black and it has 4 tabs

Survey: Scan for APs
    Attack: Attack a network
    History: Restore sessions and view attacks / progress
    Configure: Advanced options like inflator?

369917617659994112 is not a valid tweet id
    369910134761611264 is not a valid tweet id
    I will buy it guys :)
    Sent from my N9500 using Tapatalk 2​

From the subscriber email

Got some big news only for our Reaver Pro list members!
    But first…

Our manufacturer can only produce a limited amount of Reaver Pro boxes for our official launch.
    Here’s why…

Our order represents a tiny portion of their overall business. Therefore, much larger customers have priority on their production line. And since the holidays are approaching, the big electronics manufacturers are gearing up production.

The next production cycle for Reaver Pro boxes won’t be until the Fall or early next year.

So what’s the big news?

We want to offer you, our list members only, an opportunity.

As a loyal Reaver Pro supporter, we want to offer you Reaver Pros before we offer them to the general public. You can be the first person to own the new Reaver Pro before anyone else!

See, I told you that being “on the list” is a good thing.

As a “thank you” bonus to those of you that pre-order, you will gain exclusive access to a LIVE Reaver Pro workshop with Reaver creator, Craig Heffner! He will walk you through the biggest features of the new Reaver Pro and answer your questions live!!

But the live workshop is only for those who pre-order Reaver Pro!
    Get the details on the new Reaver Pro and place your pre-order now! This offer will EXPIRE in 10-days.

Watch your inbox for more details on the LIVE webinar from me within the next few days.

Cheers,

Terry

You pre-ordered Reaver Pro. Thank you so much!

• Like Like x 3
  6. .::JiGSaW::.

.::JiGSaW::. Hello! I want to play a game ...
    VIP

Hi Mr. Penguin !

do you have detail information about the Reaver Pro 2? is it only software or complete kit!
    and is this software working with our wifi cards ? Or is designed for special (boxed - chip) ?? :thinkingtroll:

7. meknb

meknb Mod
    Moderator Dev Team VIP

It's hardware bit like wifi pineapple not sure on the specs though would love to know ?

8. Mr. Penguin

Staff Member VIP Admin

Here is your answer @.::JiGSaW::. @meknb But pictures and details what the device is, would be great!

9. hbvm

hbvm Active Member

is there an iso file or is it only a box

cause if it's an iso file then i can just download the torrent or something for free. having to purchase a box is gonna be a !@#$%^

#9 hbvm, 31 Aug 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: 31 Aug 2013
  10. Mr. Penguin

Staff Member VIP Admin

It is in the embedded device @hbvm hence why it is so expensive. Strange that they are preordering with no pictures of the device yet.

11. tricky micky

tricky micky Member

as reaver 2 has been released, it begs the question of what it does different to reaver pro. and it raises the question with most modern routers applying access point rate limiting, where reaver the pro is just a waste of money as it will be useless in time.

12. Mr. Penguin

Staff Member VIP Admin

Here is a video on how to connect Reaver Pro II to a Laptop.

Using an ALFA device, that is great. A wifi pineapple. AP121U or AP121 or even an R36.

Unboxing

NS-TAP100/EUI Mac is 00:C0:CA so ALFA for sure.

It may be possible to flash this device yourself :) to get Reaver Pro on your ALFA. Box is so ugly.

#12 Mr. Penguin, 5 Sep 2013
    Last edited: 5 Sep 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  13. thewood

thewood Active Member

i preordered...was a little upset to see i may confuse it for my pineapple if in the same bag.

having a dedicated device for it might be nice as the pineapple can easily be over worked

happy to have a new toy though either way

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mr. Penguin

Staff Member VIP Admin

Reaver Pro is a compact embedded device customized for Reaver attacks. No more driver compatibility issues. Plug Reaver Pro into your Windows, OS X, or Linux machine and It just works!

Reaver Pro Features:
    * New easy to use GUI
    * Optimized PIN sequencing using Markov Chains based on on PINs from hundreds of actual WPS-enabled devices
    * Automatically connect to the target and send the PIN and PSK to an email address you specify

*[http://www.reaverpro.com Buy the NEW Reaver Pro!!!]*

== Why do I get timeouts/out of order warnings? ==

This is usually due to interference or low signal strength. The AP's WPS registrar functionality could also be locked.

You may get these warnings randomly during an attack, and they may take a few minutes to clear up. This is due to the AP's WPS state machine and Reaver's getting out of sync; the AP's state machine may not be reset for ~2 minutes. After this, things should start working again.

== Why doesn't MAC spoofing work? ==

It does, but you have to make sure you are spoofing the MAC on the physical card's interface. See the [http://code.google.com/p/reaver-wps/wiki/HintsAndTips wiki].

== WEP cracking works fine with low signal strengths, why does Reaver have problems? ==

WEP cracking usually entails re-transmitting captured packets in order to generate more responses from the AP and therefore collect IVs faster. In this situation, it does not matter if some packets get dropped or corrupted as you are simply looking for a quantity of packets.

In contrast, attacks against WPS require that specific packets must be exchanged between Reaver and the AP in specific order for each pin that is tested. If a packet gets dropped or corrupted, the transaction may need to be started all over again. This makes WPS attacks much more susceptible to failure due to poor signal strength or interference.

Another concern to keep in mind is that just because you can see the AP doesn't mean the AP can see you. You don't know what interference may be at the AP's location, nor do you know how selective the AP's RF front end is, nor how sensitive the AP's receiver is. All of this can contribute to communications problems. Thus, it is best to get the strongest signal possible before running Reaver.

== Reaver just tries the same pin over and over ==

Make sure your target AP supports WPS. Run the walsh tool to scan for WPS-enabled APs and make sure your target AP is listed.

== Help, Reaver can't associate with my AP! ==

This could be due to interference or low signal strength. It could also be a driver issue, check the supported drivers wiki.

== I get a warning "rate limiting detected", over and over again ==

This earning message means that the AP has locked WPS pin attempts. This is usually only a temporary lock (around 5 minutes typically), but in some cases may be permanent (requires administrator intervention to unlock).

There is a known bug in Reaver 1.3 that causes it to not detect when the AP has lifted the lock. Use the --ignore-locks option as a work around, or grab the latest code from the SVN trunk.

== Can I run more than one instance of Reaver against an AP? ==

Technically yes, but this is ultimately a flawed approach to increasing attack speed. The primary limitation on attack speed is the low resources (memory, CPU, etc) of the AP, so having two simultaneous attackers will result in twice the CPU load.

It is better to use Reaver's advanced options to help speed up the attack.

• Like Like x 2
  15. thewood

thewood Active Member

well just got home from grrcon (www.grrcon.org)
    and reaver pro2 was sitting there waiting for me

• Like Like x 1
  16. idrissy

idrissy Member

Thanks for good News !!!!!!

17. Crackerz Wave

Crackerz Wave The Dictator

Hahahaha, no point for me to buy anymore as All my neighbours upgrade their router firmware. it is unhackable unless im doing a dictionary attack or evil twin which both attack is hell of troubles

18. el_peluzza

el_peluzza Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  19. Mr. Penguin

Staff Member VIP Admin

Reaver Pro II Shipped!!!! its on its way to me. Excited. :psy:psy:psy:psy:woot::eek:mgrunanimation::fadancing:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Pascal

Pascal Wifi Sniffer
    Staff Member Moderator VIP

Good news for you ;)