TCB13's Wifi Assessment Setup

Discussion in 'What's Your Setup?' started by TCB13, 25 Jun 2012.

1. Crackerz Wave

Crackerz Wave The Dictator

where is your AWUS036NHA?

2. D3M0N

D3M0N Well-Known Member

jajaja everything but GPS... :joy

3. TCB13

TCB13 Be great

iPhone 4S in my pocket :joy

4. Shaqe

Shaqe Well-Known Member

from where can we buy all that kit?

5. Mr. Penguin

Mr. Penguin Administrator
    Staff Member VIP Admin

6. Shaqe

Shaqe Well-Known Member

Mr. Penguin

Except the dev kit, I have the rest. I thought about the other stuff in this pack.

Thanks mate

7. TCB13

TCB13 Be great

What exactly do you want?

8. Crackerz Wave

u can search it on ebay

9. Shaqe

Shaqe Well-Known Member

TCB13@

I wanted the Alpha R36, the 14 dbi Interline, and anything you think might be useful for a WiFi lab.

Crackerz Wave@

Yep, I know but maybe these come with cheap prices :)

10. Crackerz Wave

where do you live?
    --- Double Post Merged, 30 Jul 2012 ---
    are you working in lab.........what are u should make my name tooooo big, just type @ after that my name

11. Shaqe

Shaqe Well-Known Member

^
    Some where in a planet called EARTH

12. Crackerz Wave

hello Shaqe im here want to help you.............................where do u live...WHAT COUNTRY

13. Shaqe

Shaqe Well-Known Member

I'm 100% sure that you are willing to help me, but I'm sorry, I can't answer that question.

14. TCB13

TCB13 Be great

You can buy them here: http://www.data-alliance.net/.

R36: Maybe you should not buy it. The hardware is good with the default firmware and you can't really run OpenWRT at R36 because it's a ralink device. Alfa has also the Hornet-UB witch is the same thing but Atheros based... but you'll have to use OpenWRT on that one... and you'll need to install drivers set things manually etc... (also works with Pineapple firmware from Hak5)

Alfa Cards: You just need to buy AWUS036H or AWUS036NHA forget about the others, they don't work therefore a waste of money.

Fonera / Fon Routers: Kinda useless because the Wifi chips are old and they only do Wifi "b" lol... The Hornet-UB is a good replacement since it's also Atheros based.

SheevaPlug: Small linux box... more powerful than a router runs Ubuntu up to 9.04 it works for a lot of stuff but not for everything... I'm selling mine right now. No, BT5 won't work on this device. (1.2 Ghz ARM, 512 MB of RAM, SD Storage).

15. Shaqe

Shaqe Well-Known Member

TCB13@

Man I really don't know how to thank you. You not only gave me from where to buy, but even explained some tech. stuff for me. That's highly appreciated.

I'm sort of new in this WiFi field, but willing to learn. If you know anything else that can help me or develop my skills, please don't hesitate to share. Even an info you think of is very simple, might be a sack of knowledge to me.

Thanks a lot, and wish you good luck.
    --- Double Post Merged, 31 Jul 2012 ---
    BTW, I have the AWUS036H and have a TP-Link TL-WN7200ND too. Is that enough?

16. TCB13

TCB13 Be great

I didn't test the TL-WN7200ND yet but you've an Alfa card you're OK ;)
    And... check http://www.aircrack-ng.org/

Help me out and like this page: https://www.facebook.com/iKlive !

17. Fantasma

Fantasma Well-Known Member

I have a TL-7200ND but i just use it with Xiaopan 0.4.1-minidwep-gtk 30419 works great, i will try with BT tonight and see if work monitor and injection

• Like Like x 1
  18. Shaqe

Shaqe Well-Known Member

TCB13
    Yes the TL-WN7200ND works perfect with BT, i've already tested it with aircrack-ng. I thought of other advance attacks in WiFi. Attacks targeting 3G, 4G, and WiMAX networks, not simple WAN stuff. Do you have any idea about those, or where to start digging?
    I really wish I could help you with the FB likes, but the problem is: I HAVE NO PUBLIC IDENTITY :(

Fantasma
    Mine did, not sure about yours. It's even much cheaper than the Alpha kits.

Is there any advance kits or stuff that you guys recommend?

19. Fantasma

Fantasma Well-Known Member

Well, as TCB13 said in another thread " go for the NHA " i know it is an Alfa, but it works great with the most pentest tools...

• Like Like x 1
  20. TCB13

TCB13 Be great

3G/4G/ WiMAX require a significant amount of time and money investment. I've done some pen testing for 3G ISPs and the equipment is seriously expensive and there are not so many tools, you need to write your own stuff and discover vulnerabilities by yourself.

I think that you should really get deep into WiFi (like how it works, frames packets etc... how can you take advantage of it and start building some small tools) and programming before trying to go after other unknown things...

If you still want to dive into the unknown you probably need to find or build hardware for it... but you need to have a really good idea about the protocols and low level stuff and what you want to do, otherwise you'll end up wasting money. Recently there was some talks about two new devices that can provide a very low cost and wide look "over the air":
    • Ubertooth One: An open source 2.4 GHz wireless development platform suitable for Bluetooth experimentation. You can finally have an Alfa like device to explore the world of bluetooth at a very low cost, it can also be used to do signal analysis for anything around 2.4 Ghz by being a low cost (instead of 500-1000$ professional ones) and very reliable spectrum analyzer.
    • HackRF: Probably the ultimate low cost RF spectrum analyzer capable of receiving and transmitting in all frequencies from 100 MHz to 6 GHz. This will be able to view anything from Bluetooth, WiFi, GSM, ZigBee, Proprietary Solutions, Satellite communications etc...
    But as I told you... this is not 1990 anymore, systems are complex this days and very well regulamented, you need to spend a lot of time understanding the RFCs and their protocols if you want to dive into the unknown or just to become a real pen tester.
    WiFi is actually a great opportunity to learn because there's an huge community trying to hack it and the documentation is public. ;)
    --- Double Post Merged, 31 Jul 2012 ---
    Yeah! "NHA" is the future of WiFi pen testing.