Make a Hackintosh Easy Tutorial or Upgrade from Mavericks to Yosemite

Discussion in 'The Off Topic Lounge' started by Mr. Penguin, 18 Oct 2014.

?

Did This Tutorial Help?

1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. I am so confused...

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. Mr. Penguin

Mr. Penguin Administrator
    Staff Member VIP Admin

Looking to upgrade or install Mac OS X on a PC? These are more upgrade instructions. However, if you have access to a Mac (a friends for instance) you can do steps 1 - 5, 9 and beyond for a fresh build. Or you can create a Mac OS X bootable USB on PC via virtual machine using Parallels or VMware (This takes forever....): https://xiaopan.co/forums/threads/create-a-hackintosh-with-asus-motherboards.4591/

If you are new to creating a Hackintosh it is a bit of a learning curve. This thread will help you get started. Particularly for ASUS motherboards:
    https://xiaopan.co/forums/threads/create-a-hackintosh-with-asus-motherboards.4591/

I managed to upgrade from Mavericks 10.9.5 to Yosemite 10.10 in one go, everything is working. Hackintoshes are getting easier and easier on non Apple Hardware.

It isn't this easy anymore. If you are starting or wanting to upgrade to 10.10 use this tutorial. If upgrading to 10.10.x the link at the end of this post.

Getting Ready
    1) Download Yosemite from the App Store
    2) Download Unibeast, Multibeast and Chimera
    https://mega.co.nz/#!jwESjB7I!WXaAOXvfee_G44Bj4F-WaU1W9F4Oh3SxjKldxqtvsko
    3) Install the Chimera Package to upgrade your bootloader (only if upgrading)
    4) Create a Bootable USB using the following tutorial and add Multibeast to the USB as well
    http://www.tonymacx86.com/445-unibeast-install-os-x-yosemite-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html
    5) Open Unibeast and Install Yosemite
    6) Repair Disk Permissions (only if upgrading). Open Terminal, type the following and push enter
    Code:
    Select All
    diskutil repairPermissions /
    Backing Up (Only if Upgrading)
    Steps are optional but HIGHLY RECOMMENDED if something goes wrong
    7) Use Carbon Copy Cloner and make a clone of your existing installation
    8) Time Machine Backup

Upgrade Only Instructions
    • Remove /Extra/modules/FileNVRAM.dylib if present
    • Remove /System/Library/Extensions/GenericUSBXHCI.kext if present
    • Edit /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist, remove the following 2 lines if present and save:
    Code:
    Select All
    <key>Kernel</key> <string>mach_kernel</string>
    Time to Install
    9) Plug your USB in
    10) Reboot or Turn on Your PC or Hackintosh
    11) Go into your BIOS (DEL or F2 or F8 typically)
    12) Ensure that you are booting from USB
    13) Ensure that iGPU is selected rather than PCIE Graphics
    14) Ensure similar BIOS settings from this thread:
    https://xiaopan.co/forums/threads/create-a-hackintosh-with-asus-motherboards.4591/
    15) Save and Exit
    16) At the Unibeast boot image, push any key and type
    Code:
    Select All
    -x and -v
    Using the following above generally reduces bootup issues
    16) Install It! For non upgrade users, use this guide:
    http://www.tonymacx86.com/445-unibeast-install-os-x-yosemite-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html
    17) When you get to the desktop, open Multibeast
    18) For my system I used the following settings (may differ on yours depending on your hardware and motherboard. If you have an SSD ensure you use the TRIM Patch:
    Unibeast Yosemite Settings.png
    19) If you have ALC soundcard but sound isn't working. I have added the HDA wizard in the download. Run that
    19) Reboot, Do step 6 again
    20) Check to see what is working and what isn't! If sound still not working check in the System Preferences that internal speakers are set to built in.

Thoughts on Yosemite in 3 words
    Faster, Brighter, Prettier

The font is awesome and makes your screen easy to read.

My SPECS
    ASUS P8Z77-V LX | Intel i7 3.5Ghz | 16GB ram | Radeon 7770 | 120G SSD
    Audio ALC887B |

10.10.1 Upgrade Instructions
    Additional instuctions are placed here: Make a Hackintosh Easy Tutorial or Upgrade from Mavericks to Yosemite

Attached Files:

#1 Mr. Penguin, 18 Oct 2014
    Last edited: 23 Dec 2014
  2. Anas

Anas Active Member

Attached Files:

3. Mr. Penguin

Staff Member VIP Admin

Should work @Anas

DVD Drive: Check MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8C0 (y)
    CPU: Check (y)
    GPU: Check (y)
    Wireless: AR9485WB-EG (y)
    Ethernet: (y)

SD Card and trackpad not sure...

4. impulso

impulso Member

Mr.Penguin, I have an Asus P8Z77-V LX did everything as indicated more not have audio.
    when I install ALC887 / 88b Current v100302 this in MultiBeast.
    startup gets corrupted giving an error, then go into safe mode and delete "org.chameleon.Boot.plist" and back to normal, but still no audio

Attached Files:

5. Mr. Penguin

Staff Member VIP Admin

@impulso please read over the thread and see the files you downloaded. If the ALC utility doesn't work download and run multibeast 6 and try again with the same driver.

6. impulso

impulso Member

I've read and also tried with the 6.5.0 multibeast and also unsuccessfully =(

7. Mr. Penguin

Staff Member VIP Admin

8. impulso

impulso Member

woooooow =)
    ALREADY HAVE AUDIO: p
    the only thing that does not work and the the funsao mute.
    more help was very welcome.
    thank you brother

• Like Like x 1
  9. Kenyatta Brown

Mr. Penguin, can you check my laptop specs and see if I can any version newer than SL? Mavericks or Mountain Lion will be nice.

Also, I have a MSI Z87-G45 LGA 1150 Intel motherboard. Do you know if that will work? I want OS X on laptop and desktop

Attached Files:

10. Mr. Penguin

Staff Member VIP Admin

Attached Files:

11. Bauhin

Bauhin Well-Known Member

Mr Penguin I can't download yosemite App Store says.. 'We could not complete your purchase. This version of OS X 10.10 cannot be installed on this computer'

Please Can you give a hand

I have a clean installation of Maverick 10.9.0, with asus p8z77-v lx

Thanks

12. Mr. Penguin

Staff Member VIP Admin

13. impulso

impulso Member

Mr. Penguin my hackintosh stopped when I leave it off and back on again alone .. should I do this not to happen?

my hack:
    yosemite
    Asus p8z77-v LX
    8gb ram
    Intel Core i7 3,41 GHz

14. Bauhin

Bauhin Well-Known Member

Nice help Mr. Penguin, I'm going to download. Just a question: the process is the same than yours for Maverick 10.9?

Thanks

15. Mr. Penguin

Staff Member VIP Admin

Sounds like you might have a sleep issue....
    Well, pretty much. All you need is 10.10 on Unibeast and the rest is quite easy. You will likely need some trial and error.

Also guys, you should install FakeSMC as well. I have also found that Clover is much better than Chimera or Chamaeleon. I have 2 bootloaders now. Which is good, because if I break one, the other one will work. UEFI for Clover and Legacy for Chimera. Was a breeze to install as well.

I had an issue with Chimera being slow for normal boot. Booting verbose sped it up. Now I can boot normal with Clover :)

Also has the built in iMessage fix. Also you can disable kext and and there are a ton of other features that makes fixing issues / errors efficient.

When your system is issue free, make a clone of the hard drive. Backup via Time Machine and you shouldn't have any headaches after.

16. magico

magico Active Member

Hello everyone sorry English unfortunately.
    I installed on another HD yosemite everything went well.
    Given that on another HD I Maverick fully functional with Clover and also wanting Chamaeleon.
    The import thing is that I cared iMessage so I have to use the same settings but the first problem is just that.
    I'll go in order:
    1) Configure your system properly, then what kext install with Multibeast?
    2) What are the settings for Clover in particular config.plist but also the installation of the same in Clover prtire the correct version .... ??
    3) On Maverick 13.2 but I've read that when you switch ayosemite Applestore says you have to upgrade firmware for scarivcare, so you have to change SMBIOS is true ???
    In conclusion the problems are solvable with the kext the most important thing is to install a clean system as much as possible so the doubts about the configuration of Multibeast and Clover or Chamaeleon or Chimera to get more bootleader as long as the gaming is always with same serial and SMBIOS otherwise you are likely to stand out from iMessage.
    Obviously the Harware is:
    ASUS P8Z77-V LX 2403 BIOS patch pm | i7-3770K | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 |
    If we share the installation screens can instalalre a clean and fully functional are not the idea of an upgrade.
    In case it is advisable to start from maverick and make aggiornaemnto have the idea to clone the hd and try.
    Appearance vs best to get everything.
    Thanks so much.

17. Anas

Anas Active Member

Hello Mr.Penguin,

I am running windows 8.1 and Wifislax system with Grub bootloader. Can i run a clean install without damaging my MBR partition.

18. magico

magico Active Member

upgrading from maveriks there are no problems post-install everything works except the sound.
    While performing the recommended patch or multibeast is 6 - 6.1 -7 etc .. the situation does not change.
    I have a doubt, use Clover, compared to mavercks what needs to change in the EFI partition of Clover to Yosemite .... kext folder in 10:10? change parameters in config.plist? thanks

19. Mr. Penguin

Staff Member VIP Admin

Repair your disk via disk utility, then check sound in system prefs, I had to manually select the right channel using MultiBeast 6.0.1

20. magico

magico Active Member

Thank you very much it works great ... aggiornado the system recognizes everything but audio with multibeast 6:01 and repairing permssi is ok !!!
    The only thing that I could not solve is sleeping with both mavericks that with Yosemite ... you have suggestions?
    thanks