Another damn newbie

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by harbottle, 9 Aug 2012.

1. harbottle

harbottle Active Member

hI gUYS,
    i'M mIKE (bagelboy) and i have just joined the board. I have already used reaver via backtrack 5 r2 and have had great success with it. I have cracked 2 connections so far. First one took around 7.5 hous and the other one just under 7 hours. Both are WPA2 . My wifi adaptors are usb Alpha 306nh and a wifisky 980g, both have the realtek rtl 8187l chipset. By the way realtek have just bought out win7 drivers for this chipset!

If you don't get any iv's to start off with keep trying. It took me a few days trying the same connection and then it just happened. i used the command reaver -i mon0 -b [BSSID] -c x -vv (BSSID BEING THE VICTIM OF COURSE)

I always put my wifi into monitor mode using GERIX via backtrack cos its faster than typing commands out...and i know it is actually inmonitor mode.
    i look forward to learning more and passing on what little knowledge i posess. Feel free to get in touch.

ciao

bagelboy
    --- Double Post Merged, 9 Aug 2012 ---
    Nobody wants to say hello to me ? :idea

2. Fantasma

Fantasma Well-Known Member

Hi harbottle Welcome to the forums and thanks for share with us your experiences with Reaver, we hope you can expand your knowledge around the forums :yes and enjoy staying here
    Best Regards

3. harbottle

harbottle Active Member

Thanks Fantasma, i look forward to being a good member of the forum.

4. N0iZE

N0iZE Mod

welcome to the forums Harbottle

5. harbottle

harbottle Active Member

Thanks NOiZE

• Like Like x 1
  6. hazz death

hazz death Well-Known Member
    Dev Team VIP

u have such interesting experience harbottle feel free to share with us again next time 'kay? :)

7. harbottle

harbottle Active Member

Sure hazz death, if i can help anyone i will. Knowledge is there to be passed on and not hoarded for egotistical reasons lol..jeez i sound philosophical lol

8. Mr. Penguin

Mr. Penguin Administrator
    Staff Member VIP Admin

Hey harbottle, how was the Olympics? did you go to any events? I heard it was even better than Sydney :hitler.

May I ask where? I had a look on the Realtek site and can only find 1316 (beta) and 1313. Both are from 2011 and 2010 respectively, with the Windows driver from 2009 :s
    With the implementation of Profile Completion Steps we were bombarded by people introducing themselves. It is hard work reading and replying to everyone :D

9. harbottle

harbottle Active Member

Hi Mr Penguin,
    here is the link on the realtek website. http://tinyurl.com/boo64t7 . i have shrtened it cos it was 139 characters. Scroll down to the RTL8187 chipset. It says it was put there on in 2010 but i have never seen it there before. The only reason i did not update to windows seven on one of my computers is cos there was not any drivers for the chipset. Anyway it does work. I tried win7 with an edup rtl3070 chipset adaptor and nothing doing!
    I will upload the one i downloaded and you cantake a look. All i know is that it works great on my computer.

Link to follow.

http://www.mediafire.com/?fpef9ivaxenxf2h