TP-LINK_###### [0-9A-F] Len: 8

• Like Like x 1
  4. xXSyphonXx

xXSyphonXx Active Member

longshanks thanks

• Like Like x 1
  5. goodsense

goodsense New Member

I really do hate to bother but I'm unable to figure out how to run the netgear wordlist in the same way you have done so many times. I've in the past (against other non netgear routers) used hashcat with a numerical 8 key space wordlist and the procedure was strait forward. I captured the handshake, converted the .cap file to the hashcat compatible format then ran hashcat. Done.

I now want to download the word list provided by Gearjunkie but I am directed to github where there are txt's of adjectives, netgear, etc. Nowhere have I found the "upperfirst-adjective_upperfirst_noun_3d.txt" or any of the others listed.

At this this sites' download page I see this:

Included in the archive are 5 files:
    adjective.txt

all the verified adjectives
    noun.txt
    all the verified nouns
    adjective_noun.txt
    combinations of the adjectives + nouns
    adjective_noun_1d.txt
    combinations of the adjectives + nouns + 1 digit (not as common)
    adjective_noun_3d.txt
    combinations of the adjectives + nouns + 3 digits (try this first)

None are links to wordfiles nor are they in the github repository that the top right green download button links to.
    Is there no single download that has all of the combinations? Am I going about it wrong?
    Can you provide me a simple step by step guide on how to obtain the proper wordlist with everything that has been compiled as of late and which program is used on windows to crack the cap? A google drive link or something would be nice for distributing the complete wordlist. I and some others would really appreciate the knowledge transfer. Please help.

P.S. I use an nvidia gpu with hashcat. Is hashcat an option for this or is there another preferred windows program for this process?

--- Double Post Merged, 1 Sep 2018, Original Post Date: 1 Sep 2018 ---

--- Double Post Merged, 2 Sep 2018 ---
    I finally got it!

I used netgear killer dictionary. The readme included an example that clued me in. I just realized how to add right sided 3 digit numerical permutations. I'm fairly new to this so it was great.

Here is the command I used:

hashcat64.exe -m 2500 -a 6 NETGEARxx.hccapx NetgearKiller.dict ?d?d?d
    pause

Where NetgearKiller.dict provides the left sided set and ?d?d?d provides the right side. What I'm still trying to figure out is how to write a command that allows me to use separate wordlists that combine in a specific order.

e.g. adj+noun+?d?d?d

How would that be controlled?

Also what switch/command would allow me to get the most out of my pascal Nvidia gpu?

• Like Like x 1
  6. carnivore1

carnivore1 Well-Known Member

Wow, that is a lot of good research and work arounds. I also have a Pascal based GPU...For a straight forward wordlistlist .hccapx attack, I just use Hashcat -a 0 -m 2500 -w 4 .hccapx file ex, wordlist....Just add the -w 4 to get 100% utilization out of your GPU. I Just add the -a 6 instead when running the mask attack type attacks. Another member, Longshanks, provided a good netgear wordlist that also has the 3d on end of adj + noun sequence, this link might also be helpful for you
    https://mega.nz/#!bOI11aZQ!Nn8e9NZP6C906L7Z3lb9MbzZo5z5dkpAVh_4QazNHO4 or check post # 547 in this thread, ( to be clear, wordlist is already adj + noun+ 3d, so will be just straight attack) . ..Do not think I have ever tried combining wordlist in mask attacks...will think about it, at rate you are getting it, you will have answers before me....hehehe...thanks for being a contributing member..all new interaction is great...cheers carnivore1
    --- Double Post Merged, 3 Sep 2018, Original Post Date: 2 Sep 2018 ---
    Combined two wordlists in Hashcat by running Hashcat -a 1 -m 2500 -w 4 .hccapx hash whatever big wordlist.txt next list.txt commands ...-a 1 combination attack....-m type of hash ....-w 4 100% utilization ...and two wordlists of your choice...You will get a lot of joined words which do make sense and could potentially be someone’s password. Also, just because some of the joins don’t make sense, it doesn’t mean you should assume someone wouldn’t choose it as a password...Suppose this is just one way of merging wordlists or joining them......carnivore1

#586 carnivore1, 3 Sep 2018
    Last edited: 3 Sep 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  7. longshanks

longshanks Well-Known Member
    VIP

We
    Well Done Capricorn1, yes, 1 small tip too, you can run hashcat -m 2500 -w 4 test.hccapx stuckmynoodle.txt (if you are just running wordlists, you don't need to input -a 0. when running -a 6 (also input -O for optimising) :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. carnivore1

Yes, thank you...I often include unnecessary formal extras in commands....carnivore1:devil:.......

#588 carnivore1, 4 Sep 2018
    Last edited: 4 Sep 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Garry Andrew

Garry Andrew Well-Known Member

Can anyone help me with this cap file? Handshake from a Netgear Router. Tried wordlist V1.07 but to no avail. Perhaps one for peoples extended wordlist. Either a new Adjective_Noun or the pwd has been changed. Identity is Netgear93. Fairly new router.

Regards,

Garry

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  10. carnivore1

Quickly tried wonderlist and netgear XX wordlists and failed to get passphrase..If you have a good GPU, could try Netgear killer wordlist...just do right side mask attack ?d?d?d...looked at doing it, but got tired when i saw 10926977000 keyspaces to complete ( over 17 hours) cheers carnivore1

• Like Like x 1
  11. cracked

cracked Member

Too bad -O doesn't work for WPA

MySpectrumWiFi34-2G:classydeer848

• Like Like x 1
  12. carnivore1

hey Cracked, see you found passphrase for above mentioned MySpectrum wifi.. I failed to find that one and couple others...mind if I ask you did you find in NETGEAR XX list or did you run ?d?d?d mask attack on another set of adj + nouns. Just curious, because my already low success crack rate seems to be getting even worse! thanks carnivore1
    --- Double Post Merged, 5 Sep 2018, Original Post Date: 5 Sep 2018 ---
    Hey longshanks, looked over your crack results on this hash..are you using newer PMKID hash attack instead of usual wpa .hccapx hash attack? any difference except not having to use 4 way handshake file? still have to crack using same types wordlists or masks against 16800 hash? easier or just different? better against some types of routers? same, better, or worse success rate? thanks in advance carnivore1

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sven_The_Yeti

Sven_The_Yeti New Member

I could use some help with a cap. I've tried using the netgear_adjective_3d.txt and the netgear_adjective_1d.txt with no luck. I've also tried using the netgearkiller.dict with the ?d?d?d mask but I get an error saying "no such file or directory" This is what I'm typing hashcat64.exe -m2500 -a6 -w3 NETGEAR74.hccapx NetgearKiller.dict ?d?d?d

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  14. carnivore1

Try this hashcat64.exe -a 6 -m 2500 -w 4 NETGEAR74 .hccapx NetgearKiller.dict ?d?d?d in other words, have correct spaces between commands...if your post is how your entered things...try again...checked netgear wordlist also, failed to find pasphrase carnivore1

• Like Like x 1
  15. sonic4

sonic4 Active Member

I'm back again,

I updated to newest kali live version to ACTUALLY capture that Netgear25 AP along with a NEW AP I found (think it's new neighbors ;))! Both are attached; good luck and thx in advance...I hope :unsure:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  16. carnivore1

9a4e432c1d1028719fb242f4a9d44e7c:b03956961cc4:44d2444f7c9b:NETGEAR25:windyraccoon814......passphrase to that wpa2 hash carnivore1

• Like Like x 1
  17. longshanks

longshanks Well-Known Member
    VIP

carnivore1[/QUOTE]
    He posted a PMKID hash not a cap file.
    PMKID attacks are faster and more efficient, i tend to think.
    No need for a station on the network.
    you just need hcxdumptool and hcxpcaptool installed and wifite will add it to your attack list.
    cracking them is about the same speed as cracking hccapxs'.

here mate, have a crack at this one
    2b5cd7e5d82b5014364aa33cd3f95e91*18f1457ff748*fcc233cc7da9*4843532d44617461

#597 longshanks, 17 Sep 2018
    Last edited: 17 Sep 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  18. carnivore1

Hey longshanks, thanks for info on PMKID hash crack. Been down cause sold my Msi gtx 1050 ti few days ago. sold for crazy good price online., much more than I paid for it. Been given gtx 1070 8 gb from work friend in office because he says its broken with no signal. Hoped there would be some kind of warranty, but guess not, he bought end of 2016. Have already found two bad capacitors , and ordered new ones from digikey for basically nothing. Typically when I become focused on something, I either fix it or die trying..hehehe wish me good luck cheers carnivore1

• Like Like x 1
  19. Garry Andrew

Garry Andrew Well-Known Member

Can anyone mirror the download of the V1.08 wordlist files on github? Just getting garbled files. github is the worst. Would love to update my copy of V1.07 into the latest 2018 additions. Is there a compiled version?

Kindest Regards,

Garry

• Like Like x 1
  20. mezcalsonique

mezcalsonique Active Member

NETGEAR27
    44:94:FC:16:28:80

Please test if time allows. Many thanks, mez.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1