Question Best Xiaopan / Beini Build to Hack with USB TP-Link RT3070

Discussion in 'Xiaopan Support' started by ju61, 2 Jan 2013.

1. ju61

ju61 Active Member

Hi everyone

I have this USB device: TP-LINK TL-WN7200ND Ver: 1.0 (RT3070) and windows 7.

I am trying to test cracking a wireless connection and here what I found.

The info I found seems overwhelming and contradicting in some cases, in many cases things might work presuming a person knows how to edit an ISO and knows his way around linux and linux drivers and commands (I only used linux once and did not manage to understand how it works and removed it)

I was hoping to be able to do it with windows 7 but it seems that the needed drivers to perform certain tasks are there for linux only.

Ok, so I searched and found backtrack which has replaced an old project but backtrak is too big

I found out that I need Beini

reading Beini sites I was forwarded to Xiaopan

at first Xianpan change log states that RT3070 problems are fixed and they work

then people are reporting problems with RT3070

then admins sending users to links of subjects that I could not understand and seems to say that it needs more work than "it works"

then I found a compatibility list saying that my chipset does not work with xiaopan,
    reading Xiaopan forums I found out that my card works with Beini 1.2.2a

then I read people reporting success with Xiaopan

then I found a link here saying that my card works Beini 1.2.1 (not 1.2.2a)
    ....... :dead:

So according to the latest updates and discoveries, what is the best linux that works with my usb device TP-LINK TL-WN7200ND Ver: 1.0 (RT3070) without extra steps that is not mentioned in the guides and without problems ????

I hope someone with my exact same device can read this post, thanks all.

Oh and my internet is like 10kb/s at best so I am having a lot of hard time just reading pages so downloading a wrong version of a small linux is a nightmare.

2. Mr. Penguin

Mr. Penguin Administrator
    Staff Member VIP Admin

• Like Like x 1
  3. ju61

ju61 Active Member

Hi Mr. Penguin

Thanks for the reply.

yeah I read this list and according to it I need to use Beini 1.2.2a !

I will try to download the full version 4.2.2 if it is the correct version, I just wish there is a link with a resume option, any idea?

(I found it on linux tracker using torrent search but I get
    Can’t find torrent file! error when I try to download)

Do you mean I will need extra steps to get it working with 4.2.2?

Thanks

4. Mr. Penguin

Staff Member VIP Admin

If you have slow internet I would suggest a download manager where you can pause a download ;)

I believe http://jdownloader.org/ can do this for you. Keep in mind that it will take some time investment but pays off in the end.

Should work out of the box with 0.4.2.2. Plug and Play.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. ju61

ju61 Active Member

I use Free download manager but even that can't download if the server does not support resume option.

Cool :woot:

I also found a copy on PB but I was hoping for official copy (clean)

Thanks very much for the help! I will get busy downloading ...

6. Mr. Penguin

Staff Member VIP Admin

I uploaded that torrent :joy, it is clean.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ju61

ju61 Active Member

You rock man ! :)

8. Fantasma

Fantasma Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  9. ju61

ju61 Active Member

Hi Fantasma, thanks for the reply and thanks for the usb live tutorial !

I was really happy to see that someone like you is using my device (speaking in general), I was amazed with it the minute I got it (compared to regular devices) although as you might have noticed the software is not that good and I have faced some weird things since I got it like sometimes suddenly it stops working and sometimes not functioning well, sometimes disconnecting it from the PC solve it and sometimes disconnecting and reconnecting the mini usb side (yeah weird) fixes the problem, I used the TP-link driver which is outdated and I already found the linux driver but thanks to you I was able to find windows 7 driver recently updated which was a big surprise (it's a 33 Mb exe file). so far it's working well but I have not seen any difference or just not able to tell, time might tell. but mine does not have the 1000wm logo and I bought it for 29 usd.

regarding my testing

1_ I would like to note to people that the 2nd Chinese link (dbank.com) for xiaopan 4.2.2 supports resumes and boy I needed that so much, it disconnected 10 times at least and stalled forever but thankfully I got it in few hours and I went and downloaded the xiaopan 4.1 minidwep, I think putlocker link which is the 3rd link from the multi link page accepted resume too.

2_ I got the latest version of linux usb creator

3_ booted 4.2.2 and auto start chose usb dbs1 instead of 2 (not sure about the name) don't know the difference either?

4_ xiaopan 4.2.2 always does not see my usb device until I disconnect it and reconnect it after I am inside the OS
    , so guys be careful about this point above, it could be working just need this trick.

5_ I tried both minidwep and feeding bottle, feeding bottle took 15,000 data to crack wep and miniwep took 4 hours to crack wpa2 wps

Although I had no clue what I was doing and what program was needed for what and I could not find a general article to explain things but I am going to search and read about this in the forum again I am sure it is full of info but I guess I have missed it, still it was really easy to use those tools, plug-and-play indeed... no doubt about that.

Thanks Mr. Penguin & Fantasma :)

• Like Like x 1