Fixed Cant detect Wireless Device ALFA RTL8187

Discussion in 'Xiaopan Support' started by FxF_sama, 24 Jan 2013.

1. FxF_sama

FxF_sama Member

I have downloaded and made a LIVE USB using this tutorial here. I can launch the xiaopan okay but failed at Select Wireless Card & into monitor mode since it cannot find the device(see the attached file). Can someone advise me on step by step or give me a link to the tutorial since I cannot find any in google. Thanks in advance :)

xiaopan.PNG

2. Crackerz Wave

Crackerz Wave The Dictator

if u use virtualbox...why u use live usb? check my signature

• Like Like x 1
  3. FxF_sama

FxF_sama Member

Sorry I'm new, I've come across that tutorial and decided to try them, I'll try using VMware Workstation first and I'll tell you the result later here.

4. Fantasma

Fantasma Well-Known Member

As easy as " Unplug & Plug " your card... try it and tell us if works ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. FxF_sama

FxF_sama Member

Thanks to Fantasma and Crackerz for your support. But it seems that my problem still cannot be solved. Sorry for not replying this past few days. Got busy with my studies this few days.

Is "card" meaning the ALFA wireless device? if it so sorry, it still did not show up in select wireless card step.

I've tried it but it cannot start (using 0.4.4). I'll try to download 0.4.3 like in your tutorial. vmware.PNG

Edit: Well, 0.4.3 can boot up. But with same problem like LIVE USB. However, I might want to add that my machine can detect the card(in VM -> removable device) but when I click connect it show the driver error. When googling I've read that it is because I'm using USB 3.0( all my notebook USB slot is 3.0). So, any ways to maybe solve this problem?

6. Crackerz Wave

yup like mine..cannot use 3.0...........maybe there a converter? have u check USB 2.0 USB EXTENSION? worth to try..only few dollar

• Like Like x 1
  7. FxF_sama

FxF_sama Member

So it is a fact that vmware and live usb cannot use usb 3.0?
    If it is so then I would later borrow any of my friends note book to try the usb. For the converter, I can buy but I think that they are hard to find in my location. If my friend notebook with USB 2.0 can run this then my problem is solved. Thanks :)

8. Crackerz Wave

9. FxF_sama

FxF_sama Member

oh, I'm Malaysian. Just like Japanese anime and stuff. ;)
    Hmm, for now I will put the converter on hold. Need $$$ for other thing right now.
    btw, This 15m converter sure can use xiaopan and will not cause signal lost?
    and again, since my problem has been solved can you make it become [Fixed]?
    I don't know where to edit the topic title

10. Crackerz Wave

done, no need 15m..that just sample...u can buy other brand or usually computer shop sell this,just ask for usb extension cable 2.0 1metre....idk if it will work or not..but i hope it will work
    --- Double Post Merged, 29 Jan 2013 ---
    done, no need 15m..that just sample...u can buy other brand or usually computer shop sell this,just ask for usb extension cable 2.0 1metre....idk if it will work or not..but i hope it will work