Question How to Install Latest Compat-Wireless Drivers [USB Live]

Discussion in 'Xiaopan Support' started by roylee89, 28 Jan 2013.

1. roylee89

roylee89 Member

How can I install Compat-Wireless Drivers through XiaoPan 0.4.4? I'm using USB Live, and managed to connect to my own AP.

Info: I have tried to issue wget command via Terminal, but yields error.

Note: I'm using RT3070 chipset.

2. Crackerz Wave

Crackerz Wave The Dictator

xiaopan 0.4.4 ald with latest compat-wireless......................does your rt3070 dont work?fantasma has rt3070 and work well.....how about u plug to usb 2.0?

3. roylee89

roylee89 Member

is it? I'm using wirl
    Is it? I see I see... It works but it cracks in rather slow speed and sometimes no AP found [Minidwep-gtk-31214].

Currently I'm using SignalKing-10TN with chipset RT3070.

But when I check the driver detail at Minidwep, it said "wlan1 Unknown rt2800usb -[phy1]". Should this be a normal display of RT3070 devices?

Note:
    --------
    OS info: Windows 8.
    Load XiaoPan 0.4.4 with Live USB.

4. Crackerz Wave

yup

• Ok Ok x 1
  5. meknb

meknb Mod
    Moderator Dev Team VIP

I built a later compat wireless compat-wireless-3.2.5-1.tcz injection works fine with RT3070 chipset may need some patching for other chipsets ?? Just add it to your optional folder and replace compat-wireless-3.1.1-3.0.21-tinycore.tcz with compat-wireless-3.2.5-1.tcz in your onboot.lst.
    roylee the rt3070 use's the rt2800usb or rt2x00usb modules.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  6. roylee89

roylee89 Member

I see I see, thanks for the info! So which means I do not need any compat-wireless injections on XiaoPan right?
    --- Double Post Merged, 29 Jan 2013 ---
    I see
    Cool :) Okay, there's one more question, can minidwep crack wpa2-psk? or backtrack 5 r3 is better?

7. Crackerz Wave

roylee89 it depends on you...but if u want light, easy..take xiaopan and use the minidwep

8. roylee89

roylee89 Member

I see I see, nice info :)

How about wireless card? Alfa awus036nh vs Alfa awus036nha vs RT3070 vs RTL8187L
    1) which one of them best cracking wpa2?
    2) which one of them best suits backtrack 5 r3 or XiaoPan 0.4.4

Or what is the best wireless card to be used in cracking?

Note: I'm using Windows 8 and plan to boot them in USB Live.

Sorry that I'm just a beginner, currently in the process of picking up wireless card :)

9. Crackerz Wave

Not a problem as when im beginner in this world...i keep asking same question many times until i got warn from Mr. Penguin

btw dont know what to say about wireless hacking card........as i only have 1

NHA-AR9271
    when first time buy, the card work really great...plug in and cracking in a few clicks..right now this card is useless.....only can crack wep

u can ask Fantasma estimacamry ImJoJo rempit

10. roylee89

roylee89 Member

I see I see, u from Malaysia too right? So,. NHA-AR9271 can't works with Unifi cracking[wpa2]?

11. Crackerz Wave

roylee89 yes im Malaysian, The NHA is not good for daily uses, it can crack the unifi (CRACK ONLY YOUR OWN NETWORK), I succesfully crack 2 unifi, after few month im just want to test my NHA, and it cannot crack it again

• Like Like x 1
  12. roylee89

roylee89 Member

Not good for daily uses means some day works other day not working?
    --- Double Post Merged, 29 Jan 2013 ---
    @Cr So regarding to utility, you use minidwep to crack Unifi? (YES SIR CRACKING OWN NETWORK) :)

Not good for daily uses means some day works other day not working?

Now I'm stuck at choosing the correct wireless card devices. :(

This is from Estimacamry:) Thank you for the intro of estimacamry to me :)

estimacamry
    I have a alfa with rtl8187, signalking rt3070 and internal card which is the atheros ar9285. My atheros and alfa doing well in pentesting with all the distro except rt3070. I wouldn't say which is the best coz sometimes you run into error cracking the same bssid with the same card. I would pick rtl8187 for cracking but to hook up to a router rt3070 has more capability with the N series.​

13. Crackerz Wave

RTL8187L is very good for pentesting....but the only windows that support now is windows 8, the last windows that support this i think

AR9271, the signal is very weak..only 2x from wifi internal..but line quality is very good

14. roylee89

roylee89 Member

Hey you know what? I have just bought the alfa awus036n devices and tested. Wow, it runs at great speed! I'm targeting to AP 802.11n, Unifi and I'm using Windows 8 and load XiaoPan0.4.4 Live USB.

I came here to comment just to thank you! You helped me much, and I deeply appreciated from your help (Been scratching head and looking solutions for days on how to crack in good speed, was very exhausted). Luckily a good man like you responsed to my inquiries. :)

And I'm closed to crack the pin already. Really working like charm.

15. Crackerz Wave

You buy the AWUS036H? does it work well? want to buy one also...my NHA start to make me to throw it to the rubbish

16. Fantasma

Fantasma Well-Known Member

I disagree with you Crackerz Wave I have a 036NHA working super fine in windows 8 pro, before it was working super fine too in windows 7 ultimate. conclusion: This is a great card for daily use (maybe yours is faulty :confused: )

That model does not exist !

Windows 8 Live ? :woot: :woot: :woot:

17. roylee89

roylee89 Member

Yes I bought the AWUS036H, it works super well compared to the expensive RT3070 driver! Average 1hour 6.xx% speed. Really effective! Of course the AP is quite closed to me, like...the next door :p

18. Crackerz Wave

Fantasma maybe mine NHA is faulty,....even cracking wpa with wps only trying pin...after that when using wash command, it says

FOUND PACKETS WITH BAD CFS, SKIPPING.....

19. roylee89

roylee89 Member

I'm sorry, wrongly typed, should be awus036H RTL8187L chipset!
    Yes, loaded with USB LIVE :p Chipset driver auto downloaded via Windows 8.

Btw I'm using the easiest approach to crack, minidwep found in XiaoPan 0.4.4. :)

20. ImJoJo

ImJoJo The One & Only
    VIP

Thats a common issue many have and they try all sorts of things without any results..
    FIX: When using Reaver to scan for AP's the command normally typed is this:
    Code:
    Select All
    sudo wash -i mon0
    if on Backtrack no need to type "sudo" since you're already a root user. Anyways, to solve this all you do is add -C at the end of your command
    Code:
    Select All
    sudo wash -i mon0 -C
    That should solve the problem ;)

As for which card works better...hmm, personally, I stick with anything with RTL8187L..great chipset..in pentesting it does a wonderful job. Though I did own an adapter that is expensive but, I have never seen anything else perform like it..in USA C.CRANE is the main distributor of the C.CRANE Super USB WiFi Antenna 3 with the Ralink Rt3070l chipset(2.4 GHz 1W High Power USB Dongle With AntennaModel # AWUHN2405 in other countries)
    ...it would authenticate to AP's from a far distance without a problem..
    it did cost me $100 :arghh:...but its performance is unique...not even non of Alfa's AWUS036 adapters came close to it but the legendary AWUS036H..still, C.Crane outbeat it..I would like to point out this though, its great performance only came in pentesting NOT to connect to the internet. Huge disappointment..but my conclusion to roylee89 's question from the ones he mentioned....
    Alfa awus036nh vs Alfa awus036nha vs RT3070 vs RTL8187L
    Alfa awus036nha wins over Alfa awus036nh
    RTL8187L wins over RT3070 ....unless it's the C.Crane USB wifi antenna 3

• Like Like x 1