Issue Cannot find any AP when using VMWare and cannot connect device when using Live USB

Discussion in 'Xiaopan Support' started by FxF_sama, 17 Feb 2013.

1. FxF_sama

FxF_sama Member

Greetings, its me again from HERE...
    If Crackers Wave can help me, I have tried using USB 2.0 port instead of 3.0
    When using VMWare with 0.4.3 Xiaopan is possible to connect and it can detect my device at "select wireless card" stage. But when press scan I cant seem to get any AP there.

With 0.4.4 and 0.4.5 I used THIS tutorial but both version cannot detect my wireless device

any help....

2. Pascal

Pascal Wifi Sniffer
    Staff Member Moderator VIP

When you use VMware 9 :

Open you Production but not launch this.

In the settings options choose hardware and click on USB controler and choose version of compatibility on the right panel : USB (2.0 or 3.0) ;)

Try this ;)

3. FxF_sama

FxF_sama Member

Failed, >.<
    However it says it requires linux 3.2 or higher.
    mine is linux kernel 2.6

4. Fantasma

Fantasma Well-Known Member

See the TIPS Provided here: Xiaopan 0.4.5 | Download

• Like Like x 1
  5. FxF_sama

FxF_sama Member

If this tips "If you will run Xiaopan as Live USB, is highly recommended follow this: USB Live Tutorial" I already done, can run but cannot connect device. Have done plug off/on the device, manually connect both fail on me. :(

If this tips "Also recommended: connect USB devices until xiaopan is fully charged to avoid detection issues (no matter if running as USB Live / Virtualization)" did you mean connect the device to computer before starting virtualisation until its finishes loading the linux I've done too. The device did not auto connect to the xiaopan and manual connect too fail.

6. Fantasma

Fantasma Well-Known Member

I can see in your signature: ALFA RTL 8187 then, is your card an Alfa 036H ? this card use a RTL8187L chipset. it must work with the most pentest tools BUT: are you sure it is an original Alfa card? maybe your's is a chinese counterfeit with a RTL8187B chipset and it is the issue
    You can check in windows, Device manager, network devices (or something like that), select your card and open "properties" in there must appear your device chipset model...

7. FxF_sama

FxF_sama Member

Really? I can't seem to find any chipset model inside device manager -> card -> properties.
    Nvm, for now I'll try to send alfa.com.tw my serial number and MAC to check its genuine or not.
    In the mean time do you have any other way to check its chipset model?
    --- Double Post Merged, 19 Feb 2013 ---
    Hmmm, cant seem to find edit button....
    sorry for double posting

okay, confirmed that mine is authentic alfa product according to the email ALFA tech support sent to me
    alfa.PNG