Fixed Atheros AR5007EG Supported with Reaver?

Discussion in 'Xiaopan Support' started by Shahrul, 21 May 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shahrul

Shahrul New Member

Hai, I'm using Acer Aspire 4530 laptop with atheros AR5007EG wireless network card. I have install Xiaopan OS in VirtualBox, but when i run Inflator, it can't detect my wireless network card. What should I do?? thanks

2. Mr. Penguin

Mr. Penguin Administrator
    Staff Member VIP Admin

Now, when you say it cannot detect do you mean there is no wireless card found or when you run a scan it cannot find any access points (APs)? This must be a very unpopular card, therefore it would not be well supported with Linux drivers which could cause problems. As far as I know there are no standalone drivers that Tiny Core Linux (but might be possible to get it working) has, so you might have to wait until compat-wireless is updated to include your card

I am under the impression that this is an internal card you are using and not a USB device?
    Can you load your wireless card in virtualbox?
    Does Minidwep and Feedingbottle work?
    What version of Xiaopan OS are you using?
    Have you tried Beini and other versions of Xiaopan OS and have had the same result? did any work?
    Does it pass an injection test? (please run aireplay -9 wlan0 in RootShell)

Please read this and this. If you continue to have issues then it is not possible. I suggest that you try BackTrack as Linux drivers are more up to date compared to their Tiny Core Linux (TCL) counterparts you get a rtl8187L device if possible. You are more than welcome my Parallels BackTrack VM:

HERE
    To convert it into virtualbox is possible. See HERE.

3. Shahrul

Shahrul New Member

What I mean is inflator cannot detect my wireless network card. Yes i'm using my laptop internal wireless network card. How to load my wireless card in VirtualBox? When I run minidwep-gtk, it says no wireless card found. When i run FeedingBottle, it also cannot detect my wireless network card.

I'm using Xiaopan OS 0.4.2.2 (english). I haven't tried Beini or other Xiaopan versions, because i am very new in using Linux, so Xiaopan OS is my 1st Linux-based os. When i run aireplay -9 wlan0 is says not found..

Here is some pictures that might help:

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg

4. Mr. Penguin

Staff Member VIP Admin

Ok, now. You need to stop your host machine from using your wireless card. Otherwise how can Xiaopan use it? Unfortunitly I do not know how to do this with an internal card. With a USB it is easy: Devices -> USB Devices -> Tick. With an internal card I could only guess. You are running Windows! The best way to use this is via USB boot. That way your card will be in use. See Here how to do it. If you still want to use virtualbox try and play around with the following settings.

Attached Files:

5. Shahrul

Shahrul New Member

So the first thing to do is disable my host machine from using the wireless network card right? I will try and get back to you.

6. Mr. Penguin

Staff Member VIP Admin

That is correct. I believe that the best chances you have with Xiaopan picking up your card is if you create a bootable USB.

Or if if you want to continue with VirtualBox, Google might help you e.g. "mount internal wifi virtualbox"

Internal cards, particularly laptops are not very powerful or successful. You are better off paying $15.00 - $30.00 AU for an rtl8187L USB device.

7. Shahrul

Shahrul New Member

Ok, actually i'm not very familiar with hardware, so i don't even know what rtl8187L USB device means. Perhaps you could attach some picture example on hardware that you used. Thanks.

8. Mr. Penguin

Staff Member VIP Admin

9. ZorroTheHacker

ZorroTheHacker Active Member

Just the same when using VMware, try disconnect your card from host (laptop) and set it to connect either VirtualBox or other virtual machines.

10. Shahrul

Shahrul New Member

Zorrothehacker, can you show me how can i disconnect my wireless network card from host laptop and set it to connect to VirtualBox? Thanks.

11. Mr. Penguin

Staff Member VIP Admin

Is this true? I didn't think VMware could disconnect an internal wifi card.

12. ZorroTheHacker

ZorroTheHacker Active Member

Oops, we can't disconnect the internal wifi card. Shahrul try to use the external wifi, you can buy it at lelong.com. PM if u want an example.

13. Mr. Penguin

Staff Member VIP Admin

As ZorroTheHacker mentioned. Virtualisation solutions (VMware/VirtualBox/Virtual PC/…) only work with USB cards. Card that are:

PCI
    MiniPCI
    PCMCIA
    CardBus
    Express Card
    PCI Express
    PCI-X
    MiniPCI

Express won't work at all. If this ever changes or you have figured out how to do this, send me a message.

Issue Resolved, thread closed. Use a live CD or USB. See here on how to do that with Xiaopan and Beini.

(Note: Mac users cannot use a live USB through Boot because of there is no BIOS)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.