Site Change Resource Manager

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Forum Changes Box' started by Mr. Penguin, 28 Mar 2013.

?

Resource Manager

1. Good Idea

6 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. Bad Idea

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. Mr. Penguin

Mr. Penguin Administrator
    Staff Member VIP Admin

Ok so we have a new software manager https://xiaopan.co/forums/resources/ which allows users to submit resources in a professional way.

This is what we will be using from now on. So anyone who posts software for example can you please use this. VIP Fantasma Crackerz Wave ImJoJo estimacamry

The Resouce Manager is an official XenForo add-on that allows you to manage resources such as files and tutorials or other article-like content along side your normal forum. The aim is allow content such as files to be listed with a focus on the initial content rather than discussion surrounding it. Users can watch resources and be updated whenever a new version is released.

Resources can be sold (as a link to external purchase handling), downloaded directly from the resource manager, downloaded from an external URL, or provided without a file. The administrator can control the type of resources allowed and who can post them on a per category basis. Discussion threads can automatically be created for each resource, allowing the target forum and a thread prefix to be specified per resource category.

It is completely integrated into XenForo, including support for moderator permissions, logging, manual approval and soft-deletion, liking, news feed entries and alerts, reporting, search, spam cleaning, and statistics.

• Like Like x 1
  2. HoT_Pursuit

HoT_Pursuit Well-Known Member
    Dev Team VIP

it's good idea :)

i agree

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mr. Penguin

Staff Member VIP Admin

Feel free to add your Hot_Pursuit to the list... I just need to add a category now. I would do it myself but I would come the author and i don't know how to change that yet...

• Like Like x 2
  4. MrSandman

MrSandman Well-Known Member
    VIP

Hi guys :)

i agree, looks cool feature

5. Mr. Penguin

Staff Member VIP Admin

Ok, to assign a resource to an existing thread is pretty easy providing you have permissions. Firstly make your resource and publish it. Then you need to go to the page and find in the right hand pane 'reassign resource to different thread. See image below:

Reassign Resource II.png

Reassign Resource.png

Ok so the number corresponds with the thread number. For example this thread is https://xiaopan.co/forums/threads/resource-manager.3560/ so you would enter 3560 here then also click permanently delete as a thread is created when you create a new resource which you do not want. Crackerz Wave Fantasma Aby$m Fantastic

6. rempit

rempit Well-Known Member
    VIP

I thought Xiaopan looking for a
    :D