Windows Multiboot USB Creator

Discussion in 'Software Downloads' started by estimacamry, 24 Jan 2013.

1. linkunarre

linkunarre Active Member

if i'm not wrong, my bios doesn't seem to be able to disable/enable boots, cause i was looking for that for it was that it wasn't enabled. also i wanted to try and disable HDD, but i cant... well, i'll try with Legacy and the USB HDD on top again, but last time i booted with legacy, it didn't find any OS... i'll say how did this go.

Edit: it still doesn't work it doesn't find any OS, nor xiaopan nor windows
    --- Double Post Merged, 27 Apr 2013 ---
    i forgot to say this, i'm using a laptop, Acer aspire v5-571g

2. ImJoJo

ImJoJo The One & Only
    VIP

I'm going to give it a shot in "trying" to resolve your booting problem/issue. By you mentioning UEFI tells me your laptop came pre-installed with Windows 8 (please correct me if I'm wrong) (some come with Win 7) anyways, Windows 8 does have somthing to do with it but NOT completely. Microsoft installs hidden partitions that can only be formated through Linux..but to get to Linux you need to boot a USB/CD/DVD :wacky:
    So here is what "I" did (I too had the same problem) You can boot Live USB but you cannot install any OS due to a few things. ( unless hidden partitions are formated, then you will be able to install in HDD)
    1) Hidden partitions
    2) Secure Boot or Trusted boot (this the main one) see this >> http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/M/microsoft_secure_boot.html
    and this >> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/jj737995.aspx
    3) Secure Boot/Trusted Boot Keys ----MUST Clear them
    4) Disabled Legacy Support

So what you must do is as fallows:
    NOTE: I formated the entire HDD to downgrade because I downgraded to Win 7..

1) Boot into BIOS setup
    2) Clear all Secure Boot/Trusted Boot Keys
    3) Disable Secure Boot/Trusted Boot Keys
    4) Enable Legacy Support
    5) Exit and Save changes

Also try using LinuxLive USB Creator http://www.linuxliveusb.com/ It works Flawlessly!
    That should work...Look at this configuration from this Laptop I downgraded yesterday (belongs to a friend) ;)
    Just press whatever key to get the BOOT MENU (unless you configure in BIOS to Boot from USB...no need though)
    Hope not only helps but, works for you!

CAM00593.jpg

3. meknb

meknb Mod
    Moderator Dev Team VIP

Another thing to check is it your usb 3.0 ? your bios needs to support usb 3.0 boot "usb 3.0 drivers are loaded by the os if not" if there is a legacy usb option in your bios enable it.

4. ImJoJo

ImJoJo The One & Only
    VIP

Oh yes! you are so right! I forgot to mention that one...I have that option in "Auto"(because I have Win 7)

5. linkunarre

linkunarre Active Member

i've solved the problem, i tried with a newer USB i could get, and it worked. My theory is that the old USB worked on the Old pc (school one) but not in my laptop , which is new (1-2 months) .

i'm sorry for making you work on this just because until now i couldn't get any other pendrive.

anyways, i'll still try to solve the problem with the old USB, if there is a way to, so if anyone has the same problem, can solve it.
    --- Double Post Merged, 28 Apr 2013 ---
    well about the old USB... lets answer some questions...

it had win8 preinstalled, and i tried it on all ports , the one 3.0 and the two 2.0... i'll try with the other program to make the live usb and i tell you something
    --- Double Post Merged, 1 May 2013 ---
    i tried with linux live but it still doesn't work... i think it's definitely the pendrive.

6. kookai357

kookai357 Active Member

good morning for you 'excuse my english i am a french ) i want to create a multiboot for xiaopan and beini or xiaopan and two different xiaopan . Thanks for your answer..
    --- Double Post Merged, 21 Jun 2013 ---
    Ihavetrythemultibootwithyumiwithxbootandmultibootusbforcreatingausbmultibootxiaopan3.7.1,xiaopan0.4.1,bdini1.2.1.itdoesntonceagainexcusemyEnglish
    --- Double Post Merged, 21 Jun 2013 ---
    Ihavetrythemultibootwithyumiwithxbootandmultibootusbforcreatingausbmultibootxiaopan3.7.1,xiaopan0.4.1,bdini1.2.1.itdoesntonceagainexcusemyEnglish

7. estimacamry

estimacamry Tracker
    VIP

So what is your question? I don't get you dudeo_O

8. kookai357

kookai357 Active Member

dadvancethank youforyourreplyandexcusemeforlothertext
    .Iwould like tocreatealiveusbwithinmultiple xiaopan os(3.7.1.5.2.1+ 4.4 ) triedwithyumi,withxbootwithoutsuccess.
    --- Double Post Merged, 22 Jun 2013 ---
    d advance thank you for your reply and excuse me for l other text . I would like to create alive usb with in multiple xiaopan os (3.7.1.5.2.1+ 4.4 ) tried with yumi,with xboot without success -

9. estimacamry

estimacamry Tracker
    VIP

Could you post some pictures of your error or share how you did yumi, step by step;)
    If language is a barrier, you could always post your support thread here https://xiaopan.co/forums/topic/france/ and tagged Pascal I believe he could give you some assistance:)

10. vampiricbunny1800

vampiricbunny1800 Well-Known Member
    Dev Team VIP

i will make one shortly i cant solve the iso so i will make a usb loader for a few xiopans and keep the size small so far everybody likes my tech disk and didnt like the size ..................

11. Remington

Remington Well-Known Member
    VIP

Does this work with Reaver Pro and if so what select? Is it Tiny Core Linux? I'm trying to run Reaver in VM but even though I followed the instructions on Dishing Tech and Youtube using Plop Boot it doesn't work and I don't know why.

12. estimacamry

estimacamry Tracker
    VIP

Yes, make sure you rename the file extension from initrd.gz to initrd.lz

Ubuntu

13. Remington

VIP

^Thanks. The initrd is zipped so I assume you unzip and rename to initrd.lz which I did. I'm in ReaverPro but when I click survey nothing happens. I made sure the card was connected before it loaded up but nothing yet.

14. estimacamry

estimacamry Tracker
    VIP

15. Remington

VIP

^ OK yes I always forget about show file extension. I redid USB and I go in Reaver and VM+Reaver show Realtek 8187L (light is on flickering) connected but nothing comes up in the survey. I went into Terminal and typed airmon-ng start wlan0 and then it said Run it as root. I typed in sudo airmon-ng and it says Interface: wlan0 Chipset/Driver: RTL8187. It can see my card and says it's connected. :confused:

16. estimacamry

estimacamry Tracker
    VIP

Is your card in monitor mode?
    Code:
    Select All
    su tech airmon-ng start wlan0
    default passkey "reaver"

17. vampiricbunny1800

Dev Team VIP

i have had this issue with older or really cheap computers they do not put a boot off usb option in them

==========================

18. Remington

VIP

I give up on ReaverPro and I did try v1.1 also :( . It doesn't matter what I type it doesn't scan for networks. My 8187L works just fine in Xiaopan with Feeding bottle, Minidwep and Reaver 1.4.

19. estimacamry

estimacamry Tracker
    VIP

I will reproduce those steps. See if you miss a thing;) . After getting your liveUSB up and running hit "Alt F9" to minimized reaverPro GUI. Bring up a terminal
    reaver1.jpg
    In terminal get into root
    Code:
    Select All
    su tech
    passkey "reaver" then run "iwconfig" now that you can see my card is on "wlan0" will get it into monitor mode
    Code:
    Select All
    sudo airmon-ng start wlan0
    again passkey "reaver"
    reaver2.jpg

Ok now we bring up reaverPro GUI and start scanning
    reaver3.jpg
    Select your bssid for pentesting:D

20. vampiricbunny1800

Dev Team VIP

i cant get it to make a iso pm me if u got idea i'm OUT of ideas