Fixed How to Paste in Xiaopan Terminal

Discussion in 'Xiaopan Support' started by jackieinthebed, 10 Sep 2013.

1. jackieinthebed

jackieinthebed New Member

when i copy textfrom the editor and try to paste it into a terminal it doesn't paste - i've tried Ctrl+V ; Ctrl+Shift+V ; Ctrl and other keys, Shift, Alt etc.. i'm sure i got it to work once but forgot how... any ideas please? thanks in advance and i'm very grateful to you all for sharing your brilliant work.

2. cristi_28

cristi_28 Well-Known Member
    Dev Team VIP

you try with scroll button?

3. meknb

meknb Mod
    Moderator Dev Team VIP

Or ctrl insert copy, or shift insert paste. shift delete cut

4. jackieinthebed

jackieinthebed New Member

thanks cristi_28 and meknb - i did and thank you for saying so it kept me trying those ones again - and this is weird what was happening is that i was using Ctrl+A to select all text and then Ctrl+C all the text from inside the Editor but when i tried to Shift+Insert it into a terminal it did nothing, yet i was still able to Ctrl+V it back into the Editor - it turns out that if i do anything but Ctrl+A when selecting my text i get to use Shift+Insert to paste it into a terminal just fine! So basically i have to just avoid Ctrl+A when selecting text in the Editor. Thank you for your kind and informative responses.

#4 jackieinthebed, 11 Sep 2013
    Last edited: 11 Sep 2013
  5. meknb

meknb Mod
    Moderator Dev Team VIP

If you want to use the clipboard "gui apps use the clipboard" you will have to try a different terminal aterm doesn't support clipboard

6. prospygogo1234

i didnt get it!! ... please how to copy text from terminal and how to paste (as there is no right click in the terminal)
    thanks !