Question Help Needed Prior To Installation Of Reaver Pro

Discussion in 'Xiaopan Support' started by kirigaya093, 21 Apr 2015.

1. kirigaya093

kirigaya093 Member

Hi guys, I'm new to this. I have been using VMware to boot Xiaopan OS and Reaver Pro. These are the only 2 alternatives that i have now in penetrating WPS key. Im not an IT guy and i don't have much knowledge on the codings like aircrack-ng/airmon-ng and stuff. I learned up these things by watching videos from youtube but all i can find is Kali Linux and Backtrack 5, YET, i don't understand how it relates to Xiaopan OS. Anyways. moving on to my usage on Xiaopan OS, I've tried to use inflator at first, but it seems that after using it, it had caused the WPA to lock itself. Well, then i tried bully for another connection, it keeps repeating on trying the same code (12345670). I've looked through the forums, but i don't really have a clear guide on that, maybe because im using VMware Player?

Where as for Reaver Pro, i could not get anything loaded after pressing the "Play" button. Mr. Penguin and EstimaCamry showed me a link to a particular forum, yet, i still couldn't manage to get things just like what has been displayed. My problem is that i could not get to any terminal. I tried Ctrl+F9, but nothing happened as well.
    Note: I'm using VMware Player.

Well, i have this feeling that VMware Player is the cause to the problems. So then i decided to try out with booting it from the USB. STILL! I don't know what i'm doing wrong.
    Firstly, i formatted my 8GB pendrive. Then, i run LinuxLive USB Creator. Chose key, chose source (reaverpro.iso), then i see this (Step 3: Persistence....Live Mode). WHY IS THERE NO WAY TO CHANGE THE PERSISTENCE LIKE WHAT I SEE IN VIDEOS??!?!?!?! == Then option 4, I ticked on enable launching LinuxLive. Then Step 5, create. And in the end of the creating process, i face this error popping out. (http://linuxliveusb.com/help/guide/using-lili) (Class not registered).

I am stucked here. I'm hoping there's something i can do with this LiLi Usb Creator. Pls help me out! Thanks a bunch! :)

Okay, now i've tested booting it with virtual box. I just press start on virtual box, then application>run reaver GUI>entered password. An error occured. (failed to run /usr/local/bin/reaver-start as root user)
    Am i doing the right thing up till now?

2. estimacamry

estimacamry Tracker
    VIP

@kirigaya093
    I believe you are a window user like me so in linux nothing comes easy, read more and tried out things with patience. I'm gonna walk you through like a baby only this once
    1. Run vmware and choose your iso image(reaverpro)
    kiri1.jpg
    kiri2.jpg

2. OS choose linux/other linux
    3. Name your machine..."can be anything"
    4. Tick "store virtual disk as single file"
    5. Hit "customised hardware" and change your machine memory from default 256mb to 512mb for better performance
    kiri3.jpg
    kiri4.jpg
    6. Hit "finish" and power up your virtual machine
    kiri5.jpg
    7. Let it "auto boot" till you see this
    kiri6.jpg
    kiri7.jpg
    8. Ok now click in the virtual screen to send keystrokes then hit "Alt" "F9" and you should see this
    kiri8.jpg
    9. Then bring up a terminal "application/accessories/terminal"
    kiri9.jpg
    10. In terminal type "su tech" then password "reaver". Type "iwconfig" you should see wlan0 or wlanX depends on your machine now get it into monitor mode
    "sudo airmon-ng start wlan0"
    kiri10.jpg
    11. Bring up ReaverPro GUI that you minimised in the beggining and hit "start"
    * VMWare won't detect internal wifi cards.

• Like Like x 1
  3. kirigaya093

kirigaya093 Member

upload_2015-4-22_14-36-47.png

Is it normal to have this 5 processes??
    Because after going through this thing, i still cant seem to load anything from reaver pro after pressing the play button.

4. Mr. Penguin

Mr. Penguin Administrator
    Staff Member VIP Admin

Code:
    Select All
    su tech rfkill unblock all service network-manager stop service avahi-daemon stop pkill wpa_supplicant airmon-ng check kill airmon-ng start wlan0 airodump-ng mon0
    That should do it. If not your card isn't compatible. See https://xiaopan.co/forums/threads/reaver-pro-not-working-with-rt3070.334/

5. kirigaya093

kirigaya093 Member

upload_2015-4-22_21-5-41.png
    This is what i get. :(
    --- Double Post Merged, 22 Apr 2015, Original Post Date: 22 Apr 2015 ---
    I'm using Ralink 802.11 n WLAN

6. Mr. Penguin

Staff Member VIP Admin

Ignore that command

7. kirigaya093

kirigaya093 Member

Mr. Penguin! Thanks! I've done it! I cant get at 1st cuz i need to type "sudo" in font haha. Thanks!
    I manage to kill all except wpa_supplicant. It seems that access is denied.
    And one more thing, am i not going to use the play button anymore since im only using the airodump-ng mon0?

8. Mr. Penguin

Staff Member VIP Admin

I am not sure. Perhaps. So it is working now? Can I mark this thread as fixed?

9. kirigaya093

kirigaya093 Member

upload_2015-4-22_22-24-18.png

upload_2015-4-22_22-25-46.png
    airodump-ng is running but the "play" button doesnt seem to work. O.O
    --- Double Post Merged, 22 Apr 2015, Original Post Date: 22 Apr 2015 ---
    Not yet, because i still don't know how to penetrate through to get the wps key after airodump-ng.

10. Mr. Penguin

Staff Member VIP Admin

11. kirigaya093

kirigaya093 Member

Ok thx Mr.Penguin. I will start downloading reaver again. :( Hope that helps! Will get back to you when i have problem again. Thanks a lot. You can put this post to fixed already. :)