Windows New ALFA 036H Modded Drivers + Homebrewed & Improved by Me

Discussion in 'Wireless Drivers & Utilities' started by kevsamiga, 18 Nov 2013.

1. Metal450

Metal450 Member

Using Technitium MAC Address Changer (software) will only spoof MACs starting with 02; it was for this reason that I started looking for alternative methods, and stumbled on this driver. Do you by chance mean that this driver too will also only spoof starting with 02? Is this a limitation inherent in Windows that you've found as well - or am I misunderstanding?

I'm trying to reproduce the MAC of another device I have, which doesn't start with 02... :/

Thanks again

2. rioboy

rioboy Well-Known Member

Hi Kevsamiga hows it going?

After a house move my V2 got lost but that might be a good
    thing as it might have beeen cursed :)

MY dropouts appear to have been cured on 36H and on NHR V1
    I came acrros a guy on youtube and I reccomend you build on of his biquad yagis.

I built a Biquad Yagi 2.4GHz Wifi Antenna and its performance is astounding really!

Its small size only about 13cm but eye opening results.

Search for Biquad Yagi 2 4GHz Wifi Antenna andrew mcneil on youtube.

If you build one I bet it beats your kasens flat panel :)

As for those expensive crap 18, 22 element yagis that are overpriced china crap
    this is cheap and works very well.

I used copper wire instead of wire coat hangers, easier to work with and wont rust in time.

see the photo, I adapted and old car window mobile phone holder and used an aluminium
    telescopic fishing pole hadle adapted to fit.

Attached Files:

3. Daffey

Daffey New Member

I want to express my sincere gratitude for this.
    Stellar.

4. kevsamiga

kevsamiga Well-Known Member
    VIP

@rioboy

Welcome bk. Yes everytime you move things always get lost, thrown away or broken.

I've watched nearly all of Mr. McNeils videos, he really is the A-team of the wifi world
    and really knows his stuff. Ah the joys of pot noodle pots and coat hangers, i'm a big fan of
    his channel.

@Daffrey

Thanks for the support as I did put a lot of time into getting everything right across all OS's, but the project is dead since the 036H is very very old now, and the signal bars on 036H always lie...

5 bar connection <> 5 bar performance unfortunately.

• Like Like x 1
  5. rioboy

rioboy Well-Known Member

Thanks for 1000's of hours you spent working and sharing your results!!

Andrew has an improved BiQuad Yagi with elements made from etched pcb's (seeling on his blog site) now thats a great idea and makes it better in tolelerence terms as Im sure some of my measurements end up a bit over 0.5mm threshold but it stiill works great.

#105 rioboy, 4 Sep 2015
    Last edited: 4 Sep 2015
  6. RapidX

RapidX New Member

--- Double Post Merged, 8 Dec 2015, Original Post Date: 8 Dec 2015 ---
    hello can you please explain what I have to do after I download this please helpI know this thread is old but I hope you can reply and if it still works I need to know what to do after I download this
    --- Double Post Merged, 8 Dec 2015 ---
    I forgot to mention its a Windows 7 how do I install this after I downloaded it it's for the alfa network AWUS036H
    --- Double Post Merged, 8 Dec 2015 ---
    figured it out just installed it you rock it works perfectly fine we read the read me note thanks a lot u rock ✨✨

7. thomaz

thomaz Member

i always had the problem that speed decreases from 2mb/s over 500kb/s and 300kb/s to 100kb/s.
    and due to this my old usb wlan stick was unusable.
    with this driver i have some small breakdowns to ~900kbyte/s but then it goes back up to 1,7-2mb/s.
    so a big thx for the modded rtl8187l driver and a huge middlefinger for realtek. :)

8. RapidX2

RapidX2 New Member

hi my friend can u help me install this modded driver in windows 10 i was able to install it in windows 7 with no problem and put it to 100% i hope it dosent kill me lol well u warned us in the READ ME section but please try to help me with it in windows 10 step by step please help thanks alot for ur time u rock i love ur modded drivers!!!!!!!
    --- Double Post Merged, 12 Dec 2015, Original Post Date: 12 Dec 2015 ---
    hi my friend can u help me install this modded driver in windows 10 i was able to install it in windows 7 with no problem and put it to 100% i hope it dosent kill me lol well u warned us in the READ ME section but please try to help me with it in windows 10 step by step please help thanks alot for ur time u rock i love ur modded drivers!!!!!!!

9. andJusticeForAll

Hello kevsamiga,
    I registered xiaopan to say thank you personally. I bought 036h 3 days ago and devastated with 0.36kbps dl speed in %60 signal strength. With the help of my luck i found your post and installed your driver and its going up to 2mbps now. Thank you bro! I wish you all the bests.

Just disable the driver signature enforcement on windows and install the driver.
    How to disable:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...n/a53ec7ca-bdd3-4f39-a3af-3bd92336d248?auth=1

10. xiaofan

xiaofan Active Member

Hello @kevsamiga
    May i ask you is there will be soon modded drivers for Alfa AWUS036NH ?!

Thanks in advance

11. alghashm2014

alghashm2014 Well-Known Member

I was impressed by the work done by kevsamiga, but I endowments to develop my it has not renewed the tool since 2012 I have noticed that it has on many reforms as you can see and add her good features in addition to that, there are still closed features no one opened Atstta so I decided to work on it for PET interest As you can see that the support stopped by the alfa has not conducted any updates since 2010 only work in the Forum for kevsamiga in 2013...
    Thanks @kevsamiga
    Open the following link for the workplace, where they underwent numerous modifications and improvements and updates:

https://xiaopan.co/forums/threads/n...ther-mods-newest-utility-updated-by-me.14928/

12. xiaofan

xiaofan Active Member

Hello @alghashm2014 Thanks for your work at 036H mods and drivers.
    Is there will be any new drivers and mods for 036NH ??
    Many Thanks

13. alghashm2014

Yes .. this topic (new drivers and mods for 036NH) in my plan ..We have gathered a lot of references about that and I will begin immediately upon completion of work at 036H mods and drivers.

I hope you will encourage and participate in the work..

***greetings to you all***

--- Double Post Merged, 9 Mar 2016, Original Post Date: 9 Mar 2016 ---
    Rtl8187_Win7_X64_x86_03.08.2016-Drivers-Moded by Alghashm - Download Now

Sorry for the delay ....
    files contain only Drivers can test ..
    Of course, the package of Beast will remain incomplete GUI .. Upon completion of the work I will raise you Full Version..

https://xiaopan.co/forums/threads/ne...ther-mods-newest-utility-updated-by-me.14928/

***greetings to you all****

--- Double Post Merged, 10 Mar 2016 ---
    Now you can Downloaded the New RTL8187L(ALFA 036H)2016_AutoInstallPa_Winxp~10& New_ Drv_Moded_V.4_ By Alghashm

please visit the following link:

https://xiaopan.co/forums/threads/rt...10-new_-drv_moded_v-4_by_me.15300/#post-34475

Please share and enjoy...

14. kevsamiga

kevsamiga Well-Known Member
    VIP

A few notes for the unknowing...

The 036H is meant to run @ 100% on the power slider by default.

The default non power control drivers (which you can't control the power including 1.313 and below) give it 82%
    by default however.

Lower power is only needed for when your using it on a laptop to save battery life and
    your AP is not far away.

The 1.316 Windows 7 drivers are inferior/beta (don't properly indicate RX retries) and cause
    dropouts (at least on 64-bit OS) so it's best to use the 1.314 Vista x64 ones in it's place
    (that don't drop out). They were a quick afterthought when Win7 got released and beta.

The 1.314 Vista ones however work much better whilst still working on Windows 7.

15. OnFaia

OnFaia Member

Compared to the "alghashm2014", which is doing better in Windows 10? You have proved your driver in Windows 10?

16. thanas

thanas New Member

been using the modded drivers queitly for a long time thank you for this, however the links to the latest drivers are down. can anyone reupload them or provide a mirror? since there arent any others.

id appreciate it tremendous :)
    --- Double Post Merged, 26 Dec 2016, Original Post Date: 26 Dec 2016 ---
    my bad just found them on another thread on this forum :) however the links within this thread are not functioning.

Thanks for these great drivers :)

17. alghashm2014

18. Axis0fEvil

Axis0fEvil Active Member

19. milsetec

milsetec New Member

Finally was able install your final mod package after some trial and error..THANKYOU!!!

[​IMG]

I am using a small directional Alfa antenna and the v5 036H both purchased from Rokland on bay. I also own a Kasens 9600 this unit is old (dropped multiple times etc) and outdated, plus running on old driver package so it's not really fair to compare. The Alfa is definitely running better on your mod driver package versus original driver at least now i have a fairly stable net connection. I am also going through multiple walls and distance of 150-200' pretty amazing for such a small setup.

In the next few days i'll update the Kasens drivers and try for a comparison, almost impossible since as i said it's taken a beating over the years:banhappy: The Alfa is outperforming the Kasens and able hold a connection whereas the Kasens doesn't during peak traffic.

#119 milsetec, 5 May 2017
    Last edited: 5 May 2017
  20. blueflyer99

blueflyer99 Active Member

Thank you for updating this long outdated driver.. V3.1 working great.. On Win7x64.. On my system, EAP hangs installing for some reason. New util. is very nice.. V4 link here is dead. Please reup..