Wifite2 2.2.5 ( w hcxtools & hcxdumptool )

Discussion in 'Scripts & Commands' started by r1sen, 22 Sep 2018.

1. r1sen

r1sen Mod
    Staff Member Moderator Dev Team VIP

new wifite2 build version 2.2.5 along with hcxtools & hcxdumptool

modified splash logo in main *.py file to overcome terminal special character corruption along with the compilation of hcxdumptool & hcxtools recommended for wifite2 v2.2.5

read more from the project github: https://github.com/derv82/wifite2

hcxdumptool github: https://github.com/ZerBea/hcxdumptool

hcxtools github: https://github.com/ZerBea/hcxtools

SourceForge:
    wifite2-2.2.5.tcz
    hcxdumptool.tcz
    hcxtools.tcz

BitBucket:
    wifite2-2.2.5.tcz
    hcxdumptool.tcz
    hcxtools.tcz

Installation:

1.) Download the above *.tcz extensions from either above TinyPaw repository.

2.) Copy the extensions to your (*/tce/optional/) directory.

3.) Open your "onboot.lst" file located in your (*/tce/) directory and make the following changes:
    -Change all line item listings of: "wifite2.tcz" to: "wifite2-2.2.5.tcz"
    -Add line item: "hcxdumptool.tcz"
    -Add line item: "hcxtools.tcz"
    -Make sure to add one extra empty line at the end of your onboot.lst file

4.) Save the changes you've made to your onboot.lst file by either "file+save" or "cntl+s".

5.) Close your text editor and all other windows and reboot your system.

6.) Once rebooted you will have wifite2-2.2.5 by default launchable from your wbar.

Screenshot_TinyPaw_v1.3_2018-09-21_19:54:40.png

• Like Like x 1
  2. Champ37

Champ37 Member

i can see wps now :) do a i add hashcat the same way?

3. r1sen

r1sen Mod

@Champ37

Do you mean adding the hashcat package to your optional directory and onboot.lst? Then yes, same way as you would with the hcx* packages.

Otherwise please explain exactly what you are referring to?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Champ37

Champ37 Member

yeah thats what i meant.
    --- Double Post Merged, 31 Oct 2018, Original Post Date: 31 Oct 2018 ---
    when i did it, my wps's in wifite stopped working. im sure im missing a few more things that might go with it. ill keep playing

• Like Like x 1
  5. r1sen

r1sen Mod

6. Champ37

Champ37 Member

sould i have that pcap tool before i use hashcat? or should that matter

7. r1sen

r1sen Mod

the hashcat package is standalone - it will function as is no additional dependencies - the above hcxdumptool & hcxtools are dependencies of the new wifite2 2.2.5 script. Unless you are referring to something else? TinyPaw already by default has pcap & pcap development libraries. I am not sure which pcap tool you are referring to?

8. Champ37

Champ37 Member

hcxpcaptool, wifites looking for it and hashcat right now. everything seems to be working fine except the pmkid attack

9. r1sen

r1sen Mod

@Champ37

It is already there - hcxtools.tcz - here is a list of the included bundled tools in this package:

Detailed description

Tool
    Description
    hcxpcaptool Shows info of pcap/pcapng file and convert it to other hashformats accepted by hashcat and John the Ripper
    hcxpsktool Calculates candidates for hashcat based on commandline input, hccapx file and/or 16800 hash file (experimental)
    hcxhashcattool Calculate PMKs from hashcat -m 2500 potfile
    wlanhcx2cap Converts hccapx to cap
    wlanhc2hcx Converts hccap to hccapx
    wlanwkp2hcx Converts wpk (ELMCOMSOFT EWSA projectfile) to hccapx
    wlanhcx2essid Merges hccapx containing the same ESSID
    wlanhcx2ssid Strips BSSID, ESSID, OUI
    wlanhcxinfo Shows detailed info from contents of hccapxfile
    wlanhcxmnc Help to calculate hashcat's nonce-error-corrections value on byte number xx of an anonce
    wlanhashhcx Generate hashlist from hccapx hashfile (md5_64 hash:mac_ap:mac_sta:essid)
    wlanhcxcat Simple password recovery tool for WPA/WPA2/WPA2 SHA256 AES-128-CMAC (hash-modes 2500, 2501)
    wlanpmk2hcx Converts plainmasterkey and ESSID for use with hashcat hash-mode 12000 or john PBKDF2-HMAC-SHA1
    wlanjohn2hcx Converts john wpapsk hashfiles for use with hashcat hash-modes 2500, 2501
    wlancow2hcxpmk Converts pre-computed cowpatty hashfiles for use with hashcat hash-mode 2501
    wlanhcx2john Converts hccapx to format expected by John the Ripper
    wlanhcx2psk Calculates candidates for hashcat based on the hccapx file (deprecated: will be replaced by hcxpsktool, soon)
    wlancap2wpasec Upload multiple caps to https://wpa-sec.stanev.org
    whoismac Show vendor information and/or download oui reference list

refer to project github for more details: https://github.com/ZerBea/hcxtools

• Like Like x 1
  10. Champ37

Champ37 Member

:O :O :O you just made me feel dumb and taught me a beautiful lesson at the same time
    kAk i guess i coulda googled that one

• Like Like x 1
  11. r1sen

r1sen Mod

Nonsense - the only dumb thing you could have done would've been not to ask a question. In all fairness on your part and anyone else's I never posted the contents of either hcx package since they were compiled solely as dependencies for wifite2 2.2.5 - so all good :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Champ37

Champ37 Member

this is the best ive ever had wifite working. on any OS :p

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. r1sen

r1sen Mod

@Champ37

That.. is beautiful - comments like that make it all worth it :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Champ37

Champ37 Member

new development, i already had hcxtools, but wifite doesnt see hcxpcaptools, when i put hashcat in i dont get either of the warnings for hashcat, or hcxpcaptools, but wifite no longer finds wps

#14 Champ37, 31 Oct 2018
    Last edited: 31 Oct 2018
  15. r1sen

r1sen Mod

Please provide more details? Find wps what? Wps networks? Pins? Doesn't engage pixie attack? Please give me details so I can recreate. Are you using v1.3 or did you install this on v1.2Z.1 following this thread? I have tested since compiling hashcat and saw no issue other then keys not being found in the dictionary file provided?

16. r1sen

r1sen Mod

Details such as exactly what you are referring to?

Command line arguments , options , etc

17. r1sen

r1sen Mod

@Champ37

I need to be able to determine if this a major bug/issue if it is due to hardware/driver for instance wlan device or if there's an issue with the choice of arguments/options declared or if there is a package issue?

18. r1sen

r1sen Mod

@Champ37

I woke up and have tested wifite2 in both with hashcat and without - it seems to function the same minus the ability to engage pkmid attacks? Also another thing to note - as I have posted in the TinyPaw forum - best practice would be to place your wireless device into monitor mode manually via airmon-ng, as I have stated previously relying on scripts to place your wireless devices in or out of monitor mode can cause them to "hang up" causing network discovery such as wash to give absolutely no output.

In my opinion but not required a good step always upon booting into TinyPaw - open airmon-ng via the wbar launcher icon and enter:

sudo airmon-ng check kill

sudo airmon-ng start wlan#

Then whichever script you use - whether wifite, wifi-autopwner or airgeddon your wifi device of choice will already by placed into active monitor mode.

I mention this because as I tested wifite2 with hashcat I noticed this happen - upon the script terminating after failing to capture pkmid and then failing to capture wpa handshake - AP was quite a bit of ways - I restarted the script to see zero networks discovered. I am not thinking this is due to hashcat or the hcx packages but rather the script getting hung on disengaging the wireless device when your selected attack method fails and the script self terminates? I simply opened my terminal and entered the following:

sudo airmon-ng stop wlan0mon

sudo airmon-ng check kill

sudo airmon-ng start wlan0

Then I ran

sudo python wifite2.py -i wlan0mon

Wifite2 performed standard. Please provide more details or a screenshot as to what you are referring to or the issue you are experiencing. Thank you and thank you for your interest.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Champ37

Champ37 Member

after leaving it alone for awhile, its seems mines working the same as yours. After being in this great forum for a day in a half everything ive been learning about linus clicked. I installed wifite on mint perfectly, the only error i get is the pcap error but i think that is due to my chipset on the mint machine. I have a fresh install of tiny paw on my 512 mb pentium m and will
    continue to build onto it. I know it works, just slow. I had xiaopan 6.4.1 working on it about a year and a half ago. That was pretty much my first experience with nix. Fast forward to now, I think ive finally graduated :) Next time jeff calls me skid on fb, ima take it as a huge compliment lolololol!
    --- Double Post Merged, 1 Nov 2018, Original Post Date: 1 Nov 2018 ---
    also, ive read that i can get the 3G ram out out the pentium m, tho i havent tried

• Like Like x 1
  20. r1sen

r1sen Mod

@Champ37

Excellent! I am glad to hear that it has started functioning more ideal. I am glad to see you testing and learning as well as asking questions and getting answers. Thanks for your support and interest!