Windows 8

Discussion in 'The Off Topic Lounge' started by Mr. Penguin, 29 Oct 2012.

?

What is your Favourite Windows Version of All Time?

Poll closed 29 Oct 2013.
  1. Windows 3.1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Windows 95

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Windows 98

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Windows 2000

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Windows XP

7.1%
  6. Windows Vista

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Windows 7

64.3%
  8. Windows 8

28.6%
  9. Other (please specify in the thread)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Amz

Amz Active Member

i have tried window 8 and its amazing its faster than window 7 and boot time also faster but i have revert back to window 7 as i cannot open any metro apps on my netbook even after tweaking...:drowning:

The conclusion is window8 would be great if u have any tablet or touchscreen laptop or dekstop but in traditional enviroment you may have to think again...

2. Amkay

Amkay The Wifier
    Moderator Dev Team Wiki Editor VIP

mmm... this reminds me to buy it... in my country, selling copied CDs is allowed... i can buy anything for only 2$ im gonna buy tommorow VMware workstation9 and windows 8 and some other programs i need.. my budget is 10$ so gonna get 5 CDs.
    i love windows 7 and dont know anything about windows 8 ... but i hate vista, i think its s*itty... i liked XP too...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Remington

Remington Well-Known Member
    VIP

I have been using computers since the DOS days and loved XP and skipped over Vista. I now love 7 Ultimate and I don't have a touch screen so I will not even look at 8. I'll leave that for the 3 year old kids.

• Like Like x 1
  4. radi

radi Member

this is a tested windows 8 and office 2010 activator Tested 100% working Activator

5. sbody0742

sbody0742 New Member

8's my favorite

6. ImJoJo

ImJoJo The One & Only
    VIP

I hate 8..one word for it.."incompatibility"

7. kevsamiga

kevsamiga Well-Known Member
    VIP

I hate 8 too, Windows XP and Win 7 x64 all the way for me (even after XP support ends)...still won't touch Win 8 with a bargepole.

In fact I tried it before. Utter hopeless to any of my needs so I severed the fools paradise of constantly updating the Windows 8
    umbilical cord drowning in stupid little issues, and went back to the tried and tested Win7.

There was less compatibility, less access to decent drivers, monstrosity of a gorilla arm inducing orientated UI,
    removal of features and app store lock in is all your going to get for those brave enough to use it. No purpose.

Virtually has no place on a desktop, and serves me no compelling reasons to be using it over XP or 7. Thanks, but no thanks.

I'm still so old school I still insist having a floppy drive in all my machines, just for those BIOS flashing or low level access moments for tools
    that won't run off a flash drive.

Instead of ditching XP in April they should just resurrect it, change the UI from ketchup and mustard, and rename it to Windows 9
    because it's still faster and miles better with working with mostly everything out there compared to the polished turd in a box that is Windows 8.

I wouldn't even give the .iso and a legit code away for free to my worst enemies. For a desktop OS it's really that bad.

M$ has a habit of picking up whatever is trending at the time, and always implementing a half baked result in their OS's even when it goes against what joe public wants, while stealthily removing previous functionality, and features you got for free that doesn't further their commercial interests.

It's called "planned" obsolescence...but I digress that Win8 will become "unfashionable" somehow a lot sooner than XP or Win7 will the way things are going.

Windows 8 is just akin to a chocolate easter egg but without any of the free goodies inside, or a dragster with the big wheels at the front.

#27 kevsamiga, 25 Mar 2014
    Last edited: 25 Mar 2014
  8. Amkay

Amkay The Wifier
    Moderator Dev Team Wiki Editor VIP

like i skipped windows vista, ill skip windows 8 and will be waiting for windows 9 cz it seems like after a good job on a software, microsoft is shitting on the next one, love XP, hated vista, Loving 7, hating 8, waiting for 9...

9. Rupert

Rupert Member

Personally, I think Windows XP was the best.
    It never gave me any problems.
    Also, it was the first PC I owned.
    Everything worked like a charm in it.