1. Mr. Penguin

Mr. Penguin Administrator
    Staff Member VIP Admin

Ok Ubuntu 12.10 is out and it is probably the most refined Linux distro (remember BackTrack is based on Ubuntu) there is. Interesting with this build is that it comes with a Windows Installer. This allows (mainly noobs) users to download and install via Windows and create a partition. It will not delete your Windows and you can with confidence, install this with no issues. The end result is you will have a dual boot system through (Windows Boot Manager) on your Windows based PC.

Remember you can install all your Xiaopan / Backtrack favourites such as:
    Reaver, Inflator, Minidwep, Aircrack, WPScrackGUI, compat-wireless and other tools through this OS.
    Not only that...it will probably work better!
    Install Ubuntu Through Windows
    http://www.ubuntu.com/download/help/install-ubuntu-with-windows
    [​IMG]

Great install tutorials from Ubuntu.com:

Windows
    OS X
    Ubuntu
    If you want to install Ubuntu in VMware, VirtualBox or Parallels (on Mac, PC or Linux) I recommend the ubuntu-12.10-desktop-i386.iso version for better compatibility and stability. Or if you want the server or 64 bit editions use another link. I have tested this in VM, very slow.

I have done some research and it appears that this version doesn't work well with any virtualisation software. If you try, please let us know what software you used.
    Ubuntu 12.10 torrents
    Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS torrents
    Other images
    For other versions of the Ubuntu installer please select your nearest mirror; however, we recommend you use the standard installer as all other packages are available in the Software Centre. Select the nearest country mirror:

• Like Like x 2
  2. hazz death

hazz death Well-Known Member
    Dev Team VIP

some addition for this post : for ubuntu 12.10 you can easily install aircrack and reaver from Ubuntu Software Center (USC); after that u can download minidwep-gtk , by searching the minidwep package in this forum, and then install it via terminal...

3. Xye

Xye Active Member

4. Amkay

Amkay The Wifier
    Moderator Dev Team Wiki Editor VIP

This Ubuntu version is the best via virtualisation :
    ubuntu-12.04.2-desktop-i386

5. Xye

Xye Active Member

wish that someone told me that before I messed up my W7x64 installation twice.