Issue Forums registration and mailing issues

Discussion in 'Xiaopan Support' started by apocanom, 31 Aug 2020.

1. apocanom

apocanom Well-Known Member

Is there anybody that can help with some issues with mail from the forums here? I just created this account by digging up an old throwaway facebook account and registering with that, but I still can't get a password from the settings option to be sent to my email. Prior to this, I have been trying to register here since March of this year and cannot get a confirmation email to show up. I've used Yahoo, Gmail and even Protonmail accounts in case one of them might have just been completely filtering the site emails but of those three I haven't gotten a single confirmation email to go through. They do not appear in inbox, trash, or spam folders they are apparently just not sending from what I can tell. If this logs out again I don't think I can get back in as this is the second one I have had to make with the facebook account because the previous one wouldn't let me back in without a password I wasn't able to get either. Anybody have any suggestions or actual working email sites I can use for this?

2. Mr. Penguin

Mr. Penguin Administrator
    Staff Member VIP Admin

Hi there. It seems that your account is registered and that your email has been confirmed. Is it working for you now? Sorry for the trouble.

3. apocanom

apocanom Well-Known Member

I just tested it out and I can't notice any difference. From what I can tell about the issue, with the way I registered this account, the site allowed me to bypass the typical email verification of my account by using a Facebook account that has no prior associated account email associated with it. Using an account with the existing email prevented it, so when I signed up it did not let me set a password in the process. So the registration and the email confirmation isn't quite the problem with this method, as I was able to bypass the need of them to make a posting account, but I am still not able to change the password through the account settings as I receive no email with a password or a set password link, and the password associated with the Facebook account I used to create this one doesn't work either.

Seperately, I have two other accounts that I have been testing with to try to confirm it isn't an isolated issue. Accounts are dubbz and grubbz, one I used another Yahoo.com email account, and the latter I used a protonmail.com account to verify that the site emails aren't being filtered entirely. On both those accounts, I do not receive any confirmation emails no matter how many times I resend them, and they are not in inbox, spam, or the trash folders.

This brings the testing up to two different computers, three different wireless networks, three different accounts and three different email services(I tested gmail.com as well, but I swapped the emails in the dubbz account instead of creating another), and two different web browsers. Given the persistence of the issue, I don't feel this is a client-side issue honestly. But I am far from an expert and could easily be wrong.