TinyPaw-Linux v2.0.1

Lightweight Linux WiFi pentesting distro.

1. Mat'

Mat' Active Member

Ok issue is related to VMware, icons are present when using VirtualBox

2. r1sen

r1sen Mod
    Staff Member Moderator Dev Team VIP

Ok, and does your 8187 card show?

3. Mat'

Mat' Active Member

Problem now is Virtualbox failing to attach my USB device

4. r1sen

r1sen Mod

Ah, you will need to install the virtualbox extensions for your version and select usb3 filtering

5. r1sen

r1sen Mod

6. r1sen

r1sen Mod

7. Mat'

Mat' Active Member

Hmm, exactly what I did, even with a complete reboot of the host but still this error :
    upload_2019-10-20_15-45-5.png
    --- Double Post Merged, 20 Oct 2019, Original Post Date: 20 Oct 2019 ---
    Hmm, I already did all these steps but still impossible to attach. Even with USB filter
    upload_2019-10-20_16-14-30.png
    --- Double Post Merged, 20 Oct 2019 ---
    I remember now why I switched to VMware...
    --- Double Post Merged, 20 Oct 2019 ---
    AHH ! Finally !
    Here is the trick : https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39104#p176270
    And my AWUS036H is well detected in TinyPaw 1.4 with VirtualBox (without touching the drivers / firmware files)
    Issue is definitely related to VMware so.
    Thanks a lot @r1sen !

8. r1sen

r1sen Mod

I never make a filter, I only select usb3 and with vm window I attach from top drop down menu. Have you tried using usb2 do not create a filter, remove previous filter you created "any USB" and just check usb2 or usb3 and try.

9. r1sen

r1sen Mod

Ah lol wonderful to hear! I apologize for the tedious chaos! I am not entirely sure why there is compatibility issues with VMware, could be the software or configuration or perhaps something with the iso file.. I never use VMware so I had no idea and never reports of compatibility or stability issues. However I thank you for all the details you've provided throughout this! As the sole developer community feedback is extremely important.

Glad is up an running.

10. r1sen

r1sen Mod

Oops, I seriously apologize for this late post on this, which seems very important to cover the more TinyPaw-Linux has grown:

This post addresses incredibly slow TinyPaw shutdown times, in some cases.. it hangs depending on the host system and hypervisor solutions you are using. By default TinyPaw upon shutdown backs up any and all data from two directories "/opt/" and "/home/" - this is or has become an issue as in order to circumvent a lot of read+write issues with scripts via the traditional *.tcz extension approach - I have built them into the core of TinyPaw ie - /home/...

The problem with this is that if left to the default backup & restore settings upon shutdown your system will try to copy and save everything from the /home/ directory every time you shutdown. This causes or can cause almost unbearable system shutdown time in some cases in excess of 5-10mins.

Keep in mind this does not affect TinyPaw if running in LIVE mode, only once you have installed it to local and bootable media. This will offer a fix to those of you who have not already figured this out. Simple solution and will be corrected by default upon the next release build.

Step 1.)

Upon your installed system boot, please select the "settings" launcher icon from the wbar at the bottom of your desktop.

Screenshot_TinyPaw_v1.4_dev_2020-01-31_11:30:12.png

Step 2.)

After clicking the "settings" launcher you will be presented with the core control panel window with plenty of options. Please select the one that says "backup/restore".

Screenshot_TinyPaw_v1.4_dev_2020-01-31_11:30:31.png

Step 3.)

You will now a new window for "backup, restore and lists maintenance" please select the middle tab with the title "included for backup (.filetool.list)

Screenshot_TinyPaw_v1.4_dev_2020-01-31_11:31:01.png

Step 4.)

By default TinyPaw and/or Tiny Core will have "opt" and "home" within this list, as stated above home as it is by default now is simply backing up a tremendous amount about shutdown. So click on home and then click delete item at the bottom left of this window.

*My list is different and we will get to that*

Screenshot_TinyPaw_v1.4_dev_2020-01-31_11:33:10.png

Step 5.)

Now toggle between the tab that says "action results" and back to the middle tab again until the "add" button and drop down selector become active. By default it will have "file" click the drop down selector and choose "directory. Once you have done so click "add".

Screenshot_TinyPaw_v1.4_dev_2020-01-31_11:32:31.png

Step 6.)

As you can see you are now prompted to select one directory at a time that you wish to be backed up upon shut down as opposed to all of them. I have chosen to backup "Downloads" as well as "hs". Meaning simply that any data I have in either two directories will be saved and present upon the next reboot. If you wish to save data from any tools then check the "show hidden files" checkbox and then select any script directories you may want backed up.

Screenshot_TinyPaw_v1.4_dev_2020-01-31_11:33:31.png

Step 7.)

At the very top of this window next to the text action: by default you will see "dry run" click this drop down selector and choose "backup" and within the the window you should see an output screen like the image above.

Feel free to add any file and/or directory to this list, this is simplified and for the sole purpose of minimizing TinyPaw shutdown time. Within a VM using KVM this has reduced shutdown time from roughly 5mins to 0.25 - 0.5sec.

Thank you for all your support!

#150 r1sen, 1 Feb 2020
    Last edited: 1 Feb 2020
  11. r1sen

r1sen Mod

r1sen updated TinyPaw-Linux with a new update entry:

v1.5 - released

Read the rest of this update entry...

12. Asian

Asian Active Member

Hi, I'm running TinyPaw in "LIVE" mode on a VirtualBox (Booting from ISO, no install needed).
    Tried Fluxion, Linset and Airgeddon. All of them give error while capturing handshake afterwards like..... "No such file or directory".
    Please guide...

13. r1sen

r1sen Mod

...what version are you using? TinyPaw is at release version 1.5 now.. linset and fluxion were discontinued quite a few release versions ago

14. Asian

Asian Active Member

TinyPaw_v1.1.1_hybrid.iso
    YES, linset and fluxion were discontinued. But i need to use. Are there any alternatives ?
    --- Double Post Merged, 2 Jan 2021, Original Post Date: 2 Jan 2021 ---
    I'm stuck at "handshake location" ,,, "No such file or directory".

15. r1sen

r1sen Mod

I am sorry.. if you check the changelog everything previous to version 1.5 has been no longer under support. I would suggest checking out the changelog the version 1.5, though over time TinyPaw has experimented with various scripts and tools and binaries, I have narrowed down the included toolset. Any tool that fluxion, linset, airgeddon use via batch scripting are the newest patched versions compiled during the time of release of version 1.5 - through countless testing as one person airgeddon.. though heavily modified for TinyPaw has been a long standing updated and included "everything" / "swiss army knife" tool in the default TinyPaw tools.

16. r1sen

r1sen Mod

I understand "your need" but I also have to point out that scripts like linset, fluxion and even airgeddon are nothing more then automated terminal scripting launching commands of tools like hcxdumptool, aircrack, aireplay, wash, reaver, etc, etc.. there is no magic in automation.. just less terminal windows and foreground activities..

17. r1sen

r1sen Mod

18. Asian

Asian Active Member

Sorry to bother you,
    I'm new to Linux.

Will update to version 1.5.
    I need to test evil twin on my network. How to do this on new version? Are there any alternatives ?

19. r1sen

r1sen Mod

Never a bother! And never apologize - being new to Linux or trying to learn new things is a great thing! As far as AP cloning and rogue tools, version 1.5 does have by default a modified airgeddon which has several categories of access point cloning, captive portal, eavesdropping, etc, etc.

20. Starx

Starx Active Member

please next update add rtl8812au driver to it
    thx. good job