My own router's handshake for testing

Discussion in 'Community Services' started by S31F, 19 Feb 2021.

1. S31F

S31F Well-Known Member

It's a very simple password but wasn't found in rockyou the only wordlist I have i used grip because i can't run it with hashcat no gpu so i wondered if It's in another wordlist (mywifi.cap)

[​IMG]

For the second one I tried it on a lot of both Free and Paid online sites and they either fail or just get on a loop of searching for a lot of time , Can someone crack it or it's really that hard? (WPAcrack-01.cap)

Mediafire Because it didn't upload: http://www.mediafire.com/file/4if0bebldi66upj/WPAcrack-01.cap/file

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. r1sen

r1sen Mod
    Staff Member Moderator Dev Team VIP

Have you tried random generation? with the arguments of upper, lowercase, number, special character, min length and max length? It can consume a ton of ram so keep that in mind? Airgeddon - my stamp of approval script/tool has a few offline cracking options and functions - one being as I just mentioned.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. S31F

S31F Well-Known Member

I'm trying to setup hashcat for the random generation on my vps when I be free so I won't consume my device because It's not that powerful , and I just tried airgeddon today but didn't go through all the options also watched some videos from the Tinypaw linux channel ,gonna check the rest of tools thanksss r1sen <3 <3 <3

4. r1sen

r1sen Mod

To specify it's using aircrack-ng and using crunch to pipe in randomly generated phrases on the fly given the arguments you choose - ie only uppercase, only lowercase, both upper and lower, only numbers, upper lower and numbers, min length, max length, etc, etc

5. r1sen

r1sen Mod

Keep in mind - TinyPaw is purposely a 32bit x86 distro, the goal was to give a modern kernel, modern pen test abilities on older systems or throw away systems. x86 architecture is limited or maxes out at 3072mb of physical memory (RAM) so take that into consideration if you plan to use this feature to randomly generate 10 billion pass phrase combinations lol

6. S31F

S31F Well-Known Member

That's like for example ?d?d for digits in hashcat right?
    Bruteforcing
    --- Double Post Merged, 20 Feb 2021, Original Post Date: 20 Feb 2021 ---
    You just gave me the idea of installing it as a primary system on my old laptop cuz it's trash

7. r1sen

r1sen Mod

8. S31F

S31F Well-Known Member

I've taken a look into that thread and read most of it , tried to calculate the speed of my VPS and that's what i got lmaoo,will defo need to find a way to get another one with gpu :woot::woot:
    [​IMG]

9. r1sen

r1sen Mod

Lol no good. Like I said if you go the direction of cpu cracking vs gpu then you'd want something with several cores and 16+ gigs of physical memory. Probably not the easiest entry level vps or cloud package.

10. r1sen

r1sen Mod

Also.. if I may say.. I'd be.. careful and cautious using a platform that someone or a company maintains for such purposes that is registered to you. Just saying. Not sure what part of this planet you reside in but some places and companies are certainly... More unforgiving for even simple "harmless" activities or internet activity :peeking:

11. r1sen

r1sen Mod

Just keep in mind.. other then the possible MAC address of the broadcast, capture or injection device (if you are not using macchanger or cloning a mac) - capturing packets or injecting them through the air is really only traceable down to proximity or distance to the device in question. I only say that to say that once you take your work offsite and connect via hard line.. you lose that nice ghostly security lol

12. S31F

S31F Well-Known Member

Just said let's try what I have and was like a month who cares? then found it will take as long as the civilization of my country lol
    --- Double Post Merged, 21 Feb 2021, Original Post Date: 21 Feb 2021 ---
    Dw about that been using VPSs for years on cracking , mining and everything possible and It's also all fine where I live they don't understand the internet lol
    --- Double Post Merged, 21 Feb 2021 ---
    Yea I'm not using any , even my name is on some router login pages and I'm still looking on how to change it

13. r1sen

r1sen Mod

Just was saying, feel free to disregard all of that then good sir.

14. S31F

S31F Well-Known Member

Thanks for reminding me tho appreciate it❤️

15. r1sen

r1sen Mod

No problem.. pretty sure i've just been doing this long enough to have driven myself crazy with paranoia and caution.. :peeking::ninja:

16. S31F

S31F Well-Known Member

I need to hide myself after connecting but I still didn't have time to search for the best way
    --- Double Post Merged, 22 Feb 2021, Original Post Date: 22 Feb 2021 ---
    But you're doing the right thing better than regrets later lol