Question Pull TCE, Push TCZ

Discussion in 'Xiaopan Support' started by anazhd, 8 Jan 2013.

1. anazhd

anazhd Active Member

Hello,

I have a few questions here:
    - Can we convert TCE files to TCZ?
    - If it's possible, how to do it? ( Is it something like reverse engineering or just simple extraction and re-compile ? )

Regards.

2. meknb

meknb Mod
    Moderator Dev Team VIP

They are just like zip files can be opened with tar command and use mksquashfs to rebuild them.
    Code:
    Select All
    $ mkdir /tmp/pkg $ cd /tmp/pkg $ cp /path-to-extension/extension.tce /tmp/pkg ##unzip tce $ sudo tar xzf extension.tce $ rm extension.tce $ cd .. ### rebuild tcz $ sudo mksquashfs pkg/ extension.tcz ### change owner not sure which owner or group it should be $ sudo chown tc:staff extension.tcz $ cp extension.tcz /newtcz

• Like Like x 1
  3. anazhd

anazhd Active Member

thanks I will try this soon. gonna pull stuff from beini and put it in xiaopan :>
    --- Double Post Merged, 9 Jan 2013 ---
    well, I learn a few stuff. thanks to you. however, my new extensions wont work on xiaopan. it's actually rtl8188 rtl8187 driver. i tried two ways :
    1. replace rtl8188 rtl8187 from xiaopan with my new extensions.
    2. add my extension to xiaopan without removing anything.

on my observation, with the existence of my extension on xiaopan, it wont load/on the wireless card at all. what do i missed here? compat wireless driver? or different kernel?

p.s : how do i remake/edit beini and boot it without md5 checksum failing?

thanks in advance!

4. meknb

meknb Mod
    Moderator Dev Team VIP

How you loading your driver have you tried modprobe "driver"?? check lsmod see if its loading then check dmesg for errors it could be dependency issues.
    Also when converting tce to tcz check you unpacking folder for config files some paths or dependencies may have changed so these will have to be edited.
    I think you could try boot beini copy the rtl8188.ko or the one you want to a pen drive the boot xiaopan and try loading the driver from your pen drive?
    Are you using ultraiso to edit your beini iso.
    http://xiaopan.co/modifying-xiaopan-os/

5. anazhd

anazhd Active Member

kinda too much for me. i just repack the extensions and add lines on boot.lst .

can i really edit beini? im using magiciso, but the thing is, once edited, the md5 changed and it wont boot. something inside beini that keeps the md5 record need to be edited too.

6. meknb

meknb Mod
    Moderator Dev Team VIP

7. anazhd

anazhd Active Member

Beini 1.2.3 support my Awus036nhr better ( with full 33tx rate ) . but beini 1.2.3 dont have inflator or reaver. First thing i want to do is pull the driver from 1.2.3 and put it into Beini 1.2.5 which have reaver and inflator. Too bad after doing that, the md5 changed.

So to find another quick way, I know xiaopan is easy to edit, so I recompile the tce to tcz using your guide and put it into xiaopan. but it wont work either.

imma check the link you give right after playing dota. gaming mode today :)
    --- Double Post Merged, 10 Jan 2013 ---
    lmao. Done editing Beini 1.2.3 ( installed reaver and inflator and replace sqlite3 ) .. airodump is working, but nothing shown in inflator after scanning.

right now im trying to pull inflator from xiaopan 0.4.3b, to see wheter it's working or not despite the version is same.

8. meknb

meknb Mod
    Moderator Dev Team VIP

Try running inflator from shell if you get a error not permitted ect try
    Code:
    Select All
    cd / cd /bin/inflator ./inflator
    and see what your errors are.
    Or you could try scanning without inflator
    Code:
    Select All
    airmon-ng start wlan0 wash -s -i mon0